The Bengals are poised for a run.

walzav29

If I look ahead to this season with rose colored glasses. I see the Steelers with an even harder schedule than Cincy. A sober Odell, a Chris Henry for all 16 games, a new running back in the draft, a proven defensive coordinator, a top 10 pick. I like it. The Steelers have to play all of the 1st place teams, and I think the Browns are a fluke. So far, so good.

If I look ahead to this season with rose colored glasses. I see the Steelers with an even harder schedule than Cincy. A sober Odell, a Chris Henry for all 16 games, a new running back in the draft, a proven defensive coordinator, a top 10 pick. I like it. The Steelers have to play all of the 1st place teams, and I think the Browns are a fluke. So far, so good.

Browns are definitely a fluke. Please post the schedule if you have it. If anyone here knows of a place where you can place bets online with odds of teams making the playoffs (Ex. Say the Bengals are 5-1 odds of making the playoffs), please post a link... I really think the Bengals will make the playoffs, we're too talented to NOT make them again. With everything set up, and Marvin's "Blow Up", I really like our chances... I want to put $100 on the Bengals that they will make the playoffs and maybe something like $25 that the Bengals will make it to the AFC Championship.

This is the kind of stuff I think after that 3rd glass of wine, when everthing is fine, my kids are faultless, my investments are better than Buffett's and of course hot chicks still want me.

But this is Monday morning and I'm facing work. I'm sober. Is Odell and will he stay that way all season? Has Henry put down his gangsta clothes and will he look and act like a pro? Will Chad be a distraction?

Finally can the team beat the injury bug that has killed it for 2 seasons in a row?

I'm betting that at least one the players listed above will screw up. These ridiculous injuries can't continue, so I'm hoping this year is more injury free than we've seen.

This is the kind of stuff I think after that 3rd glass of wine, when everthing is fine, my kids are faultless, my investments are better than Buffett's and of course hot chicks still want me.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Sentence of the day!

But this is Monday morning and I'm facing work. I'm sober. Is Odell and will he stay that way all season? Has Henry put down his gangsta clothes and will he look and act like a pro? Will Chad be a distraction?

Finally can the team beat the injury bug that has killed it for 2 seasons in a row?

I'm betting that at least one the players listed above will screw up. These ridiculous injuries can't continue, so I'm hoping this year is more injury free than we've seen.

I'll make no predictions about Henry or Odell, but injury-wise I suspect we are not out of the woods yet. Willie is basically permanently hurt. Levi is still rehabbing his knees and there were whispers of yet another surgery just after the season ended. Chad, TJ and Rudi all played, or tried to play, hurt last year; the mileage and pounding is starting to show up on these guys. Marvin said a couple days ago that the team isn't sure when Irons will be back, and we all know Chris Perry's now-legendary durability issues.

On defense, tho, I have to hope the ridiculous stretch of injuries at LB was a fluke. So that should be better. But if, as seems likely, Justin leaves, we lose one of our most durable, reliable guys ever -- and first up to replace him are Fanene and Rucker, both of whom have had a hard time staying healthy.

Bengals ... poised ...

I'll take this for '08. Being 'poised' week-to-week, game-to-game, quarter-to-quarter, play-to-play might in and of itself be more important than anything else. Perhaps the prediction/hope should simply be "Bengals are poised". I would take that. That's my hope.

www.bengals.com

The schedules are on there.

We are playing the NFC East

Who ever finished 3rd in their division in the AFC

Of course the division opponents

What I noticed while there is that the Bengals now list Dan Santucci as a CENTER!

I don't know what to make of that. Typo? :huh:

That is a great post :lmao::lmao::lmao:

What I noticed while there is that the Bengals now list Dan Santucci as a CENTER!

No, I think that was the plan from day one. I dimly recall some mention of moving him to C and that he had played or at least practiced there some in college.

EDIT: here we go, kirk's got the goods...from a while back:

http://www.cincyjungle.com/story/2007/4/29/171838/541

ESPN: "Santucci must continue to add bulk and improve his lower body strength. However, he continues to improve with more game-experience as an offensive lineman and he possesses enough size-potential, power and mobility to eventually contribute in the NFL. Santucci could contribute as a versatile reserve at guard and center in the NFL. He grades out as a mid-Day 2 pick in the 2007 class."

NFL.com: "Compares To: Brad Meester, Jacksonville -- Santucci is a scrappy, aggressive drive blocker with good pulling ability … He has a strong base, but needs to improve his upper-body power … He is quick to fire off the snap and works well on double teams … With his squat frame, he could shift to center at the pro level … He needs to add more bulk and improve hand placement, but appears to be a quick study who will make a nice mid-round find."

ESPN: "Santucci must ..... improve his lower body strength.

NFL.com: "Santucci .... has a strong base, but needs to improve his upper-body power

Wonder who has the right of it? :-)

Sounds to me like the dude needs to be in the weight room, regardless.

www.bengals.com

He has always been listed as a center. That's why they drafted him - because they liked his potential as a center. Nothing new here...

www.bengals.com

He has always been listed as a center. That's why they drafted him - because they liked his potential as a center. Nothing new here...

Is that right. Funny how in college at Notre Dame he played defensive tackle and offensive guard. Never center.

**EDIT**

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere but Dan Santucci played some C for Notre Dame. Spot duty in something like 4 or 5 games. In fact, ProFootballWeekly claimed that moving to the NFL he projected better at that position than as a Guard.

Even NFL.com still lists him as a Guard!

Edited by Bengalszone Billy
Edited due to a HOF quote I dug up.