Frostee Article

rwalling

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6611

Really nice article on Frostee. This, ladies and gentlemen, is a man in the best sense of the word. I can root for this and wish him better health and success on the field. But more than that, I know this type of character will serve him well in life if he never steps on the field again.

On a less preachy note, I had not realized that he does seem to be productive when healthy. Maybe he can finally bring the goods next season.

Really nice article on Frostee. This, ladies and gentlemen, is a man in the best sense of the word. I can root for this and wish him better health and success on the field. But more than that, I know this type of character will serve him well in life if he never steps on the field again.

On a less preachy note, I had not realized that he does seem to be productive when healthy. Maybe he can finally bring the goods next season.

I seem to remeber a spousal battery charge a few years back--not my candidate for a "gentleman." These "charitable" acts of professional athletes are just PR campaigns. It is not the type of service to humanity that makes any one especially saintly.

Don't be caught up in the PR machine. He may be nice to kids, but women seem to have a different experience. Beat on a girlfriend at USC after being expelled from Colorado State for sexual assault.

This information was widely available when the Bengals drafted him.

Wise words. http://www.insidesocal.com/usc/archives/20...r_response.html

Is he a saint, wholly innocent of every charge levelled at him? I don't know. What I do know is that he has his mistakes published in the media, who treat the truth as nothing more than an afterthought. I've made mistakes in my life, hell I've probably even broken a cell phone in my time. In fact, thinking about it I vividly remember "viciously drowning" one in the bath.

One thing is for certain, I will not take anything the meeja writes as proof positive that someone is the devil or that their s**t doesn't stink.

Really nice article on Frostee.

I read the article yesterday, but didn't bother posting it because I already knew most of the responses would be negative. There's simply too many Bengal fans who get some strange form of enjoyment from hating Bengal players.

I've mentioned it several times previously, but it never seems to gain any traction. Point blank, Rucker has actually played very well each time he's been given an opportunity. In very limited action Rucker has made numerous tackles for loss, has forced a fumble, recovered a fumble, and managed to put some pressure on the passer. And he makes a remarkably high number of tackles considering how few snaps he's gotten.

So far none of the above has been enough to sway the overwhelmingly negative perception of Rucker that was unfairly formed even before he was drafted, and was then compounded when he blew out his shoulder and missed is entire rookie season. But I'll say it again, he's flashed.....and I'm not ruling out the idea that he could be named a starter if Smith leaves and the Bengals aren't able to find a suitable replacement in the coming draft.

I've read that letter before, as well as other articles that completely blasted the credibility of Rucker's accuser. Many of them have been posted on this message board before, and the response is always the same. Most Bengal fans ignore them, thereby embracing the accusations that have been rejected in court, because it far too easy to say..."Where there's smoke there's fire."

As for the article about Rucker and the dying boy, it's a great read that won't change many opinions.

I read the article yesterday, but didn't bother posting it because I already knew most of the responses would be negative. There's simply too many Bengal fans who get some strange form of enjoyment from hating Bengal players.

I get a rather understandable form of enjoyment from hating rapists and men who hit women. You, on the other hand, are OK with those activities?

I get a rather understandable form of enjoyment from hating rapists and men who hit women. You, on the other hand, are OK with those activities?

Follow the link that Pidge provided. Read the letter. If you do that much and still believe Rucker was a rapist then you're quilty of ignoring the things that were learned in a court of law.

But you've done that before, right?

Let's face it. You're a hater who has no time for the other side of an issue if it gets in the way of a negative opinion that you had previously formed based upon lies, half-truths, empty accusations, and ignorance. And because you get some form of enjoyment from hating Bengal players, including Rucker, there's no possiblity you'll change your opinion of him no matter how many positve articles are written about him, even those that touch upon his friendship with a dying child.

Again, your reaction is exactly why I didn't bother posting the article after I read it yesterday. You simply don't care that the rape charges were unfounded...or that Rucker hasn't been in any trouble whatsover since being drafted....or that he's reached out in a very positive way to a local family in exactly the manner that few athletes bother to do. No, you've got your hatred to protect, embrace, and nurture and you're not going to let a little thing like facts slow you down.

Rage on, my Bengal brother.

Follow the link that Pidge provided. Read the letter. If you do that much and still believe Rucker was a rapist then you're quilty of ignoring the things that were learned in a court of law. But you've done that before, right?

I did. It was completely and utterly speculative. The thing was a letter published by a fan on a USC site. That's your evidence? There were no facts presented. But that's never stopped you from using similar "evidence" before, has it?

The facts of this case are very simple. Rucker was accused by two women in Colorado of sexual assault. They refused to testify (as rape victims often do), but the accuser has maintained her story all along, he was convicted of a lesser charge despite her lack of testimony, and he was expelled. He then goes to a new school and a new state and gets arrested and convicted of assault. So the question is, do you believe three different women in two states, or Frostee Rucker? I'm going with the three women, but that's because I am objective and possess critical reasoning abilities. I am not a fanboy who blindly dismisses anything my heros do.

What would it take for you to dump the Bengals "company line" act? Murder? Would that be enough?

Let's face it. You're a hater who has no time for the other side of an issue if it gets in the way of a negative opinion that you had previously formed based upon lies, half-truths, empty accusations, and ignorance. And because you get some form of enjoyment from hating Bengal players, including Rucker, there's no possiblity you'll change your opinion of him no matter how many positve articles are written about him, even those that touch upon his friendship with a dying child.

Beat that strawman since it's easier than a real argument. I have no patience for criminals, period, whether they're on the Bengals or not. Don't pretend to psychoanalyze me because 1) you're not qualified, and 2) you don't know me. What I don't do is stick my head in my ass when it's the players on my favorite team committing the crimes, as you appear to be quite capable of doing.

If you rape a woman, you're a class "A" sh*thead in my book, and I don't care what you do for a living, football or otherwise.

You simply don't care that the rape charges were unfounded...

According to whom? I'm pretty sure there is a woman from Colorado who might dispute that with you.

or that Rucker hasn't been in any trouble whatsover since being drafted....

Don't care. One rape is enough for me.

or that he's reached out in a very positive way to a local family in exactly the manner that few athletes bother to do.

It's amazing how he reached out in a very...public...manner.

No, you've got your hatred to protect, embrace, and nurture and you're not going to let a little thing like facts slow you down.

You want to talk facts, bring it. How many women in how many different areas have accused Rucker of abuse? I don't believe in that kind of coincidence, just like I don't believe it's coincidence that Pacman Jones just seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time all the time. You can close your eyes to the obvious all you want, it makes it easier to reconcile your blind love for criminals.

The thing was a letter published by a fan on a USC site. That's your evidence?

The letter was written by Rucker's attorney, a man far more familiar with the facts in the case than you or I. And in the letter he speaks directly to the evidence used in the case, including the fact that the accuser had to change her story multiple times after police determined she had lied.

There were no facts presented. But that's never stopped you from using similar "evidence" before, has it?

Actually, there was quite a lot of evidence mentioned in the letter, including the fact that the rape charge was thrown out of court based upon the testimony of other witnesses and because the accuser admitted the sex was consensual. But you continue to ignore that FACT.

The facts of this case are very simple. Rucker was accused by two women in Colorado of sexual assault. They refused to testify (as rape victims often do), but the accuser has maintained her story all along...

Not true. Not only did his accuser refuse to testify in court, but changed her story several times when police confronted her with inconsistencies. In fact, Rucker's attorney at the time explained her refusal to testify as little more than an unwillingness to face perjury charges.

What would it take for you to dump the Bengals "company line" act? Murder? Would that be enough?

I'd say you're far more guilty of forming an opinion based upon preconceived notions than I am. Rucker played his college ball in my backyard, for USC, and as a result I was made well aware of the accusations made against Frostee Rucker long before the Bengals drafted him. Those charges were fodder for the local press from the moment Rucker transferred to USC, and were found to be groundless by a Los Angeles press corp that couldn't care less about anything regarding the Bengals.

I have no patience for criminals, period, whether they're on the Bengals or not.

And apparently you have no concern for testimony given under oath or legal rulings.

What I don't do is stick my head in my ass when it's the players on my favorite team committing the crimes, as you appear to be quite capable of doing.

The only reason the above isn't true is because your head is always firmly placed within your ass, and as a result there's no opportunty for you to insert it there whenever specific opportunities arise.

If you rape a woman, you're a class "A" sh*thead in my book, and I don't care what you do for a living, football or otherwise.

There you go again, ignoring the facts. The courts not only didn't convict Rucker of rape, but confronted his accuser with a witness who not only witnessed the sex but testified the sex was consensual and happened on more than one occasion....including after the date the rape was said to have happened. Now faced with the threat of perjury charges the accuser withdrew the rape charge and admitted the sex was consensual.

Yet somehow you can't seem to grasp any of this?

It's amazing how he reached out in a very...public...manner.

It's amazing that an act of kindness means nothing to you. As for reaching out in a very public manner, he didn't. The story wasn't written until after the child had passed away, and neither of us knows who tipped off the writer. It could have been the Bengals, looking for a feel good story, or it could have been the family.

You want to talk facts, bring it.

Fact - The rape charge was thrown out of court when the accuser admitted the sex was consensual and the relationship had continued for some time after the date she later claimed being raped. Call me crazy, but I think your very dumb ass is going to have a hard time getting past that little nugget. In fact, I'm guessing you'll keep ignoring it....as it undermines everything you've claimed.

You can close your eyes to the obvious all you want, it makes it easier to reconcile your blind love for criminals.

You're the one casting a blind eye towards testimony and court rulings. As for me, I'm on solid ground.

Why are we accusing someone of something that he was never found guilty for, its like ur saying he did something, but the facts are stating that he didnt so i think he deserves the chances he has in life and now seems to be on the right track so thats good for him. Until they say he raped or did something else he is innocent of that in my book.

I seem to remeber a spousal battery charge a few years back--not my candidate for a "gentleman." These "charitable" acts of professional athletes are just PR campaigns. It is not the type of service to humanity that makes any one especially saintly.

You means the ones from the gold digger that were dropped?

The courts .....didn't convict

Honeypie, OJ Simpson just called and said he wants to watch our kids tonight - NO CHARGE! - so we can go out to dinner.

That's an incredibly stupid point that isn't worth attempting unless you're determined to be a douchebag....which isn't needed in your case.

The point each of you dinks keep trying to gloss over is Rucker wasn't convicted because of some failing in the criminal justice system. In fact, the opposite is true. The rape charge was thrown out because the accuser completely recanted her story, admitting that the sex was consensual and their relationship continued after the rape was said to have occured.

Frankly, for those of you who pretend to care only about facts that's going to be a problem.

The courts .....didn't convict

Honeypie, OJ Simpson just called and said he wants to watch our kids tonight - NO CHARGE! - so we can go out to dinner.

That's an incredibly stupid point that isn't worth attempting unless you're determined to be a douchebag....which isn't needed in your case.

The point each of you dinks keep trying to gloss over is Rucker wasn't convicted because of some failing in the criminal justice system. In fact, the opposite is true. The rape charge was thrown out because the accuser completely recanted her story, admitting that the sex was consensual and their relationship continued after the rape was said to have occured.

Frankly, for those of you who pretend to care only about facts that's going to be a problem.

:lol: Haven't heard that word in ages. My wife is looking at me like I'm a lunatic for cackling.

Fact - The rape charge was thrown out of court when the accuser admitted the sex was consensual and the relationship had continued for some time after the date she later claimed being raped. Call me crazy, but I think your very dumb ass is going to have a hard time getting past that little nugget. In fact, I'm guessing you'll keep ignoring it....as it undermines everything you've claimed.

That happens a great deal with rape cases, even if the accuser is telling the truth. It's often very difficult for women to go through a trial after some assh*le has raped them, only to face brutal questioning from a defense attorney. If that were the only woman that Frostee's had a problem with, I'd consider the possibility you're describing. Women do lie, as we learned in Durham.

However, what happens a hellofalot *more* often is that an athlete hits his woman and she recants under massive pressure. Additionally, it's happened at least 3 times (some claim a 4th when he was a juvenile, but that's impossible to prove). How many times have you been accused of assaulting a woman? I'm up to 0. Frostee's working on a handful.

Basically, I don't believe in that kind of coincidence. You'd have to be a blind fanboy, a defense attorney, or braindead to do so. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for #1.

Lest you question my motives, I was disgusted by that cretin well before the Bengals drafted him. I was disappointed - but somehow not surprised - to see them do so.

That happens a great deal with rape cases, even if the accuser is telling the truth. It's often very difficult for women to go through a trial after some assh*le has raped them, only to face brutal questioning from a defense attorney.

What a predictable response. In one short day you've moved from claiming facts are all-important to completely dismissing the FACT that an accuser completely changed her story when under oath. And she only did that because the police found a witness who could verify that the sex was consensual and contined after the date she had claimed a rape occured. Frankly, it's not brutal questioning from a defense attorney that the accuser feared. It was perjury charges and prison time.

I'd have more respect for your willingness to believe an accusers now discredited story if she had the guts to repeat the charges on the witness stand OR if you didn't have access to information showing how she had completely retracted her accusation. After all, most of these things boil down to he said/she said rants that leave a measure of doubt in everyones mind. But that's not the case here. The accuser was found to have lied about everything, and actually admitted it. Yet somehow, knowing all this to be true, your dumb ass keeps repeating the lie that Rucker is a rapist.

He may not be a boyscout, but the truth should matter to you. Sadly, you've proven that it doesn't.

[if you rape a woman, you're a class "A" sh*thead in my book, and I don't care what you do for a living, football or otherwise.

If you accuse a man, over and over, of rape, without a single shred of evidence that he committed rape, you are a class "A", self-righteous, cynical moron. Get over yourself, DC.

T.J., conflating Frostee with OJ tells me that you are indeed a douchbag. There was a mountain of evidence against O.J. and virtually none against Frostee. You too, should get over yourself.

Damn, you two are annoying!