Jags at Steelers game thread (Merged)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think it was troy.

Check out the CBS.com and FoxSports websites. It was Troy, and they're as shocked as anyone. I absolutely love it! I've seen department store mannequins leap into action faster than he did. Garrard was beginning to go to the ground in front of him until he realized he could simply waltz around him!

I've been relentless on the Steelers fan on my team and have loved it all day !!! I've heard nothing but, "How are the Bengals enjoying the playoffs ? Oh wait, they aren't IN the playoffs !!!" since the season ended. I've been busting his balls about how the Bengals are REALLY enjoying the playoffs, how about the Steelers ?? Happy days happy days !!!

WHODEY !!!

Don't think it was troy.

Check out the CBS.com and FoxSports websites. It was Troy, and they're as shocked as anyone. I absolutely love it! I've seen department store mannequins leap into action faster than he did. Garrard was beginning to go to the ground in front of him until he realized he could simply waltz around him!

Retraction. Kaz was right. It wasn't Troy.

capt.659891e0cbd4447388a22760949d3c79.jaguars_steelers_football_paks114.jpg

The long hair threw us off.

Kudos Kaz.

All I can say is this:

Tonight...the happiest guy on the planet is Duus! :sure:

This year's Duus Family celebration happened to occur on January 5th. Here's hoping the holiday is in December for the next few years!

You know, I was nuts as I saw the Jags go away from what they do best and allow the Steelers the much-needed offensive possessions. Even so, having this town deal with another last second playoff loss ... well, sort of warms the heart.

Oh, and one last thing ... how does Hines Ward continue to get away with the trash he does on the field? That end-zone face mask non-call was ridiculous.

Meh. . . we went as far as we deserved to go. Handed Jax the game. . . . meh. . . . oh well. We wouldn't have gotten past the next round, anyway. . . so that makes it not sting as badly.

EDIT: And Hines played his little ass off. . . you can tell he left it all out there.

I wish we had made the playoffs, but at least your season lasted a whole 6 days longer than ours.

And your drafting late.

All in all, I'm pleased.

Meh. . . we went as far as we deserved to go. Handed Jax the game. . . . meh. . . . oh well. We wouldn't have gotten past the next round, anyway. . . so that makes it not sting as badly.

EDIT: And Hines played his little ass off. . . you can tell he left it all out there.

I was waiting for that line........

Jags win certainly made my weekend a little better. I hope the Bengals were taking notes on how to build a good team that can win in the cold weather. I think it's time to de-emphasise the pass and get back to running the ball. Alot. A whole lot. Do that and the passes will be there.

Their D-line was impressive to watch as well. They put a lot of pressure on the QB all night. Again I hope someone was taking notes.

I was waiting for that line........

Jags win certainly made my weekend a little better. I hope the Bengals were taking notes on how to build a good team that can win in the cold weather. I think it's time to de-emphasise the pass and get back to running the ball. Alot. A whole lot. Do that and the passes will be there.

Their D-line was impressive to watch as well. They put a lot of pressure on the QB all night. Again I hope someone was taking notes.

Yep, and you have highlighted my longstanding claim that Steeler fans always claim their team gave the game away. You will never hear them stoop to the forbidden level of "my team lost ... they beat us ... they are better than us". Speaks volumes.

No sh*t Duus, I noticed that to... Everytime the Steelers LOST this year, I had to hear, "Well it was a very winnable game that they gave away"... I always busted his balls about that sh*t to. I would tell him, "No sh*t d*ckhead, they are ALL winnable game, but you LOST" just say it from Christ's sake. Thier first round LOSS made my whole deployment of dealing with this guy SO much more bearable !!!

WHODEY !!!

No sh*t Duus, I noticed that to... Everytime the Steelers LOST this year, I had to hear, "Well it was a very winnable game that they gave away"... I always busted his balls about that sh*t to. I would tell him, "No sh*t d*ckhead, they are ALL winnable game, but you LOST" just say it from Christ's sake. Thier first round LOSS made my whole deployment of dealing with this guy SO much more bearable !!!

WHODEY !!!

Yeah, what I am getting from EVERY Steeler fan locally is that they 'gave the game away' and would have won if it was not for the refs and/or significant injuries.

This drives me crazy on two very obvious fronts. First, the VERY SAME PEOPLE tried to 'coach me' through-out the 2007 football year in that you cannot point to injuries as a reason your team is not doing well. I would list the various IR members that the Bengals had very early in the year and they would constantly tell me that that is part of football and you may never use that ... and then they are now turning around and ... well ... USING THAT! I call them on it and they just say that the Steeler injuries are to players that are critical to their team. Huh? And the second is this refs garbage. I'm sure most of these fans have a copy of the Super Bowl that they should sit down and watch and realize how completely ... ABSOLUTELY ... ridiculous it is for a Steeler fan to EVER AGAIN cry about refs calls. That one should be off the table for ever more.

WHODEY !!!

Yeah, what I am getting from EVERY Steeler fan locally is that they 'gave the game away' and would have won if it was not for the refs and/or significant injuries.

This drives me crazy on two very obvious fronts. First, the VERY SAME PEOPLE tried to 'coach me' through-out the 2007 football year in that you cannot point to injuries as a reason your team is not doing well. I would list the various IR members that the Bengals had very early in the year and they would constantly tell me that that is part of football and you may never use that ... and then they are now turning around and ... well ... USING THAT! I call them on it and they just say that the Steeler injuries are to players that are critical to their team. Huh? And the second is this refs garbage. I'm sure most of these fans have a copy of the Super Bowl that they should sit down and watch and realize how completely ... ABSOLUTELY ... ridiculous it is for a Steeler fan to EVER AGAIN cry about refs calls. That one should be off the table for ever more.

Yeah at the end of the game were the steelers wideout is dragging the guy into the endzone by the facemask, and the def. player gets flagged :blink: