PFT: BRESH FIRED!!!

HoosierCat

POSTED 5:05 p.m. EST, January 2, 2008

BENGALS FIRE BRESNAHAN

A league source tells us that the Bengals have fired defensive coordinator Chuck Bresnahan.

Bresnahan spent three years in the position. His predecessor, Leslie Frazier, was fired after the 2004 season.

It's unknown whether the decision to fire Bresnahan was made by head coach Marvin Lewis, or by upper management.

On Monday, Lewis defended his staff. "I'm very pleased with what our coaches have done this year," Lewis said. "They've gone through some trying times with new players and injuries. It's very difficult each and every week to look at a different group of guys, moving guys from position to position. I thought they handled that very well."

PLEASE LET THIUS BE TRUE!!!!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, Rex would be nice (compared to the other options). Would Ryan even want this job if he's not offered the HC position at Balt? Would the Bengals' count him out on salary alone? That wouldn't suprise me.

Didn't Baltimore clean house completely? if so i doubt they would fire him and then make him HC. Do Ryan and Marvin have any notable connections? And does Ryan run a 4-3 or 3-4 defense?

Yep, Rex would be nice (compared to the other options). Would Ryan even want this job if he's not offered the HC position at Balt? Would the Bengals' count him out on salary alone? That wouldn't suprise me.

Didn't Baltimore clean house completely? if so i doubt they would fire him and then make him HC. Do Ryan and Marvin have any notable connections? And does Ryan run a 4-3 or 3-4 defense?

Yeah although I read that Rex was a consideration as the new HC for them - but that was a few days ago when the Billick announcement was made.

I'm guessing another lame-o cheapie who's desperate for a job, like Henderson, will get the call for the Bengals.

I'm sure he'll do wonders with the CFL talent here.

What's donnie done? If I'm not mistaken isn't he what chuck did before he became DC?

He would be like what Chuck Bresnahan was when we fired Leslie Frazier. Soooooo not an upgrade. Then again, we're Cincinnati. We hate dat der upgrades. We da luv parrelllels.

Sorry. This was a move to appease the crowds. So, be appeased. I'm sure there's another DC that we'll hate by this time next year that will do his duty to keep our defensive rankings in the 20s. (sigh)

Not that I don't support the move. I just don't see anything coming from it.

For those who have to complain about everything, and you know who you are, ESPNRadio is reporting Rex Ryan has agreed to be the Jet's new DC. No official announcement expected until a few details are hammered out.

I thought that was Rob Ryan from Oakland not Rex Ryan from Baltimore...

For those who have to complain about everything, and you know who you are, ESPNRadio is reporting Rex Ryan has agreed to be the Jet's new DC. No official announcement expected until a few details are hammered out.

I thought that was Rob Ryan from Oakland not Rex Ryan from Baltimore...

Score one for Spor_tees.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/ci_7856024?source=most_emailed