Yes, this is exactly how I feel!

Bengals1

Lance gets it.....

I thought Sunday would push me to the apathy stage....push me into Don't Care Ville. The last two games have been mind numbing....painful....no fun to watch....at all. But instead of apathy, I find myself becoming more and more bitter towards Mike Brown, the Bengals and what they represent.

I've invested a lifetime in rooting for this team....from Wilmington to painting my face at the Freezer Bowl to wearing my Boomer jersey in my dorm room for the 2nd Super Bowl. I'm tired of getting nothing in return. I'm tired of an organization that believes it's plan works...when the plan has produced one winning season since 1990. It's insulting. I'm tired of spinning the wheel of blame......Mike, Marvin, coaches, players, scouts...blah, blah, blah. I'm tired of excuses. I'm tiring of hearing they have to make plays, coach better, stay the course. Bullcrap.

But apathy lets Mike Brown off the hook. I refuse to do that. This sucks. And I'm going to keep pounding home that point. It won't change. 17 years is proof it won't. Marvin has had five years to play his cards. This franchise is not trending up....it has settled back in. There may be an '05 season again...but it will be the exception to the Bengals Rule. Where is the pride from this organization? Where is the competitive drive? Mike Brown should be ashamed.

If you're not angry you're just not paying attention!! :angry:

Mike Brown should be ashamed.

I honestly do not believe he has any shame. He prefers to attribute his poor record as owner to pure bad luck, over, and over, and over again. Listening to him is listening to a broken record.

FYI younger members, this is a "record": 22422143.jpg

No doubt about it, Mike Brown should have moved the franchise when he got the chance.

It would be no different there. :yucky:

But you'd be happier. In fact, everyone would be happier. Mike Brown would be even richer, and local sports hacks like Ludwig, Daugherty, and McAllister could spend their time debating last nights tractor pulling championship. Or failing that, how about hosting a dog show or a republican convention? Best, without the distraction of NFL football the fine citizens of Cincinnati would finally embrace their backwater status and settle into a happier and more content minor league existence.

I feel ya Bengals 1. It has been tough being a lifelong fan.....no journey, that's for sure. You get a taste of sweet success and you long to taste more, only to be let down and starved by your maker and he owns theonly friggin candy store in town. It ain't easy being orange.

But you'd be happier.

Not so. They'd still be my team even if they moved away from Cincinnati. Hell, I, and you as well, (I assume) moved from the Queen City area, yet still closely follow the team from afar.

...and then there's the good life in the big city as Hair sees it.....getting bitch-slapped week after week, and having your property tax and sales tax money that should be getting used to improve schools, the local infrastructure, or some other worthy cause diverted into Mike Brown's pocket to help pay for his low-quality product.

Yes, friends, it is better to have an awful NFL franchise right here in little River City and to take this kinda of beating day in and day out rather than having better schools, infrastructure, etc etc and root for some other town's team.

So much better.

Slap me again, Mike, please......don't leave, here's a hundred bucks, now slap me again......please.....

...and then there's the good life in the big city as Hair sees it.....getting bitch-slapped week after week, and having your property tax and sales tax money that should be getting used to improve schools, the local infrastructure, or some other worthy cause diverted into Mike Brown's pocket to help pay for his low-quality product.

Typical. Vote in favor of something and then blame other people for the results you knew were coming. The fact of the matter is the money each individual taxpayer is charged is a pittance, and was required for the fair citizens of Cincy to indulge their misplaced big city/ big league delusions. And we are talking about delusions here because how much of a big city cn Cincinnati be if it can't properly fund it's schools and infrastructure projects simply because it used some taxpayer funds to build a stadium?

Bottom Line: Call it buyers remorse or sticker shock or just the feelings a yokel feels after being swindled out of a five dollar bill. But the sad truth of the matter is you hate yourself for being a small timer without options.

Yes, friends, it is better to have an awful NFL franchise right here in little River City and to take this kinda of beating day in and day out rather than having better schools, infrastructure, etc etc and root for some other town's team.

Q. - Why can't the citzens of Cincinnati properly fund a better school system?

A. - They very easily could, but education isn't an issue considered important enough to raise taxes.

Q. - Why can't the citzens of Cincinnati properly fund a better school system?

A. - They very easily could, but education isn't an issue considered important enough to raise taxes.

No need to be an jerk about it Hair. So you're glad you don't live around here. Congratulations. How is it you spend so much time and emotion supporting a curmudgeon like Mike Brown but have no respect for the town he and his team represent?

By the way, what huge city do you live in that has such a stellar, well-funded public school system?

No doubt about it, Mike Brown should have moved the franchise when he got the chance.

Here comes the Mikey slurping...

Actually, what would be better is if Mikey did one of two things:

1) Sell the team to someone will keep it in Cincinnati, and who knows what the hell he is doing.

2) Hire a GM and stop pretending that he has his father's talent, or that he himself is somehow a failure if he admits it.

Here comes the Mikey slurping...

1) Sell the team to someone will keep it in Cincinnati, and who knows what the hell he is doing.

2) Hire a GM and stop pretending that he has his father's talent, or that he himself is somehow a failure if he admits it.

You should have ended this post with 'Can I get an amen'. I will do it anyway.

AMEN!

I used to that way get so mad ignoring people things like that, but i realized u know what its just a game there are more important things in life to worry about then this. No need to get mad over something i cant control and never will control and maybe one day there will be a miricle and this team will do good and ill be ready for that. Until then why worry about these things and just watch the games cause u never know what will happen.

More pie in the sky yammering. Mike Brown once admitted that his family has never been approached by anyone seriously interested in purchasing the Bengals and keeping them in Cincinnati....including immediately after the death of his father when it was first believed that estate tax laws would force a sale. In fact, Brown has claimed that the only serious offer he's ever received was linked to moving the team to Baltimore.

And slurp this. Like it or not Cincy's situation isn't much different from that found in pre-Katrina New Orleans, the largest city in the country without a single billionaire resident, and also having the smallest pool of millionaire residents.

No need to be an jerk about it Hair. So you're glad you don't live around here. Congratulations. How is it you spend so much time and emotion supporting a curmudgeon like Mike Brown but have no respect for the town he and his team represent?

I like southern Ohio. I'm from there and can easily and quite happily see myself returning under certain conditions. That said, I have no respect for a populace that will overwhelmingly vote in favor of doing the things needed to keep an NFL team...only to resume waging economic and public relations warfare on that team the moment it signs a lease that commits it to stay for another 30 years.

Correct me if I'm wrong but years ago you guys didn't vote to keep a first place team run by a spend crazy owner.