What a difference Chris Henry makes

schnarfer

Regardless of the TD scored, there is no doubt what Henry brings to this offense. Timing takes, well, time and for Henry to come back in his first game and lead the team in receiving yards is pretty big. I (as well as others) have said, when healthy (or not stupid) the combination of Chad, TJ, and Henry is crazy good !!! Could you imagine having a healthy Perry or Irons catching out of the backfield and a pass catching TE (upcoming draft maybe) coupled with Rudi ?? Rudi's running style would only be showcased by a passing game of that magnitude. That being said, OUR DEFENSE STILL SUCKS BALLS !!! Point is, I like when Herny isn't a complete dumbass !!!

WHODEY !!!

Henry definitely helps. But like Army says, u never know when he's going to transform into DumbassMan...

Why the hell do you people fixate on that?

It is not a f-ing given!

No, it's not. But you can't ignore it, either. I'll take what I can get out of Henry, but I wouldn't build my offense around having him.

How many Td's did we score again?

You annoy me. Any who...

The offense looked MUCH better with Henry in the lineup, specifically the passing game. Carson was licking his chops all day long. You simply cannot cover us with Henry in the lineup.

As for the no touchdowns, was it me, or was the play calling absolutely terrible in the redzone? Carson and our stud WR's were torching them all day long, but it seems like when we got to the redzone we forgot how to pass.

Correct Scooter. With Henry, it is an elite offense.

If he isn't suspended, they have at least two more wins at this point. Maybe three.

Hope he has figured that out and stays out of trouble moving forward. The sky is the limit for this offense when he is around.

If he isn't suspended, they have at least two more wins at this point. Maybe three.

Hope he has figured that out and stays out of trouble moving forward. The sky is the limit for this offense when he is around.

It's interesting to look at Henry's presence v. absence in the light of tonight's Indy/SD game. W/o Harrison, Indy is struggling to move the ball.

Aw geeze, this Cincinnati offense doesn't have go all the way up in the sky to impress me. I know they've got plenty of excellent players at their skill positions. What I could go for is seeing those aforementioned players start converting the majority of these recent trips into the Redzone from FG's to TD's.

Sure, it'll work just fine against teams like the Ravens who are almost devoid of any offensive consistency, but for the most part, the Bengals will still be in a world of hurt if it isn't rectified, and soon.

How many Td's did we score again?

You annoy me. Any who...

The offense looked MUCH better with Henry in the lineup, specifically the passing game. Carson was licking his chops all day long. You simply cannot cover us with Henry in the lineup.

As for the no touchdowns, was it me, or was the play calling absolutely terrible in the redzone? Carson and our stud WR's were torching them all day long, but it seems like when we got to the redzone we forgot how to pass.

Dumb ass penalties don't help either. False starts always hurt, but they're that much worse once you enter the redzone. I think there were two sepearte times today they had a 3rd and goal at about the 18 yard line. Couple that with a non-existent running game (seriously, have we seen enough of Rudi by now?), and you turn TDs into FGs.

Henry definitely helps. But like Army says, u never know when he's going to transform into DumbassMan...

It is not a f-ing given!

I fixate on it, because he's a dumbass. I have been a HUGE advocate of Chris Henry the player and have made many posts to the fact that he's a #1 WR on many teams in this league. The problem is (undeniably) that he has been a complete dumbass of an epic proportion. Does that mean his dumbassishness will continue ?? No, but the offense cannot afford to keep placing this much stock in a player that has PROVEN to f*ck up on a consistent basis. I for one am hoping to never hear Chris Henry's name again unless someone is talking about how great of a WR he is and how him straightening himself out help lead the Bengals to their 1st Super Bowl victory... However, if I was a betting man (Wait, I am) I would say the odds are not in his favor to not f*ck up again. Honestly, I wonder if there is a line in Vegas on how long it will take him to f*ck up again ?? That being said, I'm glad Henry is back in the lineup and like what I saw in his first game back !!!

WHODEY !!!

It is not a f-ing given!

I fixate on it, because he's a dumbass. I have been a HUGE advocate of Chris Henry the player and have made many posts to the fact that he's a #1 WR on many teams in this league. The problem is (undeniably) that he has been a complete dumbass of an epic proportion. Does that mean his dumbassishness will continue ?? No, but the offense cannot afford to keep placing this much stock in a player that has PROVEN to f*ck up on a consistent basis. I for one am hoping to never hear Chris Henry's name again unless someone is talking about how great of a WR he is and how him straightening himself out help lead the Bengals to their 1st Super Bowl victory... However, if I was a betting man (Wait, I am) I would say the odds are not in his favor to not f*ck up again. Honestly, I wonder if there is a line in Vegas on how long it will take him to f*ck up again ?? That being said, I'm glad Henry is back in the lineup and like what I saw in his first game back !!!

WHODEY !!!

Who knows with Henry, "young and dumb" applies. thing is, he's been in trouble for most of his adult life. Still 99 yards after not playing this season, thats the most impressive event to me. I think the Bengals just ride the guy until he gives out.

Aw geeze, this Cincinnati offense doesn't have go all the way up in the sky to impress me. I know they've got plenty of excellent players at their skill positions. What I could go for is seeing those aforementioned players start converting the majority of these recent trips into the Redzone from FG's to TD's.

Sure, it'll work just fine against teams like the Ravens who are almost devoid of any offensive consistency, but for the most part, the Bengals will still be in a world of hurt if it isn't rectified, and soon.

Most teams don't have a defense as good as Baltimore's either.

I would imagine they will find the end zone a ton in upcoming weeks (assuming health and no further arrests). But look at the first nine points and tell me how they get those without Henry? He was huge, working the middle of the field, and providing a deep threat to go with CJ and Housh. I daresay, the Bengals fairly dominated that game yesterday, on both sides of the ball. The bigger surprise? That they dominated the game offensively. And that is thanks, almost entirely, to Chris Henry.

I'm just glad that all this trouble is behind Henry and now he's finally able to move forward and take his talent to the next level. This dude is a stud! I'm so thankful that MB and coach Lewis along with Palmer and other players have supported Chris through these trials and tribulations and that they NEVER turned their backs on him like a lot of the fans who were calling for his head (everyone wanted him cut). You can't deny his talent, I'd rather have him here for 8 than not have him at all.

Here's to Henry's first TD catch of the year next week :cheers: I hope he takes that ball and throws it up 1,000 ft. in the air along with all that weight on his shoulders.

It is not a f-ing given!

No, it's just that he's managed to screw up, what, something like 6 or 8 times in 2 years? It may not be a given, but let's just say that Vegas wouldn't exactly give long odds.

Let's just hope that he tones down his stupidity from 'waving gun at cop while wearing jersey' level of stupid to 'insulting parking attendant' level from now on. I can live with that.

Because he did something last night I haven't seen Chad do for a long time - beat good double coverage deep and in the middle of the field.

herny is a ver very very very talented wideout. with him on the field there is no way any team can double up on any of our wideouts. because if one of these guy has 1 on 1 they are going to win that battle so it make us hard to stop. now can he be trusted no not from what his past has shown. does that mean he can change yes. i for one hope he never see's a law enforcement officer ever again. if this groups can stay together and he keeps his nose clean. you could be looking at the best group of wideouts in the history of the game.

It appears that this offense relies on a 3rd receiver. It's hard to have 3 good receivers, but the fact that Henry is that 3rd guy sucks. You can totally see a difference in this offense with Henry in there. This guy is getting in fights with parking lot employee's? After all of the trouble he has been in? That is stupid. He is a dumb guy. That's it. After the Bengals finish this horrible 7-9 season a 3rd receiver must be addressed. Not in the draft of course. They need to save their draft for defense. Free-Agent wide receiver.

It is not a f-ing given!

Its not? Every chance he gets to screw up, he apparently takes it... Just sayin'

But, really, now. Look on the bright side...

...with his latest altercation, HE DID NOT GET ARRESTED or CHARGED!

That certainly shows signs of improvement!

:lmao: