Are you starting to feel dumb?

akiliklingler

I'm starting to feel a bit foolish that I thought this team would be a contender this year. I didn't think they'd win the Super Bowl, but I thought they had as good a chance as any to win the division. Why on earth did I ever think that?! Did I base those assumptions on last year - because the '06 team was a bunch of mentally weak excuse makers. I therefore, must have chalked up '06 to a down year and expected the Bengals to return to the form they showed in '05. That was dumb!

Top 15 Players of the '05 Bengals

1. Carson Palmer - Still the best, but doesn't have the same supporting cast.

2. Chad Johnson - Still one of our better players, but can't perform in a big game if his life depended on it.

3. Rudi Johnosn - Seems to be done.

4. Levi Jones - Hasn't done much since his big contract except make Jared Allen look like a HOF.

5. T.J. Whosyourmamma - Besides Carson, probably the best player on the '07 squad.

6. Willie Anderson - Great locker room prescens (I guess), but he's finished.

7. Deltha O'Neal - Has almost as many arrests as picks since the '05 season.

8. Eric Steinbach - Browns.

9. Odell Thurman - Smoking crack at construction site somewhere in GA.

10. Rich Braham - Retired.

11. Brian Simmons - Waterboy for the Saints.

12. Chris Perry - MIA.

13. Chris Henry - 'nuff said.

14. Justin Smith - Great motor - Who gives a s$*t - every d@%n tackle he makes is ten yards down the field.

15. Tory James - At a nursing home in South Dakota.

*** David Pollack - Although not one of the best of '05, he definately was "the future of the D".

I'm starting to feel a bit foolish that I thought this team would be a contender this year. I didn't think they'd win the Super Bowl, but I thought they had as good a chance as any to win the division. Why on earth did I ever think that?! Did I base those assumptions on last year - because the '06 team was a bunch of mentally weak excuse makers. I therefore, must have chalked up '06 to a down year and expected the Bengals to return to the form they showed in '05. That was dumb!

Top 15 Players of the '05 Bengals

1. Carson Palmer - Still the best, but doesn't have the same supporting cast.

2. Chad Johnson - Still one of our better players, but can't perform in a big game if his life depended on it.

3. Rudi Johnosn - Seems to be done.

4. Levi Jones - Hasn't done much since his big contract except make Jared Allen look like a HOF.

5. T.J. Whosyourmamma - Besides Carson, probably the best player on the '07 squad.

6. Willie Anderson - Great locker room prescens (I guess), but he's finished.

7. Deltha O'Neal - Has almost as many arrests as picks since the '05 season.

9. Odell Thurman - Smoking crack at construction site somewhere in GA.

10. Rich Braham - Retired.

11. Brian Simmons - Waterboy for the Saints.

12. Chris Perry - MIA.

13. Chris Henry - 'nuff said.

14. Justin Smith - Great motor - Who gives a s$*t - every d@%n tackle he makes is ten yards down the field.

15. Tory James - At a nursing home in South Dakota.

*** David Pollack - Although not one of the best of '05, he definately was "the future of the D".

1. Carson Palmer - Needs a Running game to open up the pass a bit more, (#5 in the league in passing but only #28th in running)

2. Chad Johnson - Got a lot of yards because of the Playaction pass, which we can't do well this year without a running attack to set it up.

3. Rudi Johnson - Theres something wrong with Rudi, and I don't know what it is.

4. Levi Jones - He gave up some sacks against Jared Allen but he bounced back and has played like a top tackle in the league again

5. T.J. Whosyourmamma - new #1 receiver, Very reliable on third downs, played fantastic football this year.

6. Willie Anderson - Luckily we have someone to step in for him and do a pretty good job, but we need willie back.

7. Deltha O'Neal - Our best DB this year, He's played lockdown football and I haven't seen him give up any more big plays than the great corner in Champ Bailey

9. Odell Thurman - Harsher punishment than deserved, unless he did something we don't know of.

10. Rich Braham - Over rated, Ghaicuc has stepped in and played well, same with Alex.

11. Brian Simmons - Ahmad Brooks is better than Brian Simmons but he's injured

12. Chris Perry - was a beast when he played for michigan, he's had bad luck and if he can come back he will help A lot!

13. Chris Henry - Coming back next week, should stay out of trouble for awhile.

14. Justin Smith - Over rated by far, our D-Line is crap with and without him.

15. Tory James - Too old to play CB and be solid anymore

*** David Pollack - Really bad luck for the kid, we can all hope he's back but I really wouldn't dub him "The Future of our Defense". Because I think Odell Thurman was more of "The Future of our Defense"

What's the over/under number on this? 7 weeks? I'm hoping like hell he can keep it under control.

I don't think he's dumb enough to risk his whole entire career, he's been out of trouble for awhile and you know that getting back on the field will only help him out.

What's the over/under number on this? 7 weeks? I'm hoping like hell he can keep it under control.

I don't think he's dumb enough to risk his whole entire career, he's been out of trouble for awhile and you know that getting back on the field will only help him out.

I guess that's why he's still going out to downtown night clubs on a weekly basis and picking fights. We need a cage for this guy, it's the only way to stop the thugage <_<

I guess that's why he's still going out to downtown night clubs on a weekly basis and picking fights. We need a cage for this guy, it's the only way to stop the thugage <_<

where is your proof and fact about this? when did he get in a fight? I'm pretty sure we would have heard about this by now and he probably wouldn't have been re-instated.

I hope you are right...I stopped believing that about this guy a long time ago though.

I have no proof, but I have also heard that Henry hasn't cleaned up his ways as well. About two months ago, one of my good buddies in Cincy who is a huge Bengals fan as well told me that Henry and some others approached his cousin (pretty big high school football offensive lineman) at a Walmart in Northern Kentucky while he was looking at video games in the electronics department. Supposedly, and again, I have no proof - just passing on a story, his cousin said that Henry was really messed up on something and challenged him to go outside in the parking lot and fight. I was told that his cousin, who knew immediately it was Henry, just sort of ignored the comment and left the store. I dismissed the story initially, but maybe there was something behind this.

where is your proof and fact about this? when did he get in a fight? I'm pretty sure we would have heard about this by now and he probably wouldn't have been re-instated.

My proof is what my own eyes saw and I never said he was actually in a fight but he was about to be and then him and his "entourage" left before anything happened (which i guess is improvement :rolleyes:). All I'm saying is he shouldn't be hitting the night life at all for a while and especially not while he was suspended. It's ridiculous and shows that he has the self control of a high schooler. All he needed to do was buy a ps3 and a big flat screen tv and house arrest himself for a couple months. Sounds like it would be hard but i guarantee it's not going to be as hard as his life will be when he gets kicked out of the league and has no skills necessary to get another source of income. Oh well lets hope he's at least been using his brain for something, like maybe studying the playbook and opposing defenses.

And if your interested in a Henry autograph just check out The Exchange on Main Street ;)

My proof is what my own eyes saw and I never said he was actually in a fight but he was about to be and then him and his "entourage" left before anything happened (which i guess is improvement :rolleyes:). All I'm saying is he shouldn't be hitting the night life at all for a while and especially not while he was suspended. It's ridiculous and shows that he has the self control of a high schooler. All he needed to do was buy a ps3 and a big flat screen tv and house arrest himself for a couple months. Sounds like it would be hard but i guarantee it's not going to be as hard as his life will be when he gets kicked out of the league and has no skills necessary to get another source of income. Oh well lets hope he's at least been using his brain for something, like maybe studying the playbook and opposing defenses.

And if your interested in a Henry autograph just check out The Exchange on Main Street ;)

I'm not entirely sure he'll stay out of trouble but I can tell you I think he's got just a little bit of a glimpse of how it would be without the money and without football, so the kid should be okay.

You'd think so, but damn, it's hard out here for a pimp. 50-50 he makes it through '08.

You don't think he is dumb enough? Hey, the rocket scientist got arrested four times in seven months. Why, even professional criminals don't get arrested that often.

I have no proof, but I have also heard that Henry hasn't cleaned up his ways as well. About two months ago, one of my good buddies in Cincy who is a huge Bengals fan as well told me that Henry and some others approached his cousin (pretty big high school football offensive lineman) at a Walmart in Northern Kentucky while he was looking at video games in the electronics department. Supposedly, and again, I have no proof - just passing on a story, his cousin said that Henry was really messed up on something and challenged him to go outside in the parking lot and fight. I was told that his cousin, who knew immediately it was Henry, just sort of ignored the comment and left the store. I dismissed the story initially, but maybe there was something behind this.

I know this is a lie because Chris Henry wouldn't go to Wal-Mart...they don't sell weed there.

I know this is a lie because Chris Henry wouldn't go to Wal-Mart...they don't sell weed there.

He might have been looking for these two guys who are usually hanging around outside...doc44bbaac6861e9867732856.jpg:P

Maybe Chris should smoke more weed...heck, maybe Mikey ought to pick up a few baggies for the team...

A study of more than 5,000 youngsters in Switzerland has found those who smoked marijuana do as well or better in some areas as those who don't, researchers said Monday...

...In fact, those who used only marijuana were "more socially driven ... significantly more likely to practice sports and they have a better relationship with their peers" than abstainers, it said.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Health/Drugs/sto...2220&page=1

Maybe Chris should smoke more weed...heck, maybe Mikey ought to pick up a few baggies for the team...

A study of more than 5,000 youngsters in Switzerland has found those who smoked marijuana do as well or better in some areas as those who don't, researchers said Monday...

...In fact, those who used only marijuana were "more socially driven ... significantly more likely to practice sports and they have a better relationship with their peers" than abstainers, it said.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Health/Drugs/sto...2220&page=1

Watch out Hoosier...you're bound to wad up the panties of many do gooders with content like this! :rolleyes:

u might be right about weed made them play better and do things better, but sadly it made them more stupid as they too high to do smart things like understand playbook lol

so for player who already stupid enough to not understand playbook, go for it

Watch out Hoosier...you're bound to wad up the panties of many do gooders with content like this! :rolleyes:

But...but...but...I'm a do-gooder...oh no! Panties...wadding...drugs evil...cognitive dissonance...Nomad! Nomad! Tan-Ru! Tan-Ru!...must sterilize! Sterlize! :blowup2:

If it's the fat blunt connection they need, Afghanistan is the way to go !!! You can get TONS of weed for next to nothing over here !!! All they need to do is set up a middle man to get the weed from here to there. That shouldn't be to difficult, as much of the worlds heroin is grown here in the poppy fields and it finds it's way EVERYWHERE !!!

Oh, what is next to nothing ?? Try a huge freezer bag filled to the top for $40.00 !!! That kind of next to nothing !!!

On second thought, the LAST thing this defense needs is to be MORE mellow than they already are !!!

WHODEY !!!

If it's the fat blunt connection they need, Afghanistan is the way to go !!! You can get TONS of weed for next to nothing over here !!! All they need to do is set up a middle man to get the weed from here to there. That shouldn't be to difficult, as much of the worlds heroin is grown here in the poppy fields and it finds it's way EVERYWHERE !!!

Oh, what is next to nothing ?? Try a huge freezer bag filled to the top for $40.00 !!! That kind of next to nothing !!!

On second thought, the LAST thing this defense needs is to be MORE mellow than they already are !!!

WHODEY !!!

American Gangster part 2..I'm going to send you a PM. :sure: