Fire Marvin

chrishcovga

Ok, it's official, let's get the Fire Marvin Lewis, OC, and DC !

1. No team control

2. Improper coaching decisions.

3. Lack of team discipline

4. Lack of player development.

And a whole bunch of sh*t you ain't ever heard of !! :cheers:

Who's all for Cleaning house now and preparing for the 2008 NFL DRAFT ???

:sure::sure::sure:

Trade Chad

TJ,

Justin Smith

Rudi

Willie Anderson

- Time to cut salary and move on into the next decade with something better !! :lmao:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, it's official, let's get the Fire Marvin Lewis, OC, and DC !

1. No team control

2. Improper coaching decisions.

3. Lack of team discipline

4. Lack of player development.

And a whole bunch of sh*t you ain't ever heard of !! :cheers:

Who's all for Cleaning house now and preparing for the 2008 NFL DRAFT ???

:sure::sure::sure:

Trade Chad

TJ,

Justin Smith

Rudi

Willie Anderson

- Time to cut salary and move on into the next decade with something better !! :lmao:

I'm with you on everything but the trades.

Your a f**cking idiot and should quit rooting for any NFL team. We had a good game plan on offense and we drove on every possession. We just didn't execute in the red zone, too many field goals. I'll agree that our defensensive coordinater needs to be fired in the middle of the season to send a message but we shouldn't fire Marvin. We played disciplined football today and came up short. We didn't have the dumbass penalties like usual.

Your a f**cking idiot and should quit rooting for any NFL team. We had a good game plan on offense and we drove on every possession. We just didn't execute in the red zone, too many field goals. I'll agree that our defensensive coordinater needs to be fired in the middle of the season to send a message but we shouldn't fire Marvin. We played disciplined football today and came up short. We didn't have the dumbass penalties like usual.

Sounds to me like drinking the " In Marvin We Trust " Kool-Aid is working out as well as the Jim Jones Kool-Aid did !!

Smart people get off the cart when it's on fire and hurling down a hill heading towards a cliff !!

But hey Maybe you were one of those David Shula Loyalist's ?? I mean after all, didn't Mike Brown say " He did everything we asked of him to do " ... And Shula Went 19-52 !!

NO more C-Minus D+ football. After 29 years of it, I'm Done.

C'mon NFL DRAFT !! At least there's hope in April !! :cheers:

Kenjett its not about 1 game its about the season its about last season Marvin has lost this team im sorry but he also lost me in believing in him. They came in here with a game plan, but no one ever made adjustments and someone really forgot to tell them there are two halves in football. This team continues to shoot themselves in the foot, and its the same thing each sunday its really getting kind of pathetic. So for me its not just about this game its where this team has been for the last year, and Marvin can never seem to figure it out, but hey this team really came together in the second half for the 3rd straight game lol lol.

Your a f**cking idiot and should quit rooting for any NFL team.

Sorry. I care enough to get pissed off. Marvin must go. He has plainly FAILED.

I've been hinting at it since this off-season.

I've been saying it since Week 2 in Cleveland.

Sounds like people are finally jumping on with me.

I've been hinting at it since this off-season.

I've been saying it since Week 2 in Cleveland.

Sounds like people are finally jumping on with me.

The facts are there Scooter. No denying it.

Because even belicheat could win a superbowl with this current team.

Super Bowl? No. Be competitive? Yes.

Marvin has lost this team, and needs to go. When he changed his mind on that 4th and 1 play, and went for the FG instead, that proved it to me once and for all that Marvin plays not to lose, instead of playing to win. Then his comments after the game that he probably should have gone for it, but he didn't think that Pittsburgh would go down the field and score a TD before halftime, are absolutley absurd. Pittsburgh had been going through our defense like a hot knife through butter. So what game was Marvin watching to think that Pittsburgh could not score a TD that quickly?

If you bring over his coaching Staff,Scouting department,GM a and entire staff(doctors etc)period then sure.

How about Cincinnati just brings in someone who can put 11 defensive players on the field consistently?

Or bring in someone that will take control of this team instead of the team taking control of the coaching staff. Or a coach that believes in his team on a 4th and 1 for a touchdown. I just want to be able to watch my team on sunday go out and play competitive football, consistant football, and not make stupid mistakes that will kill u. Oh yea and be able to stop somebody on 3rd and long all day wide recievers were open that is such a sick feeling.

Okay, let me start real quick by giving you guys my bona fides.

I’m in my 40’s now and I’ve been following the Bengals since the mid-‘70s. I’m no fair weather fan. I live out here on the left coast where you stand out if you wear tiger stripes to work or out shopping. I’m the only Bengal fan I know of where I work and play yet despite the laughter and finger pointing I’ve continued to support this team for more than 3 decades now.

The problem is not just Marvin or the draft or the failure to use FA or the salary cap correctly. A new coach may have temporary success for a few games but ultimately the problems with this franchise lay with the ownership, not just a few players or coaches.

As long as whoever our head coach is has to put up with one of the smallest scouting departments in the NFL. As long he’s hamstrung by an ownership that refuses to pay top dollar for quality free agents or quality assistant and position coaches. As long has his players are subject to inadequate medical and conditioning practices, as long as he’s forced to work without a GM to direct and guide the franchise year in and year out in dealing with the salary cap and personnel decisions vis a vie free agency and the draft, it really doesn’t matter who we trade or who we tap as head coach.

Anybody who works for the Brown family is ultimately doomed to failure because of the way they run their team. And make no mistake about it; it is Mike Brown’s team….period.

Players will come and go; head coaches will come and go. The way the NFL is structured every team has a decent season now and then (See 2005) but for long standing sustained success the franchise itself would have to be completely revamped. Deep down in almost every Bengals fans heart we know it’s true.

So complain about Marvin Lewis all you want. Call for his head on a platter if it makes you feel better or helps get out the frustration of another lost season in a life time of lost seasons. Bark at the play calling or the coordinators all day and night. Lament the free agents we never signed, the trades we never made the poor draft decisions almost each and every April, but unless and until the franchise itself changes and I mean right down the man who owns it, nothing really is ever going to change.

And most of you know it.

I’m in my 40’s now and I’ve been following the Bengals since the mid-‘70s. I’m no fair weather fan. I live out here on the left coast where you stand out if you wear tiger stripes to work or out shopping. I’m the only Bengal fan I know of where I work and play yet despite the laughter and finger pointing I’ve continued to support this team for more than 3 decades now.

The problem is not just Marvin or the draft or the failure to use FA or the salary cap correctly. A new coach may have temporary success for a few games but ultimately the problems with this franchise lay with the ownership not just a few players or coaches.

As long as whoever our head coach is has to put up with one of the smallest scouting departments in the NFL. As long he’s hamstrung by an ownership that refuses to pay top dollar for quality free agents or quality assistant and position coaches. As long has his players are subject to inadequate medical and conditioning practices, as long as he’s forced to work without a GM to direct and guide the franchise year in and year out in dealing with the salary cap and personnel decisions vis a vie free agency and the draft, it really doesn’t matter who we trade or who we tap as head coach.

Anybody who works for the Brown family is ultimately doomed to failure because of the way they run their team. And make no mistake about it; it is Mike Brown’s team….period.

Players will come and go; head coaches will come and go. The way the NFL is structured every team has a decent season now and then (See 2005) but for long standing sustained success the franchise itself would have to be completely revamped. Deep down in almost every Bengals fans heart we know it’s true.

So complain about Marvin Lewis all you want. Call for his head on a platter it makes you feel better or helps get out the frustration of another lost season in a life time of lost seasons. Bark at the play calling or the coordinators all day and night. Lament the free agents we never signed, the trades we never made the poor draft decisions almost each and every April, but unless and until the franchise itself changes and I mean right down the man who owns it, nothing really is ever going to change.

And most of you know it.

Yeah. We know it, but it's the ONE thing that WON'T change. :(

So complain about Marvin Lewis all you want. Call for his head on a platter it makes you feel better or helps get out the frustration of another lost season in a life time of lost seasons. Bark at the play calling or the coordinators all day and night. Lament the free agents we never signed, the trades we never made the poor draft decisions almost each and every April, but unless and until the franchise itself changes and I mean right down the man who owns it, nothing really is ever going to change.

And most of you know it.

Yeah. We know it, but it's the ONE thing that WON'T change. :(

No, as cold and heartless as it may sound SoP will eventually relinquish control when he becomes too old or disabled or ultimately, passes away. I know that sounds harsh and I’m not sitting at my computer wishing for the angel of death to strike him (okay, maybe a tinsey bit) but everything comes to an end at some point.

It may still be years off but it will come…..some day.

Until then we can only watch and wait……

The problem is not just Marvin or the draft or the failure to use FA or the salary cap correctly. A new coach may have temporary success for a few games but ultimately the problems with this franchise lay with the ownership, not just a few players or coaches.

So complain about Marvin Lewis all you want. Call for his head on a platter if it makes you feel better or helps get out the frustration of another lost season in a life time of lost seasons. Bark at the play calling or the coordinators all day and night. Lament the free agents we never signed, the trades we never made the poor draft decisions almost each and every April, but unless and until the franchise itself changes and I mean right down the man who owns it, nothing really is ever going to change.

And most of you know it.

Unfortunately you are 100% correct. I am convinced that until Mike Brown turns over control to Katie Blackburn, nothing will change. Even then, our only hope is that she doesn't aspire to be a "football guy." Mike has spent 30 years trying to show everyone he knows best and is part of "the club." In any other line of work the family business would have been bankrupt years ago. He is an utter incompetent.

Perhaps Katie will focus on the business aspects of the game and hire a GM to run football operations. I just cannot believe that until that time we are going to waste the talents of Palmer, Chad, TJ, Levi, et al. It is ashame. Take the scouting department for example...they argue that the Bengals have drafted well of late and have the same information as others heading into the draft...BULL$hit! If that were the case then Pittsburgh, NE, Baltimore, Dallas, etc. would also run a skeleton crew. The fact is that the team has a $250 million dollar budget, but skimps on the finishing touches. Its like buying a freakin' Brooks Brothers suit and wearing your brothers bowling shoes.

Prior to the season my company was trying to purchase season tickets and PSL, but found the rates to be much too high. I'm glad we waited...it is going to be a buyer's market.

It is funny how fickle fans can be. Let me tell you right now firing coaches doesn't make your team better. TALENT does.

You lost a ton of draft picks that shuld be on the field right now.

Thurman

Pollack

Steinbach

Henry...

I am not a bengals fan so I don't know all of them.

All the Browns fan wanted to fire Romeo last year, but what was that really going to do...make us better? NO it wouldn't have.

IT all starts with drafting and scouting. Who are leading the Browns...the friggin BROWNS....yeah the horrible....dead last in the power ranking (to sart the season) BROWNS to victories?

Guys, that were drafted and scouted well. When you lose guys like you have lost your team will struggle.

Bottom Line...it is about Talent and your defense is missing it's two standouts in Pollack and Thurman, and your offense is missing Steinbach, Henry and a healthy Rudi Johnson.

Firing coaches didn't help the Browns.

Bill Bellicheck

Chris Palmer

Butch Davis

and if it weren't for drafting talented players, we woud be firing Romeo this year too.

Its not just about talent it also about game planning and ur telling me that Marvin puts toghter great gameplans, or is able to change his gameplans during the game i dont think so. Marvin couldnt win with the most talented players out there they would walk all over him like this team is doing now. All that talent u say but 1 are either drunks or drugies so that shows what great disapline Marvin has over his team.

Its not just about talent it also about game planning and ur telling me that Marvin puts toghter great gameplans, or is able to change his gameplans during the game i dont think so. Marvin couldnt win with the most talented players out there they would walk all over him like this team is doing now. All that talent u say but 1 are either drunks or drugies so that shows what great disapline Marvin has over his team.

Yeah, that is a valid point. Scouting, and scouting quality young MEN, and not overgrown thug children is extremely important, but you can't put that all on Marvin. It was an organizational strategy to draft for talent alone.

I used to think Phil Savage was crazy for saying things like, " We choose dependability over pure ability". I now get it.