Fire Marvin

chrishcovga

On the Rudi Johnson goal line play, why did the Bengals call a time out instead of challenging the play? Worst case they lose the challenge and charged a time out...DUH! They were spending a time out anyway...best case they win the challenge and SAVE a time out. Lewis is such a horrible in game manager

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outside of LB, however, my point holds up pretty well, as evidenced by your need to reach all the way back to Tony Williams -- who was hardly a world-beater -- to find some other injury to cite.

I mentioned Williams only because you failed to do so. And far from claiming he was a world beater I pointed out how well he was replaced by Peko. However, the loss to devastating injury of any starting DT can't be minimized as easily as you're attempting to do.

And it's equally ridiculous to claim that your point holds up pretty well if the situation at LB is ignored. It's simply impossible to do so under the current circumstances.

It's on Lewis. He's failed miserably as a coach this year. Simply an atrocious job he has turned in. Embarassing, in every respect.

Of course it is. Any one but an "OldFooler" would realize that! :rolleyes:

Hey Billy. I sent you a PM.

That`s before I realized you have a quote in your Sig calling me "Old fooler"

there too.

You`re a *** damn mod on this f**king board you asshat.

I`m a Bengals fan too you know ?

I`ve seen you treat trolls of other teams with more respect.

Just because I don`t think everything sucks and everyone should

be fired, doesn`t make me less of a fan, or a fool.

Why don`t you learn how to attack an arguement, or respectfully

disagree ?

You`ve really became pathetic. You`re better than that s**t.

At least I f**king hope you are !

I mentioned Williams only because you failed to do so. And far from claiming he was a world beater I pointed out how well he was replaced by Peko. However, the loss to devastating injury of any starting DT can't be minimized as easily as you're attempting to do.

I'm not minimizing anything, all I said was that the injury impact has been overstated. Oldschooler has spent five pages arguing that our problems are traceable solely to injury and suspension. That's flatly ridiculous. Yes, the team has been hurt by injuries at LB. But that doesn't explain why Dexter, Caleb, Landon, Madieu, Justin, Thornton, even Geathers have all pretty much sucked this year. This defense isn't going to be fixed by keeping our current lineup and just waiting for Odell or Pollack or Brooks to come back. We have too many wasted draft picks and non-impact tier-three FAs masquerading as starters.

I'm not minimizing anything, all I said was that the injury impact has been overstated. Oldschooler has spent five pages arguing that our problems are traceable solely to injury and suspension. That's flatly ridiculous.

He's only pointing to many of the same things you pointed to before the season began. Frankly, you were right to worry that the mounting number of injuries had the potential to derail the Bengals plans, and he's not wrong when he points out how the impact of those injuries is still being felt, and how new injuries have only compounded the problems. Missing players were replaced on paper...only to have their replacements dinged almost immediately.

Yes, the team has been hurt by injuries at LB. But that doesn't explain why Dexter, Caleb, Landon, Madieu, Justin, Thornton, even Geathers have all pretty much sucked this year.

The so-called injury excuse isn't disproven simply because people are tired of hearing it. But more to the point, linebackers are the heart and soul of any defense and the performance level of that unit has a huge impact on the units that play around them. And there's simply no way any defense, especially a mediocre one, is going to have any success when it's LB corp has been devestated in the manner this one has.

The so-called injury excuse isn't disproven simply because people are tired of hearing it.

I never said it was. I said it wasn't the blanket excuse so many fervently insist it is.

But more to the point, linebackers are the heart and soul of any defense and the performance level of that unit has a huge impact on the units that play around them. And there's simply no way any defense, especially a mediocre one, is going to have any success when it's LB corp has been devestated in the manner this one has.

The only LB we are missing right now is Brooks. Both Landon and Jeanty were projected as starters at the beginning of the season. Yet yesterday Lynch gashed us for 150 yards and some bum named JP Losman carpet-bombed us. Sorry, but there's more going on than the absence of Brooks.

The only LB we are missing right now is Brooks. Both Landon and Jeanty were projected as starters at the beginning of the season. Yet yesterday Lynch gashed us for 150 yards and some bum named JP Losman carpet-bombed us. Sorry, but there's more going on than the absence of Brooks.

And if Brooks were decalred healthy today how long do you think it would take him to get up to speed? As for Jeanty, his first week back was limited to special teams duty, his role explanded to spot duty the 2nd week back, and against the Bills he finally got extended playing time, and suffered badly as a result. In fact, it may take several more weeks before his timing and conditioning return.

It is what it is, and until I stop seeing waiver wire warriors like Dhani Jones and The Boar Hunter lining up on almost every down you're not going to convince me the Bengals are suddenly healthy at LB.