Chad Johnson: 'I'd Spice Up the Big Apple'

BengalszoneBilly

I came across this while at jetnation.com.

Chad Johnson: 'I'd Spice Up the Big Apple'

Chad Pennington still is the starting quarterback. Just thought we needed to get that out of the way up front.

We just completed a conference call with "Ocho Cinco" -- aka Chad Johnson, the Bengals' wide receiver. You know the upcoming game doesn't have much juice when Johnson, one of the biggest mouths in the NFL, decides to back off on the trash talking. He says he won't go back to being Chad (bulletin-board quotes, crazy touchdown celebrations, etc.) until the Bengals (1-4) are back to .500.

That'll be 2008.

Asked in jest if he'd like to play for the Jets, Johnson said, "That would be cool. I'd spice up the Big Apple."

The quote-starved beat writers that cover the Jets would love to have him. Get it done, Mr. T!

This should be a tough challenge for rookie CB Darrelle Revis. Asked about Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh, second in the league with 47 catches, Revis pulled a Yogi-ism.

"They're one of the best in the league," he said.

From the mutual-admiration department, Eric Mangini spoke glowingly of his relationship with Bengals coach Marvin Lewis. Mangini was a lowly offensive assistant in Baltimore when Lewis was the defensive coordinator. They worked across the hall from each other.

We asked Lewis if he has any good Mangini stories, and he said, "Ask him about the watch." Okay, we will.

Thats kind of strange dont really know what to think about that comment, couldnt he say something like "NO i need to help the bengals find a way to win again and become more of a leader on this team". I mean i guess he was just sayin that to say that but i think something nice about the team hes on now would have been better.

Thats kind of strange dont really know what to think about that comment, couldnt he say something like "NO i need to help the bengals find a way to win again and become more of a leader on this team". I mean i guess he was just sayin that to say that but i think something nice about the team hes on now would have been better.

It's called a hypothetical question, unbunch your panties.

Asked if he was being traded,Chad responds to who?Reporter:how about the jets......

Ya Chad's a cancer alright "rolls his eyes"

(when I get upset). I've got passion and will to win. I don't want (the losing) to creep back in here like it was 12, 13 years ago or however long ago it was. You have to understand how I am about the game."

I still <3 you 85

OCHO CINCO LOOKING TO SAY VAYA CON DIOS TO BENGALS?

Adam Schefter of NFL Network says that there are people in the Bengals organization who believe that receiver Chad Johnson is angling to get out of Cincinnati after the season.

Johnson denies it, but the rumors likely won't subside anytime soon.

But even if Johnson wants to leave, and if the team is inclined to move him, the question becomes whether the cap hit can be managed. Johnson was rewarded for his halftime meltdown in the 2005 wild-card playoffs with a contract that runs through at least 2010, with $8.5 million in new bonus money, which would be partially subject to acceleration if he is traded or released. There also likely would be a cap consequence from his prior contract, which was extended by the team with four years left on it.

Latest trash from Profootballtalk.com

I hate it, but read it everyday...

Can't say that around here or your player hatin'.

Maybe we should call Chad "cinammon" since he thinks he can spice up the Big Apple. BTW, they would feast on him there.