Let's just rest the entire team until the last game

walzav29

Heaven forbid some personel decisions get made. We'll just wait for Pollack, Perry, and Henry to save the day in week 17. I can't wait to be 1-12, and then watch the powerhouse Bengals win their last 3 to drop in the draft. I'm not saying I want the team to tank for the draft. That's dumb. I just hate it win they play good when the season is over. This is like the Jeff Blake years all over again. At the very least we do have a franchise quarterback. It's just sad that we're back to the meaningless bad old days.

I honestly don't think they will be 1-12. I think they can beat the Jets, Rams, Bills, and one of the Steeler games. I don't want the Bengals to get a top 5 draft pick. They need to get a player in the 5-15 range.

Interesting, have the top 5 picks in football gotten so inflated from a contract perspective that they're just not worth it anymore? I know I sure as hell wouldn't want to roll the dice on my team's future with JaMarcus Russell's contract.

In general, though, if they can't beat the Rams they should hang it up and accept their 1-15 destiny.

Dude, get a freaking grip, it's not over... We win the next 3 and we're back to .500. Once we're there, we still have another 8 games (half a season!) The Steelers are the only team I see giving us a hard time. We will win either 8 or 9 games out of the next 11.

WE won't win the SB, nor will any other NFC North team. The Patriots are #1 this year. I called it at the beginning of the season:

NE vs. Dallas

SB champs - NE

We must focus on making the playoffs and winning some games if we want to eventually make the SB... Gotta walk before you can run!

Dude, get a freaking grip, it's not over... We win the next 3 and we're back to .500. Once we're there, we still have another 8 games (half a season!) The Steelers are the only team I see giving us a hard time. We will win either 8 or 9 games out of the next 11.

Watch the tape from yesterday. If you still feel this way, give your buddy your keys.

Teams like the Titans, and Steelers are well disciplined and consistent. That's kryptonite to the Bengals. The Bills always beat the Bengals for some unGodly reason. You think the Dolphins and Rams aren't looking for the Bengal game as an easy win? We're back to sucking. Bring in Cowher.

Watch the tape from yesterday. If you still feel this way, give your buddy your keys.

I'll say it just like TJ said, we're better than the teams that are beating us (except NE)! WE're better than Cleveland and KC.

I'll say it just like TJ said, we're better than the teams that are beating us (except NE)! WE're better than Cleveland and KC.

That's the problem. If we keep losing to these teams that we are supposedly better than - Cleveland...Seattle...KC - then we aren't really better than those teams!

Thinking positive is healthy but this is starting to sound eerily similar to what we heard in the 90's.

I can hear it now..."just think! all we need to do is win the next 7 games in a row and we'll be 8-8!"

Not trying to be a downer but let's be realistic...not only did we look bad on Sunday from a talent perspective - we looked bored, injured, undisciplined, and chaotic. It looks like there are bout 2 or 3 people out there that actually care about winning.

The Bengals will be the best 1-15 team in NFL history. They should get "Shoulda Been" Super Bowl Championship Rings after the season. I can't handle hearing that again. Guess what else. It's time to give up on the project called Stacey Andrews. Signing Jones and Anderson was stupid. Who is responsible for these decisions? Mike or Marvin? That is who is responsible for the state we're in.

The Bengals will be the best 1-15 team in NFL history. They should get "Shoulda Been" Super Bowl Championship Rings after the season. I can't handle hearing that again. Guess what else. It's time to give up on the project called Stacey Andrews. Signing Jones and Anderson was stupid. Who is responsible for these decisions? Mike or Marvin? That is who is responsible for the state we're in.

The Bengals will make the Monday sports pages but nothing more. With 11 games left, maybe they win 5? Still a 6-10 record. But this team right now won't win us 5 games, just a couple. If Jeanty, Brooks, 2006 Willie, 2006 Levi, game shape CPerry take the field next week, then things change real fast, but they won't, so the Jets will be a tough game. As for signing Willie and Levi, what would you do, let them walk? New England prospers by salting their team with savvy vets. Willie has been the definition of a IronMan over his career, crazy not to sign him. 2005-06 Levi was a fine LT, how many are there in this league? Obviously going forward Levi sits down or goes on IR, I don't know. Just one more bad injury to this snake bit team. I do believe starting with the 2005 team, Marvin had a team to contend for years to come. Injuries to his top draft picks since then have destroyed his team. Now he has to start over. The guy is a good judge of talent, he has drafted good players, but they've been unlucky. Marvin's run of bad luck will change as will the teams.

I'm not a big fan of "Bloggin' With Brad," the Brad Johanson blog over on bengals.com, but I thought his note today was interesting, and it seems appropriate to the discussion in this thread:

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall...

Not a good trip. Most guys talked about "backs against the wall" all week and most played like they had plenty of time to keep leaning on the wall.

No need to be talking about playoffs until they decide to reel off eight wins in a row. Can you imagine that? No, me neither. One win would be nice right now since they've only had one in their last eight tries. Bottom line: this is not a very good football team. I didn't want to believe it but they've made me. Because too many on this team believe it. You can see it during the week, you can see it on the field, you can see it on the sidelines with players screaming at coaches, you can see it after the game.

No one expects guys to go into deep depression after a loss but it would be nice to get the impression a few more feel the pain of losing. It would be nice for a few more to step up and accept some of the blame. It seems losing is a habit that too many have gotten used to. Oh well.

Marvin said a few weeks ago that guys need to begin looking in the mirror--from the best player to the worst--about how they can become part of the solution. How many are looking? Does anyone care what they see? Is the "same old, same old" getting old to anyone? I wonder if winning is getting old in New England.

Posted: 10/15/07, 11:41 a.m.

Yup.

Dude, get a freaking grip, it's not over...

Wait, you mean the sky didn't fall down in Hamilton yet? You mean your head didn't explode when the Bengals dropped a couple road games, both in notoriously difficult stadiums in which to play? Your damn right this season isn't over. Just because the Bengals have looked marginal doesn't mean they'll play that way the rest of the season.

"Bottom line: this is not a very good football team. I didn't want to believe it but they've made me. Because too many on this team believe it. You can see it during the week, you can see it on the field, you can see it on the sidelines with players screaming at coaches, you can see it after the game."---Brad Johanson

I've said it before but it needs repeating. The core problem facing this franchise is the culture of losing wasn't really changed by Marvin Lewis, as it once appeared. Frankly, I don't blame him for this failure because I think he did everything he could to turn things around, but where it counts the most, amongst players and a huge percentage of this teams fanbase, nothing really changed. Too many were simply waiting for absolutely everything to go wrong.

Whatever star players the Bengals have, most of them offensive skill players, simply can't be bothered with concerns like providing leadership. Instead, impressive stats and ever growing paychecks seem to be enough....as it's always been around here. Talk of winning championships and teamwork are given a respectable amount of lip service, but when push comes to shove the battle cry quickly morphs into "I got mine." Meanwhile, the familiar refrain that this team is better than all of the teams who soundly beat them is repeated over and over again....usually by someone demanding a bigger paycheck.

Watching it all we Bengal fans remain a conflicted, tortured, and fairly miserable bunch of whining second guessers endlessly fantasizing about what would happen if everything were different than it really is, and how our misery and negativity is ample proof we deserve a better fate. In reality there's almost no situation a Bengal fan won't make worse, either by heaping years worth of built up frustration into every new situtation OR by our habit to always cheer for the seeming endless parade of stat padding divas who attempt to portray themselves as being above it all.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Whatever star players the Bengals have, most of them offensive skill players, simply can't be bothered with concerns like providing leadership. Instead, impressive stats and ever growing paychecks seem to be enough....as it's always been around here. Talk of winning championships and teamwork are given a respectable amount of lip service, but when push comes to shove the battle cry quickly morphs into "I got mine." Meanwhile, the familiar refrain that this team is better than all of the teams who soundly beat them is repeated over and over again....usually by someone demanding a bigger paycheck.

Gotta name names. I truly don't believe Carson and TJ act that way.

WE won't win the SB, nor will any other NFC North team. The Patriots are #1 this year. I called it at the beginning of the season:

NE vs. Dallas

SB champs - NE

We must focus on making the playoffs and winning some games if we want to eventually make the SB... Gotta walk before you can run!

I'll bet you called the bengals winning the NFC north too. Maybe you should wait till the end of the season to claim you're right about the patsies. Last I checked its still only week 6.