Lewis be gone!

bengalsfan17

If Marvin was to go, which I don't want till at the very least one more year, but if he was to go my vote for the new head coach, MIKE SINGLETARY! Firery, disciplinarian! He wouldn't tolerate half the shi* that Marvin seems to let slide around here!

what excatly are you talking about, what is Marvin letting slide that is causing the Bengals to fail?

Well I can dream. Both Parcells and Schott want to GM somewhere. And it's the attitude that "no one will want to come here" that's the problem with this franchise - people WILL come here, under the right circumstances -

That's the problem with your rants. They're based upon dreams and fantasy, and worse....your possible solutions are either delusional (Free agency, head coaches, etc.) or completely pointless (Practice bubble).

lets recap. Open up the coffers and spend like a drunken sailor in free agency. Hire whatever Hall of Fame coach is currently sitting out the season waiting for a perfect job to open up. Build a practice bubble that will sit empty, but will serve as a much needed example for players and taxpayers of how willing an owner is to waste money.

Hooray.

Nah - can't have that guy working for our Bengals - it's football not baseball, rivalries mean something in this sport.

Parcells and Shottenheimer both want to be GM's - I would say "you want a challenge? Come turnaround the Bengals' franchise, you've got a good base to work with."

Give 'em a budget and let them bring in whomever they want.

You know that wouldn't happen, MB would consider himself a failure if he brought in someone else to run the family business, besides that do you think those guys would want to come here? Both guys are enjoying retirement and I don't see either one giving their comfy lifestyles to come to Cincy and have to deal with MB.

I think you framed MB to a tee - that is MB's achile's heel. He's an owner that isn't good at winning but also an owner that will never give up the reigns b/c of Dad.

That would be AWESOME if he could bring himself to hand it over to a Parcels or Schott - but it will never happen.

Parcells is the most overrated coach in the history of anything.....

What has he done in the past 15 years???

What crazy talk.....

I am not for firing Marvin (nor is Mike Brown in the next 5 years), but possible replacements would look something like this maybe:

Ken Zampese

Jim Mora, Jr.

Russ Grimm

Ron Rivera

Dave Wannstedt (just kidding!!!!)

Oh here's an idea...FIRE THE MEDICAL STAFF......

Lastly for everyone calling for Marvins' head on a silver platter, I honestly don't think that firing him would solve the problem. The problem lies with ownership and firing a coach isn't anything more than a diversion. Until ownership changes the problems the same problems will exist, as a fan of the Bengals you have to be clear about that fact. LeBeau is a hell of a coach, just like Coslet was, just Marvin is, the only constant in the past 17 years has been Mike Brown, not a coincedence.

The above is blunt, accurate, and painfully true. Succesfull franchises in this NFL era don't churn coaches. They churn players. Marvin is not the problem. We will very likely see some new assistant coaches here next year, as we should. Hopefully new DC.

Nah - can't have that guy working for our Bengals - it's football not baseball, rivalries mean something in this sport.

Parcells and Shottenheimer both want to be GM's - I would say "you want a challenge? Come turnaround the Bengals' franchise, you've got a good base to work with."

Give 'em a budget and let them bring in whomever they want.

Rivarly pride won't win football games or championships. He's the disciplinarian with a proven record of winning. And he's young enough to stick around awhile. What do you get with Vermeil or Schottenheimer? A couple years tops?

You know that wouldn't happen, MB would consider himself a failure if he brought in someone else to run the family business

You can't seriously be suggesting he considers himself a success now do you? His record as owner/GM at this moment is 83-162!! Nothing screams loser more loudly than that stat. The only other owner in the NFL that rival Mike Brown in sheer ineptitude is Bill Bidwell.

Lastly for everyone calling for Marvins' head on a silver platter, I honestly don't think that firing him would solve the problem. The problem lies with ownership and firing a coach isn't anything more than a diversion. Until ownership changes the problems the same problems will exist, as a fan of the Bengals you have to be clear about that fact. LeBeau is a hell of a coach, just like Coslet was, just Marvin is, the only constant in the past 17 years has been Mike Brown, not a coincedence.

The above is blunt, accurate, and painfully true. Succesfull franchises in this NFL era don't churn coaches. They churn players. Marvin is not the problem. We will very likely see some new assistant coaches here next year, as we should. Hopefully new DC.

Pretty much agree with this ... firing the coach is an owner's way of making the fans think something is happening. Not that it's never justified, but there are definitely other forces at work IMHO here. I think Marvin hasn't stopped being able to talk to, and motivate, players. We could certainly get some skills upgrade at position coaching spots and I have been won over by the tide of opinion on a new d coordinator. Chuck pretty much sucks. But Paul Brown himself isn't going to get practice squad safeties to play effective LB.