The Chad Johnson Thread

bnglsboi8532

you all some straight up chad haters this is ridiculous...chad is one of the best in the nfl but hey like he said being Flamboyant comes with its negatives

gotta agree - chad is an easy scapegoat right now because he may be a little self centered and he's definitely flamboyant. Guess what? Lots of elite WR's fit this profile.

Chad is not the reason the Bengals are in total chaos right now - one more time - chad is not the reason the Bengals are in total chaos right now.

If we want to fix this team trading chad should be the LAST solution on the list. Rediculous.

Keep telling yourself that. And don't forget Marv is a great coach. I love reading your excuses for whats wrong when its obvious to everyone but cincy fans.

Chad=Cancer

Marv=Sissy boy with no control over said cancer, or the team as a whole.

So if we got rid of Chad then we would be a superbowl contender, huh? That's the silver bullet? Come on...

No one ever said ML was an elite coach and no one ever said Chad wasn't a pain in the a**.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I hear Carson Palmer himself say that Chad needs to go, then I'll agree. This is Carson's offense, I trust that he would lobby for a new reciever if he felt we needed one. Until then, all this stupid Ocho Stinko talk needs to stop!

That's kinda silly. Carson Palmer isn't the type of player who'll call out a teammate in public. He didn't do it in college when USC was struggling each year...until his last, and he's not going to do it now. Instead, he'll take the blame for mistakes he didn't make as well as the ones he did.

That said, if you can get your hands on a game replay check out Palmer's reaction after throwing the late game pick. He yells Chad's name so loudly you could probably hear him from the parking lot.

As for all of the Chad hating, please just stop the nonsense. We lost as a team, Chad played a good game and nothing to do with us losing. If you want to blame Chad then first blame Carson cause he played bad at times too. There's plenty of blame to go around in a loss like this.

I have absolutely no problem spreading the blame around, and have attempted to do so. That said, I find it remarkable how Chad supporters simply shrug off the idea that something needs to be done in regards to his antics.....simply because there are other problems on the team.

You deal with the other things wrong with this team as best you can and as soon as you can. And likewise, you deal with Chad because you have to deal with Chad.

As for all of the Chad hating, please just stop the nonsense. We lost as a team, Chad played a good game and nothing to do with us losing. If you want to blame Chad then first blame Carson cause he played bad at times too. There's plenty of blame to go around in a loss like this.

I have absolutely no problem spreading the blame around, and have attempted to do so. That said, I find it remarkable how Chad supporters simply shrug off the idea that something needs to be done in regards to his antics.....simply because there are other problems on the team.

You deal with the other things wrong with this team as best you can and as soon as you can. And likewise, you deal with Chad because you have to deal with Chad.

Agree - you need to deal with Chad - but the idea that the first option is simply to trade him is silly and self-destructive.

First of all, he is no TO in terms of his disruptiveness

Second of all, there are many other "people management" options that make a lot more sense

Wen you say his "antics" what excatly are u refering to? I watched the game on sunday and I didn't see any antics. I too believe that Chad shouldn't draw as much attention to himself as he does, but you can't blame every loss on him.

Like I said when we win his "antics" are fun and brings alot of much needed publicly to the Bengals, when we loss it's because the bad man Chad Johnson is too emotional and is a cancer, distraction, the leader of the axis of evil...etc.. It can be both ways.

Unfortunately great wr's are some emotional attention whores, call it the gift and the curse. Chad has alot of maturing to do off the field, as do all of us, but I don't think he's the main reason why this team is 1-4. No one in the organization has had a good year, from MB on down the org chart.

Going into 2 games with only 4 lbs in unacceptable and only in Cincy would that even be a option, MB is the cause of that problem with his refusal to sign healthly bodies. It seems like MB wants to win but only if it's cost effective, I understand this is a family run, small market team but c'mon 4 lb's is just a joke, especially coming off a bye week.

Marvin needs to turn up the heat on his star players, Bellicheck(cheating aside) is probably the best coach when it comes to getting everyone to buy in and treating guys the same. They say Bellicheck goes extra hard on his best players, the superstars,so the pions know they too can get it. Marvin needs to chew out Carson and Chad like he does Levi and Jeremi Johnson.

The coordinators have both been disappointing, Brat continues to ignore the running game for the sexy long ball and Bres, well 51 pts to Cleveland is just horrible, sorry but it's true.

The players are the one playing the game so in the end they have to execute and they just haven't gotten the job done. Stupid penalties and horrible execution are two things we have seen way too often this year, the players have to do better.

So you see there is plenty of blame to around, that's why blaming Chad for this disappointing season is just "not fair".

But he does put himself in that position by being the attention whore that he is.

Agree - you need to deal with Chad - but the idea that the first option is simply to trade him is silly and self-destructive.

I can speak only for myself but the idea of trading Chad Johnson has never been a first option. More like a last resort that I'm willing to consider when few others will. But even then the entire premise is built on trading him after this season and only if he doesn't change his ways....something that doesn't seem to be happening.

In fact, instead of seeing evidence that Chad has gotten the message we're now talking about sideline blowups in back-to-back games.

And there's the rub.

Nothing stays the same. Everyones current feelings about all things Bengal, including the intertwined fates of Chad and Marvin, will morph and change over the following weeks. Those of us who currently support Marvin Lewis have to accept the idea that what's happening now can indeed get worse and take him down. And those of you currently supporting all things Chad have to come to grips with the idea that unless he changes FAST you probably haven't seen him at his worst yet.

I can speak only for myself but the idea of trading Chad Johnson has never been a first option. More like a last resort that I'm willing to consider when few others will. But even then the entire premise is built on trading him after this season and only if he doesn't change his ways....something that doesn't seem to be happening.

In fact, instead of seeing evidence that Chad has gotten the message we're now talking about sideline blowups in back-to-back games.

And there's the rub.

Nothing stays the same. Everyones current feelings about all things Bengal, including the intertwined fates of Chad and Marvin, will morph and change over the following weeks. Those of us who currently support Marvin Lewis have to accept the idea that what's happening now can indeed get worse and take him down. And those of you currently supporting all things Chad have to come to grips with the idea that unless he changes FAST you probably haven't seen him at his worst yet.

The ebb and flow of fan's opinions is the most predictable thing in the world....

team playing bad = crazy talk

team playing good = mistakes and problems are overlooked

So you see there is plenty of blame to around, that's why blaming Chad for this disappointing season is just "not fair".

If anything is unfair it's the idea that everyone is at fault....everyone should be fired...burn the boat down to the waterline and start over....but leave Chad alone.

The real question isn't related to blame. It's how do you go foreward? How do you attempt to fix the things you can fix while living as best you can with the things you can't do anything about?

When I hear Carson Palmer himself say that Chad needs to go, then I'll agree. This is Carson's offense, I trust that he would lobby for a new reciever if he felt we needed one. Until then, all this stupid Ocho Stinko talk needs to stop!

That's kinda silly. Carson Palmer isn't the type of player who'll call out a teammate in public. He didn't do it in college when USC was struggling each year...until his last, and he's not going to do it now. Instead, he'll take the blame for mistakes he didn't make as well as the ones he did.

That said, if you can get your hands on a game replay check out Palmer's reaction after throwing the late game pick. He yells Chad's name so loudly you could probably hear him from the parking lot.

I don't think it's silly at all. Look at the Henry situation. The main reason he's still a Bengal is directly because of Palmer. You don't think that Palmer would tell the coaches he's tired of something or someone and that there must be a change? How silly is that? All this talk about "trading Chad" or "I'm tired of Chad's antics" is BS. If we were a winning team, NOT ONE SINGLE guy on this board would be saying this crap! It's disgusting and shows how fair weather our fans truly are.... I've got my Bengals T-shirt on right now, I'm still a proud Bengals fan, always will be.

I don't think it's silly at all. Look at the Henry situation. The main reason he's still a Bengal is directly because of Palmer.

Not true. The main reason Chris Henry is still a Bengal is because the people in charge of the roster have never stopped supporting him.

Then again, so what? I could give you more than a dozen examples of Palmer lobbying for a player, but I couldn't give a single example of him publically demanding that player be replaced.....which is what you claim to be waiting for before you'll believe there's a problem.

Getting rid of Chad does not mean you win tomorrow, but its a step in the right direction. A player like Chad is a cancer. He makes everyone in that locker room start to question the team concept and start thinking about THEMSELVES!!!!!!!! Chad is arguably the most recognizable player in Cincy. There's your roll model for the rest of the team. Act like Chad and become famous. The media has made this clown into something bigger than the team itself and that is the root of the problem.

Getting rid of Chad does not mean you win tomorrow, but its a step in the right direction. A player like Chad is a cancer. He makes everyone in that locker room start to question the team concept and start thinking about THEMSELVES!!!!!!!! Chad is arguably the most recognizable player in Cincy. There's your roll model for the rest of the team. Act like Chad and become famous. The media has made this clown into something bigger than the team itself and that is the root of the problem.

I'm betting that if you asked the rest of the team if Chad was the reason they were losing they would laugh. I think you are giving him way to much credit for being able to influence how somebody else plays or coaches.

He's not a cancer - a mild case of poison ivy maybe - but not cancer.

I'm betting that if you asked the rest of the team if Chad was the reason they were losing they would laugh. I think you are giving him way to much credit for being able to influence how somebody else plays or coaches.

He's not a cancer - a mild case of poison ivy maybe - but not cancer.

Time to stop asking the team thier opinion. They are players. They are not coaches or decision makers. Time to STFU and do what you're told. When Lewis showed he had no control over Chad and his endless self promoting BS, he lost the rest of the team as well.

deadspin.com's advice for Marvin for tomorrow...

Chad Johnson and Marvin Lewis are having some sort of a discussion on the sidelines ... actually, it looks more like Marvin Lewis is trying to talk to Chad Johnson, but Johnson doesn't want to hear it, and he just keeps walking. The Bengals are in such a state of chaos right now ... Marvin Lewis needs to start practice Tuesday by beating Chad Johnson to within an inch of his life, just to send a message to everyone else. I'm not kidding. The Bengals would get better if that happened.

Im not sure Marvin's up to it, tho...maybe he could get Joey Porter and his 3 punk buds to jump him coming out onto the practice field?

On ESPN's Monday Night Countdown they went to a weekly coaches rant called Boiling Point where Chris Mortenson asked Mike Ditka and Bill Parcells a very loaded question. Most of what followed was hastily but accurately transcribed by yours truly.

Mort: How do you cure what ails the Bengals?

Ditka: Sometimes you don't look to cure something as much as eliminate the problems. And if you see something that is holding your football team back, keeping it from being all it can be, you eliminate it. Period. I don't care who it is. Because if you're going to put one person as more important than the other 52...you've got a problem. A big problem.

Note: Parcells then comments at length on the other problems facing the Bengals. Pass blocking. Defense. No run game. He finally wraps it up by saying that when teams face adversity you find out what type of character they really have.

Parcells: If you have enough good guys you might get through it.

Mort: Somebody I trust there, within the Bengals organization, told me the organization had a decision to make about Chad Johnson, a pretty talented receiver. That he's too pridefull...got too much passion for the game...that if they discipline him, suspend him for a game, whatever...that he would quit. That it would be all over with.

Ditka: What have they won with him? What have they won with him? Forget numbers. Numbers are numbers. Stats are stats. What have they won with him? Nothing.

Parcells: I don't know Chad Johnson. I can't pass judgement on him. But at the end of the day, I know Mike's had them and I've had them, some players get to a point where....they're just not worth it. Now I'm not saying he's one of those, but some just aren't worth it.

We don't really know what's going on inside the locker room. We can speculate all we want on what kind of effect Chad is having on this team, but none of us know for sure. Only the players and coaches do.

What annoys me is all of the two-faced fans and media who sing his praises when the Bengals are winning and label him the disease when the Bengals lose. You can't have it both ways, folks. Emotional people are emotional people, win or lose. After the Ravens win, I can't tell you how many people said he was the best thing in football, because he played the game with so much joy and enthusiasm. Now, they want to blast him for the same qualities they praised him for earlier this season?

Give me a break. If you're going to criticize him, then at least have the guts to do it during the good times too.

Personally, I don't think he's the problem the media and fans are making him out to be. As has been said a million times, winning cures a lot of ills. When the Bengals get around this hump (and let's hope they do), then people will be back to calling him the poster boy of harmless antics, and will say he's a reminder that these men are being paid millions to play a boy's game and of just how happy they should be to be doing it.

And when all of the complainers are the people saying it, then you'll have to forgive me when I lean over you to reach for the nearest bucket...

Give me a break. If you're going to criticize him, then at least have the guts to do it during the good times too.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've been criticizing Chad's antics for years...and I'm certainly not going to change under the current circumstances.

As for nobody knowing what happens behind the scenes, I thought the most interesting remarks from the Monday Night Countdown rant were the ones Mort passed along from a person within the Bengals organization. After watching the performance against the Chiefs I have absolutely zero problem believing Chad might quit outright, ala the Oakland Raider version of Randy Moss, if sternly disciplined.

Quite honestly, I don't know how a team can effectively discipline a player like Chad Johnson if he refuses to control himself.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've been criticizing Chad's antics for years...and I'm certainly not going to change under the current circumstances.

As for nobody knowing what happens behind the scenes, I thought the most interesting remarks from the Monday Night Countdown rant were the ones Mort passed along from a person within the Bengals organization. After watching the performance against the Chiefs I have absolutely zero problem believing Chad might quit outright, ala the Oakland Raider version of Randy Moss, if sternly disciplined.

Quite honestly, I don't know how a team can effectively discipline a player like Chad Johnson if he refuses to control himself.

If you've truly stayed the course in your criticism, then kudos to you. I can respect that.

If you're right, then I agree. The organization needs to act. I just haven't seen enough yet to make that judgment.

If you've truly stayed the course in your criticism, then kudos to you. I can respect that.

If you're right, then I agree. The organization needs to act. I just haven't seen enough yet to make that judgment.

Chad is not the problem with this team. He is an issue, but not the problem. Neither is the O or the D or the schemes or any one thing in isolation. The problem is the combination of all these factors. In fact, there are so many things going badly wrong its going to take something dramatic to fix it. I, IMHO, will always look to the management when a team or a club or a company goes down hill the way the Bengals have. The management are responsible for the running of the club. Period. So if your Coach is making bad decisions, and your OC and DC are not up to the job then you fix it. Everything starts at the top. You have to give strong direction to your managers and let them know what you want, and what is and is not acceptable. You have to work with them to achieve it and have your finger on the pulse all the time. This is the time for MB to stand up and take this club by the scruff of the neck and shake the living sh*t out of it! If he can't or won't do that then we are doomed to consistant, miserable failour. But back to Chad. He is a very talented WR, who is right now frustrated with the losses and that frustration is being shown in his outbursts. That's the way he is. Win big...lose big. Celebrate loud and visibly....bitch loud and visibly. He needs strong management right now, more than anything else. Trade him? I say no...not now. But no 1 man is bigger than the team. What he needs is someone to take him to one side and tell him enough is enough. No more visible shouting on the touchline...no more visible tantrums as he's bring the club into disripute. he needs to be told we need him now more than ever, to step up to the mark and give 110% in every game for 60 game minutes. Play to his vanity and his strengths, but leave him in no doubt that his antics on public display will not be tolerated....not if it shows the team in a bad light. If he wants to quit? Fine. Like I said...no 1 man is bigger than the team. But I, for one, would be sad to see him go. :cheers:

i don't like all the chad antics but he is not the problem. one person is not the reason why this team is playing so bad and getting rid of him i believe will not fix anything. who are you going to replace him with chatman perry these guys can't even stay on the field. even if the bengals do trade him or whatever unless you get a wideout in return that can take the pressure off tj this offense would be even worse without him. i think that if they are going to move chad that it won't happen till the end of the season. as for ditka the game has passed him bye and he could not be a head coach today. and parcells he had T.O and guess what T.O is still in dallas and bill is not. not taking anything away from bill because he is a good coach. but to make a comment like that when he did nothing with T.O but quit the team makes his opinion pointless.

We don't really know what's going on inside the locker room. We can speculate all we want on what kind of effect Chad is having on this team, but none of us know for sure. Only the players and coaches do.

What annoys me is all of the two-faced fans and media who sing his praises when the Bengals are winning and label him the disease when the Bengals lose. You can't have it both ways, folks. Emotional people are emotional people, win or lose. After the Ravens win, I can't tell you how many people said he was the best thing in football, because he played the game with so much joy and enthusiasm. Now, they want to blast him for the same qualities they praised him for earlier this season?

Personally, I don't think he's the problem the media and fans are making him out to be. As has been said a million times, winning cures a lot of ills. When the Bengals get around this hump (and let's hope they do), then people will be back to calling him the poster boy of harmless antics, and will say he's a reminder that these men are being paid millions to play a boy's game and of just how happy they should be to be doing it.

And when all of the complainers are the people saying it, then you'll have to forgive me when I lean over you to reach for the nearest bucket...

If I could only write as good as you..... Well said!

F-Ditka, I betcha Dikta flips the script as soon Chad has another big game.

If the Bengals are considering disciplining Chad then they should and if he quits then he quits, that's his call. Chad is a grown man and he has be to held responible for the decisions he makes but he also must be treated like the other 52 guys in the locker room.

I remember when we played Dallas at home and we were beating their butts pretty soundly and Chad was having an episode on the sideline cause he wasn't getting the ball enough, or so he thought, even though we were up by like 17 points this guy was having a total meltdown on the sidelines.

I knew that then that Chad's attitude was a problem and if Marvin didn't come down hard on Chad he would risk losing everything he's worked for because that type of attitude would spread throughout the lockerroom and all of that "Do your job" "Keep chopping wood" jazz would fall on deaf ears after time.

Well it seems as if that time as come and Chad's attitude is effecting the other players, they are probably jealous of rewards of his endless self-promotion and antics and they obivously aren't playing well as a team.

Chad is wonderful talent who is a pleasure to be around when things are going well, but the true measure of man is how they react when things aren't going as planned and Chad's actions show that has alot of maturing to do in that area. Can the team turn it around without Chad having a major attitude makeover, only time will tell.

But Chad doesn't play defense or special teams, so why do those two units under-perform on a consistant basis?