Is Chris Henry in trouble again?

walshfan

Heard the police went to his house about a stolen rental.

Henry claims his car was stolen and he borrowed a rental but thought his insurance company was paying for it..

Might be a misunderstanding but how does a rental company give you a car with no paperwork on it?

Will look for something on cincy news stations..

to be continued!

Authorities indicated Hertz had not received a payment from Henry or his insurance company, so the vehicle became classified as stolen.

Note the word 'classified as.' One way for a car to be stolen is to hotwire it and drive it off the lot. That does not to be the case here; you wouldn't say 'I classified my car as stolen when some guy ran off with it'. Absent that, Hertz has to have given him the keys, which would probably put this into the 'misunderstanding' category. Hertz doesn't give you a car without you signing papers.

For what it's worth, I've heard of this kind of thing before, absent football players. In truth, it usually involves idiots, but non-criminal types of idiots. My best guess is that the insurance paid for the rental for a certain amount of time, Henry didn't pay attention to the paperwork that said that. After that time was over, he owed them either money or the car back. Whether they couldn't get in contact with him, or he ignored the threatening messages on his answering machine (assuming he has one) we have no way of knowing.

Best thing is for Henry to produce a check and an apology reaaaaaaal quick. But most likely is that this is a non-criminal type of thing for Henry.

This makes me realize that in addition to a chauffeur to drive them around drunk, every NFL player needs a basic personal assistant to handle things like insurance paperwork.

I dimly recall this rumor, though not attributed to Henry but to an unidentified Bengals player, floating around about six months ago. Supposedly said player had a rental, never brought it back, credit card had maxxed out, now the cops were after him for the "stolen" car. Old news?

Per pft

HENRY'S STORY DOESN'T HOLD WATER

In response to our Wednesday night item regarding the stolen rental car found in the possession of Bengals receiver Chris Henry, several readers with knowledge of the car-rental industry have shared with us information that points directly to the conclusion that Henry didn't tell the police the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Companies that rent cars need to have the cars in order to rent them. (That's about all I know regarding economics.) By reporting a car that has not been returned, and is not being paid for, as stolen, the rental-car company necessarily will deprive itself of the car even longer, since the stolen car (once recovered) gets caught up in the machinery of the justice system.

So, as we've been told, reporting the car stolen is a last-resort option that's used only after multiple attempts have been made to get the car back by, for example, placing multiple phone calls to the person who rented the car.

Really, is it good business to immediately report as stolen a rented car that wasn't returned exactly on the day it was supposed to be returned? For any company that hopes to have its customers remain customers, it makes sense to ask semi-politely for the car before, you know, calling the cops.

And for those of you who have a better memory than me, Henry is not the guy to whom we referred in this blurb from May 14, 2007:

"A source in Cincy has tipped us off to a situation that, if not soon rectified, could result in the arrest of yet another member of the local football team/home for wayward men.

"Per the source, a player rented a car in late March for one week. He has yet to bring it back. He hasn't called to extend the rental.

"The bill is currently over $3,000, and eventually the car will be reported as stolen."

So, apparently, this is a hobby for sorts for a couple of Bengals player.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Per pft

HENRY'S STORY DOESN'T HOLD WATER

In response to our Wednesday night item regarding the stolen rental car found in the possession of Bengals receiver Chris Henry, several readers with knowledge of the car-rental industry have shared with us information that points directly to the conclusion that Henry didn't tell the police the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Companies that rent cars need to have the cars in order to rent them. (That's about all I know regarding economics.) By reporting a car that has not been returned, and is not being paid for, as stolen, the rental-car company necessarily will deprive itself of the car even longer, since the stolen car (once recovered) gets caught up in the machinery of the justice system.

So, as we've been told, reporting the car stolen is a last-resort option that's used only after multiple attempts have been made to get the car back by, for example, placing multiple phone calls to the person who rented the car.

Really, is it good business to immediately report as stolen a rented car that wasn't returned exactly on the day it was supposed to be returned? For any company that hopes to have its customers remain customers, it makes sense to ask semi-politely for the car before, you know, calling the cops.

And for those of you who have a better memory than me, Henry is not the guy to whom we referred in this blurb from May 14, 2007:

"A source in Cincy has tipped us off to a situation that, if not soon rectified, could result in the arrest of yet another member of the local football team/home for wayward men.

"Per the source, a player rented a car in late March for one week. He has yet to bring it back. He hasn't called to extend the rental.

"The bill is currently over $3,000, and eventually the car will be reported as stolen."

So, apparently, this is a hobby for sorts for a couple of Bengals player.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see some PFT Steeler guys as being a little concerned about Henry getting on this team for our little visit to Pittsburgh. Boy, are they reaching with this text or what?

PFT`s assumptions don`t hold water.

There is a video in the link below.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/14153845/detail.html

In that video it says . . .

The Boone County Sherriff`s department said that Henry`s insurance company

did indeed provide the car for him, after his Cadilac Escalade was stolen in Louisiana.

The "stolen" car is a Chrysler 300, and had Texas plates, and was parked out on

the street by his house. It was supposed to be turned in last Wednesday,

and was reported stolen the same day it was supposed to be turned in. (September 12th)

What kind of crap is that ? Reported stolen the same day it was supposed to be returned ?

And what the heck is a cop doing driving bye Henry`s house, and running plates in on

a car just because he doesn`t "recognize" it ?

And what the heck is a cop doing driving bye Henry`s house, and running plates in on a car just because he doesn`t "recognize" it ?

Some people would call that profiling, right?

"Some of those that work forces....."

From Chris Henry's tune, "Getting Suspended In The Name Of". Chris, time to get a new neighborhood. Or a garage. New crime - PWB. Parking While Black.