Predict the Score

WhoDey93285

...only to be clobbered by 20 when NE comes to town in Week 4.

Whoa. I forgot the main factor about that game. It's in prime time on Monday Night! It seems that's the only time the entire team gets up for a game.

Whoa. I forgot the main factor about that game. It's in prime time on Monday Night! It seems that's the only time the entire team gets up for a game.

haha

That is very true. But I've watched NE play both of their games this year, and they are better than I have ever seen them look before. If they don't win the Super Bowl this year, it will be very, very shocking to me.

Dont like to predict the score we tried that last time and well u know what happened so i will say whatever team wants it more will win this one lets just hope its the bengals.

In the spirit of this thread, I'll play along.

Seattle 27

Cincinnat 31

It'll be just another in a long line on nail biters this season. Why should it change now? Like I said last week in another thread, the Cardiac Kids now reside in Cincinnati. ^_^

haha

That is very true. But I've watched NE play both of their games this year, and they are better than I have ever seen them look before. If they don't win the Super Bowl this year, it will be very, very shocking to me.

well shiit fire and call me Sally, I think we have a closet Brady lover in our midst...

Let me tell you about the Pat's, as my disdain for them is two dimensional. First, my wife is from Providence (might love Brady more then Scooter) and second, they are hyper-overrated for the following reasons:

1. Moss will implode well in advance of the post-season, Stallworth is anonymous and Welker cannot go 16 games without going MIA.

2. The CB's are vulnerable to a QB with skills, and I don't mean Chad Pennington.

3. Apart from Maroney, the run offense is a non-factor. Sure, Faulmk gives you a few 3rd down conversions a game but the run game is lacking.

Now, we will stomp on the team charading as the Seahags this week and when it becomes the Patsy's turn, we will stomp their brains as well.

ps. the Modelo especial is flowing in the Kings' domain tonight. SASSY!

Hags - 17

Bengals - 33

haha

well shiit fire and call me Sally, I think we have a closet Brady lover in our midst...

Let me tell you about the Pat's, as my disdain for them is two dimensional. First, my wife is from Providence (might love Brady more then Scooter) and second, they are hyper-overrated for the following reasons:

1. Moss will implode well in advance of the post-season, Stallworth is anonymous and Welker cannot go 16 games without going MIA.

2. The CB's are vulnerable to a QB with skills, and I don't mean Chad Pennington.

3. Apart from Maroney, the run offense is a non-factor. Sure, Faulmk gives you a few 3rd down conversions a game but the run game is lacking.

Now, we will stomp on the team charading as the Seahags this week and when it becomes the Patsy's turn, we will stomp their brains as well.

ps. the Modelo especial is flowing in the Kings' domain tonight. SASSY!

Hags - 17

Bengals - 33

lol Definately not a Brady lover. I hate anything and everything Boston. I just think they look better than they've ever looked for an outside perspective. But for our Bengals' sake, I hope you're right.

For predictions, I always ask Walter - he's entertaining, and right (slightly) more often then he's wrong. As far as I'm concerned - I was hoping for 3 - 1 at the bye, and expecting 2 - 2, so they'll win either this one or next Monday. The schedule sets up for a rough start and strong finish, as predicted in the preseason. To Walters prognastication:

Cincinnati Bengals (1-1) at Seattle Seahawks (1-1)

Line: Seahawks by 3.5. Total: 50.5.

Walt's Projected Line (Before Week 2): Seahawks -3.

Walt's Projected Line (After Week 2): Seahawks -3.

Sunday, 4:05 ET - Buy Tickets

The Game. Edge: Bengals.

Injuries: BENGALS: OUT: RB Chris Perry, WR Chris Henry, DE Frostee Rucker, LB Odell Thurman, LB David Pollack, LB Rashad Jeanty. SEAHAWKS: OUT: DT Marcus Tubbs.

I know Chad Johnson was planning on leaping into the Dawg Pound last weekend, but I was secretly hoping that he would make light of the Bill Belichick Overblown Videotaping-Gate by scoring a touchdown, taking out a video camera and shoving it in Romeo Crennel's face. How funny would that have been? Chad, if you're reading this, you should hire me as your touchdown-celebration coordinator.

It's a shame Johnson's performance against the Browns - 11 catches, 209 yards, two touchdowns - had to be overshadowed by a bizarre display by Derek Anderson and Jamal Lewis. Fifty-one points? Seriously... where did that come from? This may seem like it can only get worse for the Bengals, given that Matt Hasselbeck and Shaun Alexander are far superior to Anderson and Lewis. However, I believe Cleveland's 51-point fiesta was a product of Cincinnati not being focused. I wrote last week, "The Bengals, coming off a tough game against the Ravens, have Seattle and New England in Weeks 3 and 4. This could be a Sandwich Game." If only I had listen to myself and picked the Browns. I believe we'll see a much-improved Cincinnati defense Sunday afternoon. That said, I still think Seattle may score in the 20s, which is a number any Bengals fan would take that right about now.

The one positive thing that came out of Cincinnati's 51-45 loss to Cleveland is that its offense finally clicked; Carson Palmer, Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh couldn't get things going against Baltimore. With the Seahawks unable to stop opposing ground attacks - they're ranked 27th in the NFL, surrendering 4.8 yards per carry - the Bengals will be able to establish Rudi Johnson, setting up play-action opportunities for Palmer. Seattle has given up an average of about 245 passing yards per contest, so I have no doubt that Chad Johnson will get into the end zone. I'll just have to think of a celebration dance for him in case he hires me.

Losing to the Cardinals on a botched handoff is one thing. Getting embarrassed by a lackluster Browns offense is another. This is a big bounce-back game for the Bengals, as an AFC squad once again dominates NFC mediocrity.

The Psychology. Edge: None.

I think the Seahawks looked past Arizona to this game. It's too bad for them that they're getting a focused Bengals squad that just surrendered 51 points to the pathetic Cleveland Browns.

The Vegas. Edge: Seahawks.

There should be equal action on both sides.

Percentage of money on Cincinnati: 74% (8,000 bets)

The Trends. Edge: Bengals.

Two Roads (Loss): Current and '06 head coaches are 89-60 ATS on the road following a road loss (Marvin Lewis 2-1.)

Seahawks are 11-2 ATS in September home games since 2000.

Opening Line: Seahawks -3.

Opening Total: 49.

Weather: Partly cloudy, 60 degrees. Light wind.

Fantasy Spin.

Start Em: Carson Palmer, Rudi Johnson, Chad Johnson, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Matt Hasselbeck, Shaun Alexander.

Sit Em: Both Defenses.

Prediction: Bengals 24, Seahawks 23

Bengals +3.5 (1 Unit)

Under 50.5 (1 Unit)

Seattle - 51

Bengals - 52

Palmer leads the Bengals down the field trailing by 6 in the last minute for a touchdown to Chad to tie the game. Graham misses the xtra point (bad snap), prompting the "here we go again" feeling from Bengals fans, but a penalty on the defense gives him a 2nd chance which he takes full advantage of! :cheers:

Usually after an embarrassing loss a team and players will do worse the following week. At least that's what my psychology book says.

I see Alexander rushing for 300 yards and 6 TD's while Palmer throws 6 himself and then Shayne Grahm winning by kicking a 60 yard field goal as time runs out.

Bengals 39

Seahawks 36

Usually after an embarrassing loss a team and players will do worse the following week. At least that's what my psychology book says.

Yeah, after the Browns got embarassed opening weekend, they sure came out and did a heck of a lot worse. Not criticizing, but I've always found the exact opposite to be true of what "your psychology book says."

You guys really believe we'll snap back just like that? Infernal optomists I tell ya'!!

The Seahawks just lost to the mighty Cardinals. It's not like we're picking us over NFL All Star Team. In my honest opinion, I think we're a better team than the Hawks. Yeah, we sucked last week, but we're not going to be THAT bad every games. I still see us going 11-5 or 12-4 this year. I think our offense will make up for our defense most of the time this year, but our defense isn't going to give up 51 points every week. Having one game like that every year seems to be the new trend, so we'll see. But my point is, picking us over the Seahawks isn't being a homer.

The Seahawks just lost to the mighty Cardinals. It's not like we're picking us over NFL All Star Team. In my honest opinion, I think we're a better team than the Hawks. Yeah, we sucked last week, but we're not going to be THAT bad every games. I still see us going 11-5 or 12-4 this year. I think our offense will make up for our defense most of the time this year, but our defense isn't going to give up 51 points every week. Having one game like that every year seems to be the new trend, so we'll see. But my point is, picking us over the Seahawks isn't being a homer.

True 'nuff and just for the record, I don't think we're as bad as we looked last Sunday either. But then, I don't think the Hawks are as bad as they looked against the Cards.

So where does that leave us? The Hawks are at home, we seem to have a ton of injuries especially at LB and we haven't manifested a consistent run defense in like.....what? 5 years! And they have this guy named Alexander on their side.

So yeah, call me a pessimist if you must but until and unless we can show we're consistent winners I'm not giving the kitties the benifit of the doubt. And I still harbor a lot of doubt!! <_<

So yeah, call me a pessimist if you must but until and unless we can show we're consistent winners I'm not giving the kitties the benifit of the doubt. And I still harbor a lot of doubt!! <_<

Perfectly understandable. The Seahawks should be favored to win this game, and they are by most.