100 greatest QBs

jjakq27

Didn't bother reading through his meaningless rating method... but did it require a certain number of games started? Frankly, I can't see any rating method that would allow Daunte Culpepper, Mike Vick, and Jeff Blake to all be ranked while Carson Palmer's name was left off the list. Secondly... his "honorable mention" list of guys that just missed... does anyone think that a single one of those players are half the player that Palmer is? There either needs to be a minimum requirement that Palmer didn't reach (though that seems unlikely) or someone needs to be fired.

It's a stupid list anyway. Any QB list that doens't have John Elway in the top 2 should be disregarded immediately. P.S. What does Peyton Manning have to do to get in the top 10? He won his Super Bowl didn't he? I don't even like the guy... but he deserves to be up there.

Just more reason to believe Ken Anderson is getting a big-time raw deal by the HOF selection commitee... It really is rediculous, I mean if the Bengals dont fumble away that first Super Bowl, he would be in, sometimes there is waaaay to much emphasis on SB winners, I mean Bradshaw is was not even close to the QB Anderson was...

Kenny Anderson not being in the Hall of Fame is just crazy. I'm sure he will be there someday, but it is getting a little rediculous...

WHODEY !!!

It is a career rating system, basically a measure of QB value above average for each year, summed over the career.

Carson doesnt make the grade becuase his carreer is too short. This is how some of they guys you dont think of as great

made it - if you have a long career your total value is high.

And dont sell KA short - Carson will have to work to beat him out as best ever Bengals QB. Life is a lot easier for

a QB now than it was then, and KA had amazing accuracy. And he could throw deep.

He was a better scrambler too. THe superbowl year, when KA was in his 30s, he was the second leading rusher on

the team. He gained some 350 yards rushing that year.

KA deserves the 7th best ranking, if not higher. I look forward to Carson getting up there too. We can appreciate both.

Kenny Anderson not being in the Hall of Fame is just crazy. I'm sure he will be there someday, but it is getting a little rediculous...

WHODEY !!!

It is a career rating system, basically a measure of QB value above average for each year, summed over the career.

Carson doesnt make the grade becuase his carreer is too short. This is how some of they guys you dont think of as great

made it - if you have a long career your total value is high.

And dont sell KA short - Carson will have to work to beat him out as best ever Bengals QB. Life is a lot easier for

a QB now than it was then, and KA had amazing accuracy. And he could throw deep.

He was a better scrambler too. THe superbowl year, when KA was in his 30s, he was the second leading rusher on

the team. He gained some 350 yards rushing that year.

KA deserves the 7th best ranking, if not higher. I look forward to Carson getting up there too. We can appreciate both.

Added -

The Football Outsiders used similar methods to find the best 100 QB seasons of all time. KA had three in the list, at #6, and #8. Neither of these were the year he was NFL MVP and we went tot the superbowl. That was #37 on the list. They didnt count the 1982 strike season in the rankings. In that year, KA set the NFL record for season completion percentage. It would also have ranked in the top 100.

----------

On Boomer - He was a fine QB, but he was without a doubt the BEST play action faker in history. Time after time in games the camera would entirely miss a long gainer because the camera was following the runner into the line. It was a sight to see.

On Boomer - He was a fine QB, but he was without a doubt the BEST play action faker in history. Time after time in games the camera would entirely miss a long gainer because the camera was following the runner into the line. It was a sight to see.

I remember not seeing it many times because the camera was focused on a RB who didn't have the ball. By thim they figured this out, the pass was almost to the (usually) wide open receiver!

Didn't bother reading through his meaningless rating method... but did it require a certain number of games started? Frankly, I can't see any rating method that would allow Daunte Culpepper, Mike Vick, and Jeff Blake to all be ranked while Carson Palmer's name was left off the list. Secondly... his "honorable mention" list of guys that just missed... does anyone think that a single one of those players are half the player that Palmer is? There either needs to be a minimum requirement that Palmer didn't reach (though that seems unlikely) or someone needs to be fired.

It's a stupid list anyway. Any QB list that doens't have John Elway in the top 2 should be disregarded immediately. P.S. What does Peyton Manning have to do to get in the top 10? He won his Super Bowl didn't he? I don't even like the guy... but he deserves to be up there.

Mybe they let Culpepper and vick in because their careers are over.

I really don't think Ken Anderson deserves to be anywhere near that high. He was an excellent quarterback, and probably the best this franchise has had... but c'mon now.

Aren't you on the HOF selection committee? :P

:lol:

Nah, if I were, Ken Riley would have been in there years ago.

Added -

The Football Outsiders used similar methods to find the best 100 QB seasons of all time. KA had three in the list, at #6, and #8. Neither of these were the year he was NFL MVP and we went tot the superbowl. That was #37 on the list. They didnt count the 1982 strike season in the rankings. In that year, KA set the NFL record for season completion percentage. It would also have ranked in the top 100.

Which years were his best. 1973? 1975?

:lol:

Nah, if I were, Ken Riley would have been in there years ago.

Yet somehow they saw fit to put Roger Wehrli(sp?) in.

Gotta figure Riley gets overlooked because he never made a Pro Bowl. I have no effing clue how he never made a Pro Bowl though. He's easily the biggest Bengal snub.