Uniforms for 2007

Scottishbengal

For those of you who are interested in what the Bengals will be wearing against this seasons opposition

http://www.bengals.com/team/jersey_colors07.asp

I would still love to see a special white with black stripes(no orange), like the white Bengals that Segfried and Roy used to use.

I think that would look cool helmet and all.

You're joking right? A big orange and black striped helmet sitting on top of a base white uniform with black stripes!?! Where have you ever seen a freaky looking tiger like that?

:angry: And why...WHY did you have to work the words "Segfried and Roy" :boff: into a thread in my beloved Bengals forum!?! :rant: WHY!?!?!? :crybaby:

It's going to take a buttload of bourbon to wipe that image from my mind today!

I would still love to see a special white with black stripes(no orange), like the white Bengals that Segfried and Roy used to use.

I think that would look cool helmet and all.

FWIW, there used to be a white helmet with black stripes hanging from the ceiling at Koch Sporting Goods store downtown, I was told it was a prototype back in 1981 when they changed to the striped unis. It hung there for years but I don't think it is there anymore. Koch's makes the Bengals unis and I think it was an option that they were looking at and it had to do with the white Bengal tigers at the Zoo that came along in the late 70's.

It was a really cool look. I'd like to see it again.

Also since this is the team's 40th season I wonder if they will be doing any kind of retro look. I think in 1997 they wore the old uniforms in a game. Nobody remembers though becasue they were so bad back then. Didn't the Browns wear a special helmet last year against the Bengals? It had the player's number on it since it was their 60th anniversary.

If i'm not mistaken your allowed helmet changes with alt uniforms ala Cowboys white one or chargers wearing white with powder blue.

Doesn't that have to be with a pre-approved helmet, which the Bengals have possibly only one:

beng68si.jpg

My choice would be Black/Black for home games, Orange/Black for away games, White/Black for pre-season games, AND KEEP THE HELMETS AS THEY ARE. :bengal::bengal::bengal::bengal::bengal:

Also since this is the team's 40th season I wonder if they will be doing any kind of retro look. I think in 1997 they wore the old uniforms in a game. Nobody remembers though becasue they were so bad back then. Didn't the Browns wear a special helmet last year against the Bengals? It had the player's number on it since it was their 60th anniversary.

They wore the old ones in 1994 against the Browns during a weekend in which all the NFL teams wore throwback unis to commemerate the NFL's 75th anniversary. I agree, the Bengals should wear the old throwbacks for a game this year.