Another Old Washed Up Dude Available

HoosierCat

Simeon Rice anyone? Per PFT...

BUCS BOUNCE RICE

In a move that is not a shocker but is still nevertheless surprising, the Bucaneers have cut defensive end Simeon Rice, according to Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com.

Rice was due to earn a base salary of $7.25 million in 2007, the final year of his contract. Per Glazer, the Bucs asked Rice to take a pay cut, and Rice refused.

The move creates $7.25 million in cap space for the Bucs, which could be used to sign quarterback Daunte Culpepper, with whom the team met last week. Culpepper reportedly is seeking a one-year deal, which shouldn't be a problem for Gruden, who realizes that this one year could be his last year in Tampa.

Look for Rice to be courted by the Detroit Lions, who are coached by former Bucs defensive line coach Rod Marinelli. Other possibilities (as we see it) are the Bears, Steelers, and Vikings.

He was hurt last season but had double-digit sacks just about every year previously. I have to think he'd be an upgrade over B-rob...

Waddya think, mem? Sign 'em? :sure:

Simeon Rice anyone? Per PFT...

BUCS BOUNCE RICE

In a move that is not a shocker but is still nevertheless surprising, the Bucaneers have cut defensive end Simeon Rice, according to Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com.

Rice was due to earn a base salary of $7.25 million in 2007, the final year of his contract. Per Glazer, the Bucs asked Rice to take a pay cut, and Rice refused.

The move creates $7.25 million in cap space for the Bucs, which could be used to sign quarterback Daunte Culpepper, with whom the team met last week. Culpepper reportedly is seeking a one-year deal, which shouldn't be a problem for Gruden, who realizes that this one year could be his last year in Tampa.

Look for Rice to be courted by the Detroit Lions, who are coached by former Bucs defensive line coach Rod Marinelli. Other possibilities (as we see it) are the Bears, Steelers, and Vikings.

He was hurt last season but had double-digit sacks just about every year previously. I have to think he'd be an upgrade over B-rob...

Waddya think, mem? Sign 'em? :sure:

I think your right in stating he'll go to the Lions..

Actually, Rice was as dominating during his prime as Sam Adams, and more recently - but without a connection to ML or his staff, I'm sure we'll pass.

Let us know if they cut Derrick Brooks!

ok, now I see the thread.

As stated elsewhere (sorry)..

I think he could help us. Better than BRob or Frostee...would make Justin/Geathers better.

If Titans and others are giving him a looksee what does it hurt to get him in there and check out his attitude, see the shoulder and find out how much cake it takes.

It looked to me like the Giants want value for him, as in they don't want to cut him. This might be a decent time to unload a Kiewan and one of our 23 LB's.

Strahan can still play. He just wants cash...doubtful we'd pay it.

It looked to me like the Giants want value for him, as in they don't want to cut him. This might be a decent time to unload a Kiewan and one of our 23 LB's.

Strahan can still play. He just wants cash...doubtful we'd pay it.

OK everyone pass around a hat. I throw in 20 bucks, yup that should get us started.

I'm willing to bet that a team like the Titans that are desperate for some sort of pass-rushing DE is going to be willing to pay him more than he's worth. While I agree that he's an upgrade over B-Rob, it's still a question of value. Who knows how much time B-Rob is going to be getting anyway with Geathers playing well and possibly Rucker getting some time.

DE is a position that the Bengals could certainly upgrade... but I'd be much more interested in them upgrading the DT position. It is my opinion that if the Bengals were to have a top 5 DT, they would have a top 10 defense. Yes... it makes that much of a difference.

It is my opinion that if the Bengals were to have a top 5 DT, they would have a top 10 defense. Yes... it makes that much of a difference.

That would be the answer to my Prayers! The Bengals have strived so hard to obtain a top 10 offense, why not do the same on the other side of the damn ball! :angry:

OK everyone pass around a hat. I throw in 20 bucks, yup that should get us started.

Dude I think you're on to something, but an angle like this still gives the edge to the big market teams unless they were excluded from using said provision!

Dude I think you're on to something, but an angle like this still gives the edge to the big market teams unless they were excluded from using said provision!

Put a tax on each ticket like the "Airport Tax" and buy someone that can whoop some ass.