How lazy is Rudi?

JoePong

INSIDE DISH: Bengals players respect and admire RB Rudi Johnson for his toughness, durability and consistency on the field. But his timeliness is being questioned. Johnson is always the last player on the field for practice and always the last player to board the team bus and plane. His laid-back manner is being interpreted as nonchalance. Even worse, laziness. The club drafted Kenny Irons for several reasons -- to improve the speed and explosiveness of the offense and to light a fire under Johnson, who averaged only 3.8 yards a carry on his way to 1,309 yards and 12 TDs.

Chick Ludwig covers the Bengals for the Dayton Daily News.

This is puzzling :huh: I was under the impression that Rudi was both a workout warrior and a team leader. Perhaps, being the star running back who gets less pub than Carson, CJ, & TJ, he likes to make a "Grand Entrance" ?

That was simply a re-print of a Ludwig piece from somewhere?

No further analysis or explanation from Pong?

I must ask then, how lazy is JoePong?

lol

Chick needs to stfu, Rudi is by far from lazy..just because he's the last guy on the practice field or the bus doesn't mean he's lazy he just moves at his own speed. Talk about making a mountian out of a mole hill, this is really a non-issue especailly since he is arguably the best rb in franchise history I believe he has earned some slack.

OK, for the last 10 minutes or so, I've sat here and tried to say the sentence, "The reason the Bengals drafted Kenny Irons was to put pressure on that lazy bum Rudi Johnson" without busting out laughing.

No can do.

Someone's yanking Chick's crank. This sounds like some locker room prank.

Chad: Hey, guys, I got Chick on the line. He says he needs some insider info for his column. C'mon, gimme somethin good!

Carson: Tell him that Marvin's mad at me because I will only answer to the name, Mister Indispensible.

Joseph: Tell him that I don't actually have a foot injury but that I'm dogging it because I want a new contract based on my 10 near-interceptions last season.

Rudi: Nah, nah, guys, here's what you tell him: that we drafted Kenny because I'm a lazy bum.

(Locker room erupts in laughter)

Chad: Hello, Chick...yeah, thanks for holding...

OK, for the last 10 minutes or so, I've sat here and tried to say the sentence, "The reason the Bengals drafted Kenny Irons was to put pressure on that lazy bum Rudi Johnson" without busting out laughing.

No can do.

Chad: Hey, guys, I got Chick on the line. He says he needs some insider info for his column. C'mon, gimme somethin good!

Carson: Tell him that Marvin's mad at me because I will only answer to the name, Mister Indispensible.

Joseph: Tell him that I don't actually have a foot injury but that I'm dogging it because I want a new contract based on my 10 near-interceptions last season.

Rudi: Nah, nah, guys, here's what you tell him: that we drafted Kenny because I'm a lazy bum.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

That's some funny stuff!

No can do.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

That's some funny stuff!

haha mister indispensible...

How about basing his performance last year on the frequency of his bowel movements ??

At first glance the above seems like a perfect setup line for a joke, but oddly enough I've got nothing. Which in itself is a pretty good setup for a joke, but not actually a joke itself.

Anyone?

Anyone at all?

(Waiting)

There's an old story about a very impatient Paul Brown checking his watch and finding the team a half hour behind schedule...prompting him to loudly threaten to cut the last player to get on the bus. Predictably, that player turned out to be Jim Brown.

End of story.

I always wondered why Jim Brown only played 9 years, I guess that explains it.

No can do.

Oh, yeah, THAT's RICH!

:lmao: :lmao:

He's got a problem with sleeping in and being late to meetings, which he needs to fix.. He carries the ball 30-40+ times a game without a complaint and stays in amazing shape. He doesn't get arrested, he loves football and wants to be great, and it's all relative.

That said Rudi shouldn't be handed anything and some competition will do him good. Perry has really hurt the Bengals' ability to control the clock the last two years, by being hurt. I sure as hell hope Anderson's judgement is once again golden with Irons, and that Irons stays healthy.

Rudi, ideally, is a guy you want to be relatively fresh in the 2nd half of close games, where he is a unique weapon to have. Wearing him down early in so many game the last two years have really kept his average and #s' down. No one can keep up that pace for much longer without getting hurt or worn down.