Corey Simon Redux

HoosierCat

Good piece on his screwed-up stint in Indy...

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=124&p=2&c=655774

At the very end...

Other teams that could take at least a cursory look in Simon's direction to improve their depth of talent are the Buffalo Bills, Washington Redskins, and Cincinnati Bengals.

Between the young Samoans and the bargain-bin DTs we signed, I really don't see it, but if he's healthy and would work cheap (the former a huge if, the latter probably the only way he'll find a job) he'd certainly be worth a look.

(Oh, and personal to membengal: SIGN 'EM!!! :lol: )

I will say this, when he was available as a free agent, MANY (myself included) would have LOVED to have Simon on our defense !!! He has had a bad go of things, but would have to think that IF he was healthy and could motivate himself to keep his weight in check, he would easily be a big impact for our defensive line. That being said, those are pretty big "ifs"... So "IF" he could pass the physical and looked the part, would you want him on the team ?? I would say yes... You can't tell me he would be any worse than some of the depth we have at DT at this point. NO WAY !!!

WHODEY !!!

Corey Simon was a beast when he played at or around 300 lbs, once he got to the Colts his weight balloned to close to 350 lbs. Since that time he's been sitting around collecting checks, if he couldn't get in shape when he was playing why do think he would be in shape when hasn't played in over a year.

However, I hear that he does have a pending endorsement deal with a Fortune 500 company...

autographic78.jpg

part_01.jpg

I think Simon will be forced into retirement because no team wants to have some guy come in and steal money like he did with the Colts.

Corey Simon was a beast when he played at or around 300 lbs, once he got to the Colts his weight balloned to close to 350 lbs. Since that time he's been sitting around collecting checks, if he couldn't get in shape when he was playing why do think he would be in shape when hasn't played in over a year.

Actually, he did (eventually) get in shape in '05. Remember, he sat out all the workouts and camp in Philly that spring and summer over the franchise tag, which is why he looked like that picture you posted when he debuted for the Colts in the fall. I remember seeing him on TV in September and thinking, wow, he's the f**king Pillsbury Doughboy! Then I was watching a Colts game in December and didn't even recognize him, he had dropped so much weight.

As to what shape he's in now, who knows? If he's ballooned back into Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man range -- or if his knee or some other important joint is shot -- obviously there's no point in bringing him in. But at this point that appears to be as much speculation as all the "Odell's on crack and lost 100 pounds" stuff from last season. Bottom line is that I don't think it would hurt to have a look.

As to what shape he's in now, who knows? If he's ballooned back into Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man range -- or if his knee or some other important joint is shot -- obviously there's no point in bringing him in. But at this point that appears to be as much speculation as all the "Odell's on crack and lost 100 pounds" stuff from last season. Bottom line is that I don't think it would hurt to have a look.

I think a weigh-in would be sufficient. If they have to get him weighed on truck scales, I vote no.