SAM ADAMS CUT

HoosierCat

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if they're trying to give him a chance to catch on with somebody else?

Either that, or he's so shot that there wasn't even any point in paying to feed him.

My guess would be...both. But then I'm biased, as I wasn't sure he had anything left to give when they signed him last year. Rumor has it he had slimmed down and was comitted to going out like a champ this year...but if he does it will be elsewhere. And IF he does, my hat's off to him.

Anyhow, I guess this means that Allen's lisfranc injury isn't an issue...

I'm not surprised a bit.

The cut doesn't surprise me, but the timing does.

Well, whomever was clamoring about none of our starting DT's getting cut due to the camp fodder we signed, was just a little off... Frankly, this does suprise me a bit, but with how sh*tty our D-line has been since well, forever, I guess it shouldn't !!! Cya Sam...

WHODEY !!!

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6047

HOLY CRAP...

Guess the knee was shot...?

Wow.

I don't have as good of info regarding camp news as the in-towners on the board, but is it possible that he showed up to OTAs in as bad of shape as he was in last year? I could see them getting sick of wasting a roster spot on a 15-play DT.

But the real issue here is....another year of John Thornton! Hells yeah!

I don't have as good of info regarding camp news as the in-towners on the board, but is it possible that he showed up to OTAs in as bad of shape as he was in last year? I could see them getting sick of wasting a roster spot on a 15-play DT.

Yeah, the Thornton-haters are an unhappy bunch right now. :lol:

Like I said before, the rumor mill had Sam slimmed down by 50 lbs. and fired up to be a force. Whether that's true, who knows?

Of course, once you subtract 1 big fatty, add 1 Kendrick "gee I look like a prototypical NT" Allen, and look at our abundance o' LBs...well...all I can say is...

Anyone for the 3-4? :lol:

That's what I figure. I don't think they'd have cut him without reason to believe his contribution next season won't be any greater than it was in '06. His being really really fat would probably be sufficient reason.

I had high hopes for Sam this year - I guess they were unfounded.

I imagine that the team must have been pretty sure that he couldn't contribute much at all - I wonder how long they've been planning this? They cut him the same day that Allen finally signs - this must have been in the works for a while.

I wonder if they dangled him as trade bait during the draft?

Of course, once you subtract 1 big fatty, add 1 Kendrick "gee I look like a prototypical NT" Allen, and look at our abundance o' LBs...well...all I can say is...

Anyone for the 3-4? :lol:

Oh dammit don't get the 3-4 freaks started!!!! That crap just died down!

Thanks to you we'll see 15+/- 5 threads dealing with our conversion to the 3-4. People will be convinced that Pollack and Brooks will anchor the OLBs, with Odell and Landon manning the middle. I will then have to remind them that Justin and Jumpy would be the worst 3-4 DE tandem of all time. This will go in a circle as Spain forgets what the argument was about and starts it again.

Oh dammit don't get the 3-4 freaks started!!!! That crap just died down!

Oh, c'mon, where's your sense of adventure? :lmao:

Thanks to you we'll see 15+/- 5 threads dealing with our conversion to the 3-4. People will be convinced that Pollack and Brooks will anchor the OLBs, with Odell and Landon manning the middle. I will then have to remind them that Justin and Jumpy would be the worst 3-4 DE tandem of all time. This will go in a circle as Spain forgets what the argument was about and starts it again.

:lmao: Funny 'cause its true!

Speaking of Spain, to swipe his punctuation mark, the Big ? now is...what's the Big Toe's chances of making the 53-man roster? Can he beat out Myers or Allen for the final spot? Or maybe B-rob gets axed, Thornton moves to the swing role and the Toe stays? I dunno but I think his chances just went way up.

Man, that was a little unexpected. I am sorry to see that it didn't work out for him. But like others have said, his better days are behind him (no pun intended) and he never fulfilled the expecations.

It's funny how many called his signing the most significant FA signing the Bengals ever had and now he is gone with minimal impact during his time here.