Panthers release Keyshawn Johnson

Should the Bengals make him an offer? Chad on one side, Keyshawn and TJ on the other. Teams won't know who to double team!!!

You're joking, right? Teams won't know who to double team? Sure dude. Teams would be able to double team Chad and TJ and leave Keyshawn completely uncovered.

But hey, he's old and washed up so let's sign him!

Is our third WR better than him? Who is our third WR anyway? Chapman? Tab Perry? Benny Brazell? Chris Henry? No he's out the first 8 weeks.

I say make a run for him. He can't be any worse than any of the above guys.

Is our third WR better than him?

Yes. And so is our fourth, and our fifth, and our sixth...

That's just an ignorant statement.

What's this, a Bengalszoner overrating current Bengals' back-ups? Go figure! I've never seen that before here.

Tab Perry missed basically an entire season and a good chunk of off-season with a hip injury - another totally unproven candidate for a very important #3 WR spot, that we'll be counting on for half the season.

If you can tell me one #4 or #5 WR on the Bengals' roster right now that has come close to an 800+ yard, 7 TD season - please let us know.

You people act like signing a big, experienced posession receiver as an insurance policy for Henry's loss is such a bad thing.

Why would you care if he upgraded a position? Seriously, why?

Please spare me the Bennie Brazelle and Chatman hogwash also. Enough already with Brazelle especially.

I would be intrigued with the kind of production Keyshawn could produce with a great QB throwing to him and two other Wr's to take the heat off of him.

This isn't about "being another old and washed up" player. It's what the market bears. So stop with that.

All that said, of course I won't lose a wink of sleep if they don't sign him or even show interest - but I think they'd be stupid to not even put a call in.

Problem is that Carolina's problem is (was) not the wide outs. The problem is the QB that only throws the ball to that Steve Smith guy. They still have the same problem, just a different set of receivers that won't get the ball. Maybe the Panthers will blame them next year. :cheers:

Shula, you know I have been hollering about the WR situation for awhile now, but Keyshawn really isn't an answer for what ails the team. Henry's skill-set is so far beyond Keyshawn's current level that it's not even funny.

Yes. I know. And since they need to REPLACE the suspended guy's skill set, forgive me for being underwhelmed at the thought of Keyshawn dragging his 34-year-old body around PBS. I don't consider that anything close to what they need to replace the suspended guy.

Yes. I know. And since they need to REPLACE the suspended guy's skill set, forgive me for being underwhelmed at the thought of Keyshawn dragging his 34-year-old body around PBS. I don't consider that anything close to what they need to replace the suspended guy.

Better than the invisible man (#15) and the other wanna-bees.

Chatman and Perry have both proven that they can play in the nfl and handle the 3rd wr spot. granted that was 2 years ago and they are coming off injuries, but that's the nfl, you get hurt sometimes, sometimes worse than others. im pretty sure that if the organization thought the henry suspension and injuries wrecked havoc on the wr corps then we would have drafted one (like we did with Kenny Irons b/c of CPerry) instead of signing an old vet for too much $$$. glen holt aint bad either.

Keyshawn is a solid receiver, but he isn't what we need at all. Tab Perry is probably in the same mold, but he has talent enough to hold the fort down.

Henry is a rare breed of talent, and there really isn't any realistic way he can be adequately replaced for half a season.

Keyshawn is not going to replace what Chris Henry brings to this team, there is no one available who can.

Thank you, no!

What's that??? Criminal records!?! :lmao:

I was watching NFL Countdown last night and they mentioned that Keshawn might be done because of the WR market right now. Not great timing to be booted now. They also went on to mention that he may be able to earn a spot at someone's training camp, if he was lucky. So there is a good chance he will just hang things up and probably become part of the ESPN crew.