7th Round: Chinedum Ndukwe

HoosierCat

looks like a pure special teamer who will never play a defensive down...and I have a certain amount of love for that kind of player.....look just to the left, and gaze upon another "safety" - Reggie Myles.....this reminds me a LOT of the pick of Kilmer last year

the nfldraftcountdown profile (emphasis mine): http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...edumndukwe.html

Chinedum Ndukwe

Height: 6-13/4 | Weight: 206 | 40-Time: 4.53

Strengths:

Size and bulk are adequate...Great natural athlete...Decent timed speed...Strong and can deliver a big hit...Good hands and ball skills...Is solid versus the run...Has shown some playmaking ability...Still has upside...Terrific special teams potential.

Weaknesses:

Does not play as fast as he times...Lacks top instincts and awareness...Hips are not fluid...Doesn't change directions well...Does not have a burst to recover...Not real physical...Average tackler...Constantly out of position...A liability in coverage.

Notes:

Also goes by "Nedu"...Has a brother, Ikechuku, who was an offensive lineman at Northwestern and now plays for the Baltimore Ravens...Was Brady Quinn's top target in high school and he was actually a wide receiver for the first two years of his college career...A workout warrior who tests well and appears to have all the physical tools but he gives up way too many big plays on game day...He will most likely be chosen higher than his play would indicate and some team will regret it.

Career Statistics

Year GP TKL PBU INT YDS

---------------------------------------------------------

2003 12 0 0 0 0

2004 9 7 1 0 0

2005 12 52 5 2 14

2006 13 98 6 2 52

---------------------------------------------------------

Totals 46 157 12 4 66

Duke goes to the PS, kaz.

I don't doubt it,He'll be there inless a guy like Busing or jones goes down.

But he could be em out if he shows Kilmer type stuff to special teams.

Ah. It just wouldn't be a Bengals draft without two guys from the same school. :lol:

atleast different sides of the football.

PS,I'm not saying he'll make the team just that he has a chance by being a special teams ace but more then likely he's a PS guy who remain so inless 1-2 other guys go down.

But can anyone name the last Notre Dame player to play for the Bengals? It's been awhile and there haven't been many. I can name the last two and I know what position the other guy played but never made the field.

None that I can remember recently.

According to my 2001 media guide there have been 8 total...

Mike Brennan, Jim Browner, Ross Browner, Tom Carter, Mike Doughty, Oliver Gibson, Karmeeleyah McGill, Ray Zellars.

Gibson would be most recent unless there have been some undrafted FA's since 2001.

But can anyone name the last Notre Dame player to play for the Bengals? It's been awhile and there haven't been many. I can name the last two and I know what position the other guy played but never made the field.

Mike Brennan, Jim Browner, Ross Browner, Tom Carter, Mike Doughty, Oliver Gibson, Karmeeleyah McGill, Ray Zellars.

Gibson would be most recent unless there have been some undrafted FA's since 2001.

Jeff Burris was one, and also Ricardo McDonald.

Right about Burris, but McDonald went to Pitt.

Right about Burris, but McDonald went to Pitt.

I'm sorry he had a twin brother that went to Notre Dame, Devon MacDonald that also played LB

http://www.twinstuff.com/twinsnfl.htm