Marvin Today

Spoke very highly of Ted Ginn Jr. He is in consideration at #18. (smoke screen? don't be suprised if it's not - remember Chris Perry was a bit of suprise when he was picked)

Chris Perry may not be ready for Georgetown camp - "not as far along as they'd hoped at this point"

Spoke highly of DeShawn Wynn (my 2nd round pick favorite)

-------

IMHO, there's no defenders in this draft that are going to make a huge impact where the Bengals' have picks.

It's why they signed Myers and are looking at Hartwell for one.

With Henry gone the 1st 8 games of the season, and Perry questionable going into the season, and probably not nearly in good enough shape to contribute any time soon, offense on day one looks more and more possible.

With Henry gone the 1st 8 games of the season, and Perry questionable going into the season, and probably not nearly in good enough shape to contribute any time soon, offense on day one looks more and more possible.

Should they burn 18 on offense, I predict that the following will appear as threads/comments within approximately 0:30 seconds of the pick:

Get Mike %^&*ing Brown out of the draft room now!!!! &^%$ing Brown sucks!

0-16 here we come!!!

Bungles suck! I give up! I'm never posting again!

Offense??? WTF????

I also predict liberal use of the following smileys:

:rant::hammer::finger::blowup2::death::furious:

Spoke very highly of Ted Ginn Jr. He is in consideration at #18. (smoke screen? don't be suprised if it's not - remember Chris Perry was a bit of suprise when he was picked)

Chris Perry may not be ready for Georgetown camp - "not as far along as they'd hoped at this point"

Spoke highly of DeShawn Wynn (my 2nd round pick favorite)

-------

IMHO, there's no defenders in this draft that are going to make a huge impact where the Bengals' have picks.

It's why they signed Myers and are looking at Hartwell for one.

I just want to see them take the best player available... Excluding QB... If a #2 Corner is on the board, I don't want to see him picked over a #1 player. There are 22 #1 players on the board.

..............and I would like to add these smileys: :o:eek::puke::bag::baby:

and to Mikey::finger::death:

a little saftey and corner action would be nice. I think we need to draft a wide out just in-case Henry decides he really isn't best suited to follow even the simplest of laws in this country.

Should they burn 18 on offense, I predict that the following will appear as threads/comments within approximately 0:30 seconds of the pick:

0-16 here we come!!!

Offense??? WTF????

No doubt. Frankly, I predict all that regardless of who they take...this board goes schizo in late April of every year as near as I can tell.

If the top few corners are gone, and they go to Ginn, I won't be upset, by the way...

If the top few corners are gone, and they go to Ginn, I won't be upset, by the way...

Agreed. Unless he's BS-ing us, he's given Ginn a 1st round grade which is a good enough endorsement for me. I just wonder if he grades Ginn ahead of any of the DBs or DEs slated to go mid-round. And I guess that's the question Tennessee would love to know the answer to!

Frankly, I predict all that regardless of who they take...this board goes schizo in late April of every year as near as I can tell.

I'm more than a little surprised that nobody here has jumped the gun by calling the coming draft..."The worst ever."

Too much competition from some of those 90s drafts.

As far as Ginn, I think he's a bit of a reach at 18, and I think the chances that there isn't a difference maker available who plays D is low. I would want any of the following over any offensive player other than Levi Brown, Calvin J, or Peterson:

LB: Willis, CB: Revis, Hall, Ross, DE: Anderson, Carriker, Spencer, S: Griffin

The only way that all those guys are gone is if Bowe, Meachem, and Lynch are all passed over to the Bengals, as well as all of the 2nd tier of QBs. That would mean that, over the first 17 picks of the draft, only 2QBs, 1 WR, and 1 RB are selected. I just don't see it. I think there will be a pretty good defender available.

In the event that happens, I'd rather get Lynch, or trade down. I might not scream if they took Grubbs and groomed him for a year to take over the next OL position that opens up.

Frankly, I predict all that regardless of who they take...this board goes schizo in late April of every year as near as I can tell.

I'm more than a little surprised that nobody here has jumped the gun by calling the coming draft..."The worst ever."

The only one talking about WDE anymore is you, Hair......I even started a thread to openly/publicly proclaim how wrong I was.

then again, you seem to need things to complain about to be happy, err, uh, content here.

The only one talking about WDE anymore is you, Hair......I even started a thread to openly/publicly proclaim how wrong I was.

then again, you seem to need things to complain about to be happy, err, uh, content here.

So I'm a constant complainer? Well, that's rich. It seems like most of the time I'm getting banged on for being a blatant homer who always tries to put a shiney spin on things.

rich it is, then

your cup runneth over

Well, it could be worse I guess. I could have been one of the apoplectic fugtards who whined for months that last years draft was the worst ever when it was actually quite good. I can only imagine how tough it might be trying to get over that kind of embarrassment. I mean c'mon, first you had to admit your mistake, and then you have to sit there like a dink whenever someone reminds you about the days, weeks, and months that you and your ilk engaged in a fit of supreme hiss.

But look on the bright side. Your example serves as a warning to others.

:sure:

If they are willing to blow a 1st round pick on Ted Ginn for 8 games to replace Chris Henry then we have one of if not the worst FO's in the game. Henry's suspension should be irrelevant in terms of our first rounder, think long term.

I'm not against 'reaches' as Marvin has been successful with them but Wynn would be a big reach in the 2nd for a backup offensive player, again, not in the best interest of the team. Tony Hunt maybe...

Unless it's Ryan Kalil in the 2nd (not going to happen I dont think), I will be very aggravated if we take an offensive player in day one.

0-16 here we come!!!

Offense??? WTF????

I'll get it started w/o the dramatic graphics.

With the 18th pick of the NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select Tedd Ginn of Ohio State.....

Why in the flark would the Bengals press the panic button and pick a WR at all in the 1st when there's a bunch of bigger bodied ones with better immediate receiving skills than Ginn in Day 2. No doubt Carson would love the deep threat and the return abilities would be a welcomed sight, but if the Bengals are looking for those 2 qualities out of a WR/KR who's undersized for the NFL, once again there's several blazing fast ones with comparable receiving skills available in Day 2. :wacko:

With the 18th pick.....Greg Olsen....

A wasted pick if there ever was one. Even worse than Chris Perry for a 2nd round talent at best to go this high in the draft. He'll make Mike Brown as proud as Sean Brewer did and probably will last about as long in the league. Olsen will get plastered and owned. Let some other team draft this chunk of waste. :lol:

With the 18th pick....Levi Brown

This guy shouldn't be confused with Jammal Brown or Marcus McNeil. He's not as good of a prospect at either side, but does play decent enough for a guy with a pair of arthritic knees. The Bengals should have drafted defense but we've seen this before, so it should come as no surprise. :D

With the 18th pick...Marshawn Lynch

Wow. What a steal. He's a better prospect than Steven Jackson coming out. :bengal:

Given the age of CJ and Housh, picking Ginn would arguably be "thinking long term"...

True - but you don't draft in a vacuum. WR is far and away the deepest skill position in this year's draft, and we already have LOTS of money tied up in the position. Wait 'till the middle of day 2, and get a 'project' like Neganu - we have multiple seasons to train them 'up'.

No rookie WR is likely to help them during Henry's suspension.

Well, it could be worse I guess. I could have been one of the apoplectic fugtards who whined for months that last years draft was the worst ever when it was actually quite good.

Well, you could be one of the apoplectic fugtards who whined for months about others stating an opinion eventually proven wrong , even well after apologies were publicly made about same, never letting a very dead horse remain unbeaten for even a day.

Nah, that couldn't be you. No way. Forgive and forget all the way. :-)

Nah, that couldn't be you. No way. Forgive and forget all the way. :-)

This may surprise you but I don't think you have anything to apologize for. All you did was offer an honest opinion that just happened to be incredibly wrong. That happens to everyone...especially to overly emotional guys like you.

As for forgetting the mistake, no. After all, it's from our mistakes that we learn the most. And besides, the next draft is right around the corner and you can almost feel the way some of you are actually looking forward to blowing a forehead.

Thus, I made my little joke about..."Worst draft ever"...prompting your demand that I stop reminding others about your shame. But there's the rub since I never mentioned you or anyone else by name, and your daily protests prevent the sore subject from healing.

Happily, I don't mind a bit. (Probably due to the misplaced feelings of contentment that you think I suffer from.)

:sure:

*laff* ok big guy.

You don't want to accept that a guy can be wrong AND come to accept that later AND then apologize AND thereby stand corrected, so be it.

It's a good thing Head o' Flame never makes a mistake, folks, for he'd never be able to live with himself thereafter. Months and months later, even.

In any case, no, I look forward to the draft every year, eagerly and optimistically. I think most of us do.

Well, in that case, maybe you can find it in your smouldering heart (fire on the head, surely the heart must smoulder a bit) to consider accepting that the opinion I (and others) had of the 2006 draft was a case of my own (and that of others) personal "wrong half the time" allowance.

Unless you require all others to be right 100% of the time.

In which case, you can go straight to that real hot place they talk about a lot in church on sunday :-)