Bengals are on the clock

Spor_tees

Yes!!! Been waiting for this for a while now. You sure it aint today? Or do they not do it on Saturdays for some gay reason?

Who Dey!!!

Anyone want to take odds that the subject will be mostly concentrated on the defensive side of the ball? ;)

Everybody knows that Mel Kiper has us taking Jon Beason, which I'm not really feeling. I don't like the idea of us taking another undersized linebacker we have enough tweeners (Odell, Landon, Caleb). I think we are hurting at the cornerback job a little more then we are hurting at linebacker. I have lost all hope for Deltha first Mike Shannahan had washed his hands with him now Marvin is about through with him, it's not just a coincidence that this has happened on two different teams. Deltha needs to get what ever demons he has out of his life and come and play football.I don't want to talk about Ratliff, that guy is straight up AFL material. If Ratliff gets on the field next year I hope it's only for special teams. Have absolutely no depth at that position, what if one of the starters went down where would we be at probably scouring the AFL for help. If we don't draft anything in the defensive backfield in one of those first two rounds somebody in the scouting department needs to be fired.

Anyone want to take odds that the subject will be mostly concentrated on the defensive side of the ball? ;)

I don't know nfl network path to the draft said we needed to take a guard.

Did they see big Whitworth play last year? Whitworth playing guard does not have to worry about the outside speed rushers such as Dwight Freeney that much. That was the only thing that seemed to give him a problem last year and playing guard he will not see speed rushers on an everydown bases unlike last year during games. I have seen some mock draft predicting us to take a guard from Auburn in the first round, they saw Steinbach leave town and they are just guessing that we are hurting at that position now, not true at all we have great depth due to a underrated offensive line coach we have. I do believe we will draft an offensive linemen in at least round 4 just in case cross my fingers Levi knee does not hold up and Whitworth is forced to slide outside again. I don't expect that 4th round pick to be our number one backup on the line just more depth. I have even seen someone suggesting that we are going to pick the center out of USC in the first round, I don't see that happening at all but I have been surprised in the past.

Everybody knows that Mel Kiper has us taking Jon Beason, which I'm not really feeling. I don't like the idea of us taking another undersized linebacker we have enough tweeners (Odell, Landon, Caleb). I think we are hurting at the cornerback job a little more then we are hurting at linebacker. I have lost all hope for Deltha first Mike Shannahan had washed his hands with him now Marvin is about through with him, it's not just a coincidence that this has happened on two different teams. Deltha needs to get what ever demons he has out of his life and come and play football.I don't want to talk about Ratliff, that guy is straight up AFL material. If Ratliff gets on the field next year I hope it's only for special teams. Have absolutely no depth at that position, what if one of the starters went down where would we be at probably scouring the AFL for help. If we don't draft anything in the defensive backfield in one of those first two rounds somebody in the scouting department needs to be fired.

I agree with all of that except one thing: I don't even want to see Ratliff on special teams with his 3 yard returns. The only thing you can say about him is he didn't run backwards.

In an ideal world, we'd go CB-LB or vice-versa in the first day. Unfortunately, given their "best player available" theory, we'll probably get a DE, OT, or WR. Can't wait, could be hilarious.

The only interesting issue at this point is whether we'll be able to flip Deltha for at least a 3rd if in fact Marvin's tossing him under the bus.

I agree with all of that except one thing: I don't even want to see Ratliff on special teams with his 3 yard returns. The only thing you can say about him is he didn't run backwards.

In an ideal world, we'd go CB-LB or vice-versa in the first day. Unfortunately, given their "best player available" theory, we'll probably get a DE, OT, or WR. Can't wait, could be hilarious.

The only interesting issue at this point is whether we'll be able to flip Deltha for at least a 3rd if in fact Marvin's tossing him under the bus.

I'm sorry I didn't clarify that I was talking on kickoffs or punts, not returning the ball. He think he is Deion Sanders or something, I'm sure Deion can lace them up right now and beat him in a foot race.

I don't think we need CB that much more than LB... but I do think there will be a lot higher quality LB's in the 2nd round than there will be CB's. For that reason, I think we should take a CB in the 1st. Our LB issues can still be addressed quite well in the 2nd round.

I agree with one "slight" modification -- CB or S in 1st round; LB in 2nd. :sure:

If Reggie Nelson is still there at 18, I believe he we would be the "best player available" and meet our needs at S.

BTW, I believe this year the Bengals will go BDPA -- Best Defensive Player Available. :P

It's getting ready to come on if anybody is watching the morning edition of SC.

Thanks for the heads up.

The segment was pretty much as expected. Mel's pick is Miami LB Jon Beason.

Other things noted:

- Carson Palmer is the man

- Character, character, character! :rolleyes:

- Andrew Whitworth doesn't exist

- Offense is groovy

- Defense heavy draft

I'll take that bet... I expect 90% of the segment to be devoted to "character." <_<

I still bet those will be defensive players character first and foremost. :D

I'll take that bet... I expect 90% of the segment to be devoted to "character." <_<

I still bet those will be defensive players character first and foremost. :D

On that note I'm thinking about leaking a fake news story in which Willis is a member of NAMBLA, the KKK, the Nation of Islam, and any other dubious organization one can think off. Maybe I can pay some prostitute to claim Willis did dirty things to her against her will, something to make him fall to us @ #18.

I was watching some draft show in which they predicted the Steelers would take Willis; the Steelers don't deserve Willis, he's too good for them. I don't want him being corrupted by those piss colored degenerates.

Just can't see the Bengals taking an LB in the 1st unless Hall, Revis and Houston are gone.

In that case, I'd rather see them take Timmons over Beason. For all the OLB label on Beason, I didn't see him cover as well as he would need to. His strength is inside IMO where he can turn on his outstanding lateral pursuit and shoot gaps. He looks better playing sideline to sideline and forward than he does going back.

Timmons unleashes around the line better than any other Lb in the draft and gets back in coverage well vs. TEs which is important in the North. He'd add a hellacious blitz dimenson as a nickel backer and could very well swing all 3 LB positions in a 4-3. Plus he's the best non-returner teams player there is. The Bengals would get more mileage out of Timmons than Beason IMO.