Chris Henry mega-thread............

Kazkal

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2814869

Can you believe this, this guy can't stay out of trouble, I hope with the newer and tougher penalties for players that the Bengals can just release him and not worry whether or not he will make it to sunday without being arrested. He has a lot of talent but we are better off without him!!

You and the media need to stop being petty as hell, seat belt violation and improper turn, they are trying to put this guy under a microscope and you are falling for it. Get rid of him because he made an illegal turn and did not have a seat belt on? Get out of here with the stupid stuff, stop being a victim to the media coverage Chicken Little (The sky is fallen the sky is fallen)

You conveniently left out driving with a suspended license. Debate's easier when you selectively ignore evidence that kills your arguments, huh? Viewing this with respect to the totality of his behavior to date - how many charges in less than two years? - it could be the proverbial straw that breaks Marvin's back.

So we're talking about a guy who waves guns around, drives drunk and stoned multiple times, barfs all over a cop, has a hotel party with underage girls and booze, and after all that and multiple second, third chances he can't just obey the damned law. Doesn't show he has the ability to learn.

How many times you been arrested in the last two years? I'm up to zero, personally.

I'm a three time felon I'm sitting in Lucasville prison right now writing you, I'm first string for the all prison league. I'm with you cut him, I'm tired of him too you are absolutely right. I'm looking for a good cellmate.

Lucky for you, Henry has quite a purty mouth.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bengaldom needs to get a grip. KnuckleHead Henry only is caught this time with a suspended license? Cited for an illegal turn? No gun? No children in the back seat? No smoky smells?

This is what's called reformed behavior and he hasn't had to sit with the 3 time felon to get here. He needs our support.

Not my sister, or my stash, no not that kind of help. Forget that, but a shout out to Marvin to go easy seems right.

15 TDs going into third season as a third receiver > driving with suspended liscense, being a pot head, and sharing beer with underage girls

The gun thing in Florida was horrible, but I still care about touchdowns more than I could ever care about him off the field.

First, I think the depth at WR makes this less than what it is... Not a huge loss with the return of Tab, Chatman, and Brazell. Second, the Bengals can't just get rid of him for legal reasons, the NFL has to run it's course. Much will be determined after the NFL and the courts figure out what to do with him... That being said, I don't want him going anywhere at this point in time.

WHODEY !!!

How stupid can one person be? Seriously?

Dear Chris Henry,

What were you thinking?

You live in a fishbowl city like Cincinnati, you've had numerous run ins with the law and as a result of that combined with your football career, everyone knows who you are...and not in a good way, like they know Chad or Carson.

On top of all that, you have a suspended drivers license and you're one strike away from moving in with Pac Man to film a reality show next football season entitled "Who's Going to Be Tazered First?"

Knowing all of this, it's probably not a good idea to be crusing around Over the Rhine in an Escalade not wearing a seatbelt or using turn signals. Of course, I'm sure this is all the cop's fault for pulling him over, huh? Racial profiling and whatnot, right?

We the fans of the Cincinnati Bengals have had it. You are a very talented receiver and you bring height and speed to an already deep receiving corps. You're one of the best red zone threats any of us have ever seen, and your ability to stretch the field is fantastic. That said, we have all chipped in and bought you a one way bus pass out of town. You know, because you have a suspended drivers license.

Sincerely,

Us

BTG...it was racial profiling on the policeman's part. :D

What is his deal? Seriously...how stupid can you be.

And I am sure he was just out for a joyride over in Over-The-Rhine, right? Jeesh!!

Marvin has to be steaming with this most recent altercation. I wonder if he will do anything or wait to see if the NFL incorporates the "Three Strikes" rule.

First, I think the depth at WR makes this less than what it is... Not a huge loss with the return of Tab, Chatman, and Brazell. Second, the Bengals can't just get rid of him for legal reasons, the NFL has to run it's course. Much will be determined after the NFL and the courts figure out what to do with him... That being said, I don't want him going anywhere at this point in time.

WHODEY !!!

Well, if Goodell/Marvin keep suspending him, he never gets on the field, period. Also, I'm not sure when it's effective but supposedly the union and league are working out a more strict conduct policy that might allow the Bengals to can him.

That said, I have to say he has far more talent than Tab, Chatman and Brazell. It will be a damned shame if his dumb ass gets him run off the team, but those guys can't fill his shoes. Talent-wise, Henry could be a #1 receiver for quite a few teams in this league. None of the rest of those guys can.

But like I said, if he can't get on the field he's not much good.

Chris Henry was stopped for several driving violations last Wednesday. This may affect his parole issues in KY and FLA.

When will it end? I say it is time for him to go. Let him be someone else's problem.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...SPT02/703280352

Let him go? Are you freaking kidding me dude??? It was a seatbelt, an impropper turn and driving under suspension!!! WhooptyF**kingDoo. You guys absolutely kill me... Your right, lets let him go to another team where he can catch more TD's then that teams #1 WR. Driving under suspension and you want to cut him? I don't get it.

Chris Henry was stopped for several driving violations last Wednesday. This may affect his parole issues in KY and FLA.

When will it end? I say it is time for him to go. Let him be someone else's problem.

Let him go? Are you freaking kidding me dude??? It was a seatbelt, an impropper turn and driving under suspension!!! WhooptyF**kingDoo. You guys absolutely kill me... Your right, lets let him go to another team where he can catch more TD's then that teams #1 WR. Driving under suspension and you want to cut him? I don't get it.

Driving with a suspended license is a whooptydoo now? How about driving stoned and drunk? How about waving a gun at a cop? How about getting jailbait drunk? Where do you live, Compton?

The point is, it NEVER ****ING STOPS with this guy. He can't stop getting arrested and he'll keep getting suspended. We need players who can stay on the damned field.

Quite honestly, when they do cut him, I hope the Redskins don't sign him because I don't want this dips**t anywhere near me.

So many people are missing the point here. When Marvin discussed Henry didn't he say that the players have transportation at their disposal anytime they needed it? Yet this guy is out driving on a suspended license? I can understand the average person that NEEDS to get from here to there driving on a suspended license, but a rich guy like him with free transportation at his disposal doing so? This guy needs to be neutered, because this world definitely doesn't need a guy like him to reproduce.

I only have one last word: Stupid.

I'm not so much worried about driving under suspended license (you'd be surprised how many people do it) as I am that he was caught at 1100 Vine Street. Not sure what he was up to down there, but it really doesn't look good. You would think with all that's at stake for him he wouldn't be caught dead in an area like that. This guy clearly just doesn't get it.

1100 Vine Street is right at Central Parkway. It really doesn't say where he was going or coming from.

However, the Courthouse and Justice Center are a couple of blocks east of there and District 1 police headquarters is less than a mile north. Lots of police in the area so I am not surprised that he was stopped.

Driving with a suspended license is a whooptydoo now? How about driving stoned and drunk? How about waving a gun at a cop? How about getting jailbait drunk? Where do you live, Compton?

The point is, it NEVER ****ING STOPS with this guy. He can't stop getting arrested and he'll keep getting suspended. We need players who can stay on the damned field.

Quite honestly, when they do cut him, I hope the Redskins don't sign him because I don't want this dips**t anywhere near me.

Did he get busted for weed this time when he was pulled over? Did he have a gun on 'em? NO! You call him Stupid, I call him smarter than he used to be! Who in the hell can get anywhere without a liscense? I had to drive 6 months on a suspended liscense just this year... It's not a big deal.

No I'm not kidding. If this incident was the first then OK but the guy is on probation in a couple of places. Apparently he forgot that.

At some point you have to realize that this situation is never going to get better and it will affect the team adversely if it hasn't already. Bengals fans are trying to look the other way but if he were with the Steelers or Ravens they would be all over it.

The guy is trouble no matter how talented he is. And he will never catch more TDs than another teams #1 because eventually he'll be in jail. For a long time.

A conversation heard in the halls of PBS between Marvn Lewis and Mike Brown regarding Chris Henry's chase for Pacman Jones record of arrest in a one year span...

Marvin: Shoes, the men need shoes.

Mike B.: Yes, I've been after Katie for some time.

Marvin: No. Now. That boy ran off to find him some shoes, Mike. He wants to win. Same as the rest of us. More, even.

Chris Henry is quite possibly the dumbest person in the tri-state area. If he doesn't think the police are watching him and will bust his ass whenever he steps afoul of the law then he needs to get his head right, simply amazing this kid is in trouble again, amazing.

A conversation heard in the halls of PBS between Marvn Lewis and Mike Brown regarding Chris Henry's chase for Pacman Jones record of arrest in a one year span...

Marvin: Shoes, the men need shoes.

Mike B.: Yes, I've been after Katie for some time.

Marvin: No. Now. That boy ran off to find him some shoes, Mike. He wants to win. Same as the rest of us. More, even.

Chris Henry is quite possibly the dumbest person in the tri-state area. If he doesn't think the police are watching him and will bust his ass whenever he steps afoul of the law then he needs to get his head right, simply amazing this kid is in trouble again, amazing.

Nice reference to the film Glory ahhaha :lol:

He's got 3 months to do now. It is very likely his probation will be revoked. And that's 3 months of county time, not state time. Probably very little, if any, workout facilities. The sooner he gets the time over the better. Then he can start trying to get back in shape. He is what he is.

Wilkening over at Pro Football Weekly "guesses" today that Henry will miss substantial time in '07, and possibly the whole season. And one of the draft sites I check regularly in updating the mock draft database, New Era Scouting, offered this in their insider updates today (I have no idea if they are reliable or not):

We've heard that the NFL may look into suspending Chris Henry and Tank Johnson for eight-games and Adam Jones for the entire 2007 season.

FWIW...

The guy is dumb no 2 ways about it even so these are minor driving violations nothing that can be construed as serious like gun weed etc but it does look like he will be spending time in the lockup for violating his agreements.

I personally wouldnt give up on him yet he just needs a brain transplant and im sure we can arrange that :lmao:

How is driving under suspension a violation to probation?? You really think they're going to lock him up for this? Some of you are out of your skulls!!!

We are out of our skulls? I watched three separate programs on ESPN yesterday and all talked about Henry having to serve his 90 days and that he would be suspended for 4-8 games next year by the league and maybe even the entire season...I doubt all those people are out of their skulls too...