Marvin Got To Go?

cinci_bengals

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh? What is that all about? He let Steinbach go partly because of what's behind him, Andrew Whitworth, plus they have spent so much money on the offensive side of ball that at some point, someone was going to be let go. Steinbach happened to be the one.

Although, I would hate to lose Kaesviharn, if the Bengals success depends on them re-signing him, then they are farther away than I think.

As I wrote in an earlier post in reference to re-signing Kelly. If Carson wants him then I want him, period.

Fans who want Marvin's head have got to go.

Next someone will say Carson's got to go.

Huh? What is that all about? He let Steinbach go partly because of what's behind him, Andrew Whitworth, plus they have spent so much money on the offensive side of ball that at some point, someone was going to be let go. Steinbach happened to be the one.

Although, I would hate to lose Kaesviharn, if the Bengals success depends on them re-signing him, then they are farther away than I think.

As I wrote in an earlier post in reference to re-signing Kelly. If Carson wants him then I want him, period.

You've heard of idiot kickers, ... this is an idiot fan. Seriously, you either have to be 15 years old (i.e. too young to remember the 90's) or one who lives life as 'the glass is half empty'. Clearly, Marvin is our best option today, tomorrow, and at least the next few years to come. Clearly.

And in related news, the local "Moe is We" chapter reported Monday that an untrained recruit had escaped from a negative-think tank and was now at large on the city streets. The recruit was first beleived to be relatively harmless to others, but an investigation now points to an escapee who is dangerously amped up after being exposed to both high and low levels of negative wave therapy and massive amounts of sugary sweets.

Authorities warn that the escaped recruit has already harrassed several local residents by ranting about inactivity in free agency, poor cap management, and why Marvin Lewis should be fired.

If spotted, residents are advised to not look directly into the Moe's eyes, to ignore the rantings as much as possible, and most importantly to smile under no circumstances as a show of teeth is considered a sign of aggression amongst poorly trained Moes.

Last, while in the presence of any Moe a person is always advised to move very quickly, making frequent rapid and jerky movements, as this type of spastic action distracts and calms most Moes. In fact, it is now well known that slower and careful movements frequently result in Moe's becoming increasingly aggitated...leading many of them to throw their own feces.

It's not Marv, but someone else. Someone that I couldn't even mention because I don't know who in the hell is responsible for the cap. I just don't see how the Pats can go out and sign up all these players and we lose guys??? It just doesn't add up. Our offense will be great and the defense will suck like always. We may make the playoffs but loose out early. WE're not as good as teams like the Pats or Colts or Chargers. Where is all the money? How the hell do we loose guys and can't sign anyone? I don't get it.

It's not Marv, but someone else. Someone that I couldn't even mention because I don't know who in the hell is responsible for the cap. I just don't see how the Pats can go out and sign up all these players and we lose guys??? It just doesn't add up. Our offense will be great and the defense will suck like always. We may make the playoffs but loose out early. WE're not as good as teams like the Pats or Colts or Chargers. Where is all the money? How the hell do we loose guys and can't sign anyone? I don't get it.

The Pats are finally able to do this because of being unwilling to retain any of their own talent over the last several years, combined with an unwillingness to bring in high-priced replacements.

Honestly, the most impressive thing about the Pats is not how they are now capable of getting free agents this year. That is obvious. What stumps me is how they've managed to remain contenders without retaining their own talent, and replacing it with journeymen and draft picks. I guess they are exceptionally well coached, but probably more importantly, incredibly smart drafters.

Mayhaps a few more scouts on the payroll would be worth considering. Maybe that would make Marvin a better coach.

The Pats are finally able to do this because of being unwilling to retain any of their own talent over the last several years, combined with an unwillingness to bring in high-priced replacements.

Honestly, the most impressive thing about the Pats is not how they are now capable of getting free agents this year. That is obvious. What stumps me is how they've managed to remain contenders without retaining their own talent, and replacing it with journeymen and draft picks. I guess they are exceptionally well coached, but probably more importantly, incredibly smart drafters.

Mayhaps a few more scouts on the payroll would be worth considering. Maybe that would make Marvin a better coach.

Or perhaps they keep the key core players in place and let the one's that can be replaced go. Like DEltha and Tory, they should've been let go a year ago. Trade em' or release em when the stock is high. Simmons the same, maybe even 2 years ago... Let Shaun go, let Thorton go. Trade LJ for a draft pick. They've developed, we know what to expect out of 'em, they're not SB winning players.

I don't know, whatever it is the Bengals are terrible at it and I think it comes from the very top. "Our '07 FA period started last year" isn't a good enough answer either.

The Pats were right there this year for the SB, if they would've won against the Colts, they would've won it all. If I had to pick a team to win this years SB right now, I would say the Pats.

The Pats don't get anything out of their free agents. Just compensatory draft picks later on (which another thread points out the importance of).

They let guys like Milloy, Law, McGinest, Vinatieri, Branch, and now Dillon go, simply because they are unwilling to pay them the premium that other teams will.

They are actually straying from the formula that has made them great for so long. Maybe they were just so far under the cap after years of the same plan that they wanted to use the money for one more dynasty run. Who knows... but the point is, what the Pats are doing this year is the opposite of what they've done in the past.

You can hardly point to the busyness of the '07 offseason as the trend that made the Pats great for the last 6 years. It is the opposite of this that somehow made them more than a 1 year wonder.

He should be fired.

Letting a Guard who is replaceble due to smart drafting go, then no re-signing a backup DB while keeping a starting TE that's a big key to team chemistry.

He also allowed injuries to occur to Braham/Levi/Pollack last year, may have caused Kimo to go after Carsons leg.

I want Coslett back to be honest. [/sarcasm]

The fact that you see Reggie Kelly as an invaluable player who needs to hanging it up makes you an 11 year-old who puts too much stock in Madden ratings. Kelly is a great blocker, knows the playbook inside and out, has great chemistry, and is a presence in the locker room. His teammates love him, and that should be enough. We need to have him around.

And Marvin, that's such an idiotic thought that... I'm just a bit speechless.