What are the odds the Bengals will trade down

AMC

I hope one of them gets taken. We need a third rounder and I don't like either one of them in the first place.

As far as trading down, I could see it happening if all of the top DTs are gone. Remember the 2004 draft? How many spots did we trade down to take Chris Perry?

I rather have Caleb back then Landon any day. But I wouldn't be upset if someone got Caleb cause I really want the Bengals to get a 3rd round pick!

This draft is a lot like last year. There doesn't appear to be a tremendous separation between the quality of play you could grab at #8 versus #28. Therefore, I'm not cure why a team would be interested in trading into the #18 slot...unless it is someone like Denver and they have an extra 3rd to play with. Even then though, that would have to be a draft day move.

I go with about 65% right now.....

Interesting to see what happens with Landon and Caleb as well. Third round picks to be had there if the Bengals don't match any offer.

65% or you insane or something? The Bengals are not trading down they need too much help to trade down and there are too many quality picks to trade down someone is going to be sitting at the 18th pick that we need. If you use Chris Perry is a bad example because all he has been to me and the rest of the fans is a disappointment. Nobody is dumb enough to try and get either one of those linebackers and give up a third round pick, they are backups on anybody else team. If you have to start either one of those guys that means your team is in bad shape at that position.

Interesting to see what happens with Landon and Caleb as well. Third round picks to be had there if the Bengals don't match any offer.

65% or you insane or something? The Bengals are not trading down they need too much help to trade down and there are too many quality picks to trade down someone is going to be sitting at the 18th pick that we need. If you use Chris Perry is a bad example because all he has been to me and the rest of the fans is a disappointment. Nobody is dumb enough to try and get either one of those linebackers and give up a third round pick, they are backups on anybody else team. If you have to start either one of those guys that means your team is in bad shape at that position.

Even though you (and I) may not like Johnson, there are several teams he could likely start for, or at least contribute to. Just off the top of my head: San Francisco, St. Louis, Washington, the Giants, Cleveland, Miami, Indy, Tampa, Tennessee.

I rather have Caleb back then Landon any day. But I wouldn't be upset if someone got Caleb cause I really want the Bengals to get a 3rd round pick!

What's your rationale there? Landon is simply a better all-around player in every facet.

Caleb Miller is simply another overrated player by Bengals' fans, and not very good.

Landon is the equivalent of Brian Simmons' IMO.

Well, if we have a pick in the third round as opposed to not having one that would fill one of the holes that you speak of....And the player at say #24 would be as effective in "filling a hole" as the player at #18....

Which fills more needs???

1) #18

or

2) #24 PLUS a third round pick

:blink:

We could try to trade down if there are still a several players available that we like. This is likely since there are so many evenly rated players between 15 and 30. If the Bengals decide that one of their targeted players will still be there at the position they are contemplating trading down to, they will probably do it (like they did when they picked Chris Perry).But you need a partner who is willing to make a trade. You just can't decide to trade.

Because he's white?

Naw, because of his creative hairstyles. :lmao:

I love his emo hair.

Only way I want to see us trade down is no one looks be worth 18 on board....Ala Timmons,willis,Griffin,Houston "shudder" mybe hall,branch,Landry (ya right) reggie nelson etc etc

Because he's white?

Naw, because of his creative hairstyles. :lmao:

There's a fine line between creative and Amaechi.