Playoff Possiblities and Scenarios

schnarfer

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Jets win tomorrow night, I believe they are done (barring an Oakland win over NY next week). Frankly, I don't see that happening.

I hate them.

thats why jason taylor is going to be my favorite player for a night :sure:

Someone help me out so I can go enjoy Christmas with the family. Is it this simple: Jets lose to Dolphins or Oakland and we beat Pittsburgh we are in Playoffs?

If the Jets win tomorrow night, I believe they are done (barring an Oakland win over NY next week). Frankly, I don't see that happening.

I hate them.

Someone help me out so I can go enjoy Christmas with the family. Is it this simple: Jets lose to Dolphins or Oakland and we beat Pittsburgh we are in Playoffs?

pretty sure since the jets are now in conf. 5-5

while we sit at 6-5

so if the jets lose tomorrow they drop to 5-6 in conf.

and if we win next week and they win we end up on top with the 7-5 in conf. and they 6-6 at least thats what i think the case is :sure:

I hate them.

Looks that way to me after looking at the conference standings.

Not so fast.

(I don't have my contacts on right now, so you'll excuse my typos)

We HAVE TO WIN, next week, against the Steelers.

This is the most pressure packed game we'll have, and that's precisely the way the NFL wanted it.

well, kinda......they most definitely wanted the drama and gravity of the game. Their dfefneding SB champs being knocked out of the playofss I'm sure disappointed thme a steeny bit, especially after the improbable story book outcome last year.

Anyway, the Steelers would LOVE NOTHING MORE IN THEIE MISERABLE LIVES than to end out slimest of playoff hopes.

Next week is not a gimme by any means.

Let's not switch to auto-pilot just yet, fellas.

I'm suprised I'm still cheering for this team, much less giving pep talks.

UPDATE

2 Ways for the bengals to get in

1.)Raiders beat the Jets (ya right)

2.)Broncos lose to the 49ers(possible) Chiefs beat the jaguars (possible)

I still have hope!.... oh and we need get chad 150 yards ^_^

You left out the big one...Cincinnati beats Pittsburgh...Hey, it's our own playoffs! We gotta go with something after this miserable season.

Pretty much guaranteed that game will be on Sunday night. Anyone have any word on that yet?

Well the fat lady has sang yet but she's almost on the stage. If we want in the playoffs, we must win Sunday! If we do, we have 3 other games to worry about.

Cincinnati clinches a playoff berth with:

1) CIN win + NYJ loss, OR (I don't see the Jets getting deafeated)

2) CIN win + DEN loss + KC win (Jacksonville is going to KC but I don't see a win there) (49ers going to Denver)

UPDATE

2 Ways for the bengals to get in

1.)Raiders beat the Jets (ya right)

2.)Broncos lose to the 49ers(possible) Chiefs beat the jaguars (possible)

I still have hope!.... oh and we need get chad 150 yards ^_^

You left out the big one...Cincinnati beats Pittsburgh...Hey, it's our own playoffs! We gotta go with something after this miserable season.

Pretty much guaranteed that game will be on Sunday night. Anyone have any word on that yet?

The game is at 1 p.m. They moved the Green Bay / Bears game from what I have heard.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9817776

1) CIN win + NYJ loss, OR

2) CIN win + DEN loss + KC win

I wasn't aware of the second scenario (Broncos and Jags both lose) until I read this link. There is still some hope although not much.

I am concerned that some guys on this team will have packed it in by Sunday even though they are playing the Steelers.

I have tix to the Pitt game, yeah I'm a big fan, but I don't even really feel like going now after Sunday's game.

Oakland is one of the worst teams i've ever seen in the NFL all-time, the Jets will not lose.

And KC and Denver aren't going to lose either I'm guessing (at least both of them)

Although I am not impressed with Denver at all and it's burning my a$$ bad still that the Bengals' lost that game. Denver won't make it past the first playoff game - they are not that good.

What a freakin' choke job. So sick of being Bungled, frustration is coming out today here so hang with me - couldn't be grumpy on xmas. :)

I have tix to the Pitt game, yeah I'm a big fan, but I don't even really feel like going now after Sunday's game.

Oakland is one of the worst teams i've ever seen in the NFL all-time, the Jets will not lose.

And KC and Denver aren't going to lose either I'm guessing (at least both of them)

Although I am not impressed with Denver at all and it's burning my a$$ bad still that the Bengals' lost that game. Denver won't make it past the first playoff game - they are not that good.

What a freakin' choke job. So sick of being Bungled, frustration is coming out today here so hang with me - couldn't be grumpy on xmas. :)

I couldn't agree with you more. We should have buried that team. Fortunately for them, we couldn't get out of our own way. As a result, we gift wrapped a playoff spot for them at the same time, took ours and threw it in the garbage. I could deal with the Indy loss. But this one REALLY hurt. Not only because we could have wrapped up a playoff spot but also because we have twice the talent that Denver has. It goes to show you that talent doesn't mean anyting. You have to execute - oh and not commit a stupid penaly every time a big play happens; SEE: CJ: illegal shift on a long TD to Henry, offsides on an onsides that we actually recovered, defense holding - pretty much everytime the D made a stop on 3rd down. . . etc. . .) :(

Call me an optimist, but a lot of crazy things have happened in the NFL this year. Has anyone else noticed how the so called expert make their picks and the opposite happen.

Exhibit A-- Who picked Houston over Indy last week? Who picked the Eagles over the Cowboys? There are many others. The Raiders play good man to man defense and if they can find a way to score 14-17 points there is a chance.

Well the fat lady has sang yet but she's almost on the stage. If we want in the playoffs, we must win Sunday! If we do, we have 3 other games to worry about.

1) CIN win + NYJ loss, OR (I don't see the Jets getting deafeated)

2) CIN win + DEN loss + KC win (Jacksonville is going to KC but I don't see a win there) (49ers going to Denver)

I'd go with scenario 2 if anything. Only reason I can see KC win is because it's at arrowhead and I figure the 49ers stand a better chance than the raiders...

Just think of the alternate Shula. You have to sit at home for the next 8 months waiting for the next game. I shouldn't have to say this, but come out and root for your team, no matter what.

I don't care if we don't make the playoffs. I don't care what else happens.

We have one more chance to stomp on the Stillers. That is motivation enough for me to be there, screaming my lungs out, rooting for my team, having a great time. Who Freaking Dey people. WHO DEY.

Just think of the alternate Shula. You have to sit at home for the next 8 months waiting for the next game. I shouldn't have to say this, but come out and root for your team, no matter what.

I don't care if we don't make the playoffs. I don't care what else happens.

We have one more chance to stomp on the Stillers. That is motivation enough for me to be there, screaming my lungs out, rooting for my team, having a great time. Who Freaking Dey people. WHO DEY.

I'll be there. WHO DEY :bengal: