Playoff Possiblities and Scenarios

schnarfer

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you a San Diego Troll?

First off don't be an A$$hat and call me any kind of Troll. Second of all my opinion is based on real life and not blind homerism. San Diego had enough heart to come back from that deficit IN Cincy and beat the Bengals. On any football site you will see San Diego listed as the hottest team in the NFL. Cincy also played San Diego without San Diego's best defensive player in Merriman. So just shut up, sit down, and next time you want to call someone a name and shoot down their opinion come back with some facts and not some drool and dribble.

Okay, I'll play. TROLL! There, NOW I ACTUALLY CALLED YOU A TROLL. THE FIRST TIME IT WAS A QUESTION. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS SAY YES, OR NO.

:P

I BELIEVE YOU STARTED THE NAME-CALLING WITH THE a**h*** COMMENT. <_<

AS TO THE BLIND HOMERISM? DID YOU SLEEP THROUGH THE PAST SEVERAL WEEKS AND JUST EMERGE FROM A COMA? :blink:

CHECK MY SIG. :sure:

I THINK THAT ALL THE FACTS I PUT IN WERE , WELL FACTS. CH DID DROP A TD PASS. CINCY WAS PASTING SD 28-7 AT THE HALF. WE DO HAVE A BETTER ROAD RECORD THAN HOME RECORD. :yes:

OR DID YOU WANT TO CONTEND THAT THOSE THINGS ARE NOT FACTS?

As for San Diego, If you want to crown them, then crown their ass. :king:

:lmao:

:clap:

People drop passes...that is part of the game and it has nothing to do with facts that would point towards the Bengals being the favorite to beat San Diego in San Diego in the play-offs. One fact you pointed out yourself about the Chris Henry dropped pass, is that if he caught it, it would have given the Bengals a chance to TIE the game. If I remember correctly, the Bengals would have had to make a 2-point conversion even after that to TIE the game and that isn't a given. But if you want to use some dropped passes as your facts and excuses that would have made the Bengals a better team than the Bolts, then you really don't know much about football. If everyone listened to that argument, the Falcons are the BEST team in football because if all their receivers wouldn't have dropped all their passes they wouldn't have lost a game all year long.

Now if you want to say I must have been in a coma the last several weeks because I don't think the Bengals would have a good shot at beating San Diego @ San Diego in the play-offs simply because how the Bengals have been playing the lately, maybe you should read a national newspaper once in awhile. Yeah the Bengals have won 4 in a row :excitedgroup: BUT San Diego has won their last 7 in a row starting with the Cincy melt down. And like I said earlier, they are 6-0 at home this season.

I root fir the Bengals to win every game...but just because I say I don't think the Bengals would have a very good shot of beating the Bolts @ home in the play-offs doesn't make me any kind of troll, it makes me realistic. I'd much rather play the Ravens, New England, Indy, or any of those teams @ their place than the Bolts right now.

As for your sig, you can still be a homer and be realistic...well maybe YOU can't.

:hitler:

What a sad ending to what was a nice thread...

Well, all good threads must come to an end. :lol::sucks::death:

Here's to a good hijacking! :cheers:

:starwars:

What? This thread is not :locked: yet? :lmao:

Hey, sportie, it was all sarcastic humor, btw, just playing my role according to the rules laid down in the "Blind-Homer" "Moe-is-We" thread. Sheesh, now I will have to go dredge that all up. :D

:P

ROTFLMAO

I think it's a great thread despite the repeated attempts to hijack it. Lot's of good info on the Bengals chances to go to the playoffs, a slight break for some hilarious Steeler bashing, and an amazing series of posts where the biggest Woe is Me guy argues that it's still possible for the Bengals to earn a playoff bye. Finally, Tasher drops a Dennis Green nuke and we all fall down laughing.

The Blind Homers rule.

:cheers:

I think it's a great thread despite the repeated attempts to hijack it. Lot's of good info on the Bengals chances to go to the playoffs, a slight break for some hilarious Steeler bashing, and an amazing series of posts where the biggest Woe is Me guy argues that it's still possible for the Bengals to earn a playoff bye. Finally, Tasher drops a Dennis Green nuke and we all fall down laughing.

The Blind Homers rule.

:cheers:

Who Ah!

:flex:

And now back to our regularly scheduled programing... :gathering:

:bengal:

Yes, no more Bengals-Niners superbowls :-)

Don't look now, but thanks to the Seattle SeaCHOKES, it's still technically a possibility! With Seattle's loss to the Niners last night, San Fran now holds the head-to-head tiebreaker over the CHOKES (they also beat 'em earlier this year). If Seattle loses out (they have SD and Tampa to go) and SF wins out (against AZ and Denver) both will finish 8-8, in which case SF wins the division. At 8-8. :lol: NFC sucks!

As for a rematch: bring it on!

Henry would be found in a Miami hotel room unconcious before the game, of course. With the game in hand, but the 49ers driving for the lead, Johnathan Joseph will drop a sure interception in the endzone.

I'm assuming you're referring to the infamous Louis Billups interception drop in the endzone. Damn... Why'd he have to drop that?

Here's an article about the two guys that develop the scenarios for the NFL. It sounds like a lot of work.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...170423/1066/SPT

And here is the fruit of their labors.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9817776

Playoff Race Insider blog

http://sportsline.com/columns/weblogs/entry/9847051

http://sportsline.com/nfl/playoffrace

Games of interest today

Cleveland (4-9) at Baltimore (10-3) 1pm

Ravens clinch division with win and Cincy loss

NY Jets (7-6) at Minnesota (6-7) 1pm

Both teams are desperate for a win to stay in the wild card chase

Jacksonville (8-5) at Tennessee (6-7) 1pm

Could Jacksonville be flat after beating Indy?

Tennessee is 4-2 over last 6

Houston (4-9) at New England (9-4) 1pm

Important game if NE loses and Jets win

Denver (7-6) at Arizona (4-9) 4:05pm

A win keeps Denver in the race for WC spot

Kansas City (7-6) at San Diego (11-2) 8:15pm

KC needs win to stay in WC chase

SD has clinched division and is playing for homefield advantage in playoffs

Standings

http://www.nfl.com/standings

7-3 Ravens in the 1st....McNair in the locker room for x-rays. He got his hand stepped on.

That sobbing sound you hear is the entire city of Baltimore.

7-0 Tennesse over Jacksonville in the 1st.

Jets-Vikings, 7-7 in the first.

New England 7-0 over Houston.

Looks good so far...

Oh well, so much for that...TD Boller. NE up by 17 at the end of Q1 tho...