Joey Porter's Pitbull eats Horse

NYBengalfan

I've met some really nice and tame pitbulls, but I agree they should not be pets. You have to really work at keeping them nice for them to be good pets. The horse was probably a blessing in disguise. Better the horse now than some kid later. If you want a guard dog you should go with a German Shepard. They're powerful, smart, loyal, obidient, friendly, and good with kids. With them, you know you have great protection against a home break in, but you don't have to worry about some kid down the road getting mauled.

I've been around many pit bulls and IMHO they're great dogs. Period.

And they don't snap...they're just fearless, relentless, and have a higher tolerance for pain that any other breed of dog, and correct me if I'm wrong, but in the right circumstances those are all outstanding qualities. To be fair in the wrong situation a poorly trained animal with those types of physical capabilities quickly becomes a far greater problem than normal.

If there's a problem with a dog you rarely need look any farther than the owner to discover the problem.

That said, oh my...the dog ate a horse you say? :blink:

BTW, I read an article years ago about how popular so-called "superbreeds" of dogs are amongst NFL players. Long story short...far too many NFL players have to abandon or surrender their dogs due to not having the time needed to properly train or work them.

I've been around many pit bulls and IMHO they're great dogs. Period.

And they don't snap...they're just fearless, relentless, and have a higher tolerance for pain that any other breed of dog, and correct me if I'm wrong, but in the right circumstances those are all outstanding qualities. To be fair in the wrong situation a poorly trained animal with those types of physical capabilities quickly becomes a far greater problem than normal.

If there's a problem with a dog you rarely need look any farther than the owner to discover the problem.

That said, oh my...the dog ate a horse you say? :blink:

BTW, I read an article years ago about how popular so-called "superbreeds" of dogs are amongst NFL players. Long story short...far too many NFL players have to abandon or surrender their dogs due to not having the time needed to properly train or work them.

So what you are saying is that:

Dogs dont kill people (horses) bad owners (NFL players) do.

Just as Larry the cable guy says:

Guns dont kill people, husbands that come home early do.

Hell, I'm impressed. That's an obvious lack of discipline and training at work, but it ate a f**king horse. :blink:

I'm not a big fan of the pit bulls either.

:lmao: but it ate a f**king horse. :lmao:

I think that is one of the funniest lines I have ever heard! Reminds me of Chapelle show and the "commercial" for Samuel L. Jackson Beer came on..

The Shark ate me...he f**kin' ate me! :lmao:

You should have to have a permit to own pit bulls and two permits to own a preso canero, which is a pit bull x 2. The people who are attracted to these kinds of dogs are in general the worst owners they could have.

A former Bengal owned a preso canero, left him at the pound before he left town. I strongly think it was C.D.

It would not be too funny if it were your horse.....much less your kid and it happens all the time!

You should have to have a permit to own pit bulls and two permits to own a preso canero, which is a pit bull x 2. The people who are attracted to these kinds of dogs are in general the worst owners they could have.

A former Bengal owned a preso canero, left him at the pound before he left town. I strongly think it was C.D.

It would not be too funny if it were your horse.....much less your kid and it happens all the time!

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a preso canero? "Pit bull x 2"? Google turns up nothing.

EDIT: ah, never mind.

From http://dmoz.org/Recreation/Pets/Dogs/Breed...Group/desc.html :

The Presa Canario is also known as the Canary Dog, Perro de Presa Canario, and Perro Dogo Canario. Originally bred for dogfighting, it is probably the result, many centuries ago, of crosses between native dogs of the Canary Islands and mastiff breeds brought by travelers. The Preso Canario was almost extinct when, in the 1970's, it began to gain popularity as a guardian and the Club Español del Presa Canario was formed to manage the recovery of the breed.

The Presa Canario is powerfully built and has a short, coarse coat. It reaches 21-26" and 84-106 pounds. It is determined and forceful.

Just so you understand it, if you didn't read it... This is Porter's dog talking to the horse...

What’d you say, horse? There are linebackers in the league with a better all-around game that Joey Porter? WHAT? The Steelers are not a lock to get back to the Super Bowl? JEROME BETTIS IS NOT GREAT IN HIS STUDIO ROLE AT NBC? YOU’RE GONNA F*CKING DIE, HORSE.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

WHODEY !!!

I've actually seen two pit bulls in action before. My next door neighbor had a cat, and this guy who lived down the street had 2 pits. I was in the backyard and the cat was sunbathing on their driveway. The dogs came out of his backdoor, about 3 doors down. They saw the cat and took off after it, they leaped the fence, leaped another fence and were on top of it before the poor cat had any idea what was going on.

There was literally nothing left of the cat. Nothing. There was some fur, and a little skin, but they shredded that cat into nothing. Absolutely nothing. I stood there in awe and some fear too. I couldn't imagine what those dogs would have done if it had been a kid.

Oh and a quick question. Why in the Hell didn't the horse run away? It's a freakin horse for chrissakes.

The people who are attracted to these kinds of dogs are in general the worst owners they could have.

The old article I mentioned dealt with the way NFL players are attracted to superbreeds in the same way that they're attracted to fast cars, big rims, etc. Too many players are trying to one up their fellow players by getting dogs that are bigger or more muscular. The problems arise due to the lack of time players can devote to the dogs, and the number of examples where the animals aren't trained properly. They're formidable animals and they have to be reguarly exercised and worked, a task that is frequently too time demanding for NFL players.

Much of the article dealt with a pet placement agency actually hired by the NFL to deal with animals that were either out of control or abandoned by players. I don't recall the exact number of pets rescued but it was well over 200 a year, a fairly staggering number when you consider how small the NFL world really is.

So what you are saying is that:

Dogs dont kill people (horses) bad owners (NFL players) do.

Yeah, I'm blaming the owners who are in charge of training the dog. How hard is it to beleive that Joey Porter is an asshat who wasn't in control of his dog?

Look, regardless of what breed of dog you select you're responsible for controlling it at all times. If you can't guarantee that then please don't select any breed of dog. However, if you know how to properly train an animal then you should be able to have whatever breed you're comfortable handling.

I've had pit bulls earlier in my life, and I have two boxers now, including a 95lb male named Takeo. I've never had a single problem with any of my dogs, largely because I have a secure back yard, I always use a leash when circumstances dictate it, and I train all of my animals so that I can control them without a leash if the need arises.

So yeah, for the record...I always blame the pet owner and not the pet.

Just like I always blame the parents and not the child. :lol:

I'M AT WORK...EXCUSE THE CAPS....LOL

LOOK AT MY AVATAR.

EVERY DECADE HAS IT'S FEARED CANINE.

IN THE 70'S IT WAS GERMAN SHEPHERDS

IN THE 80'S IT WAS DOBERMAN PINSCHERS

IN THE 90'S IT WAS ROTTWEILERS

TODAY-PIT BULLS.

THE MORE THINGS CHANGE....THE MORE THEY STAY THE SAME.

IF YOU TAKE ON ANY PET.....YOU HAVE TO BE A RESPONSIBLE OWNER. *ESPESCIALLY* WITH ANY OF THE BREEDS LISTED ABOVE.

AS SOON AS I GOT RUDI......WE WENT INTO TRAINING EVEN WITH THE WAY MY COLLEGE SCHEDULE HAD BEEN. I MADE A COMMITMENT TO THIS DOG AND HIM TO ME. HE IS THE BEST OBEDIENT DOG I HAVE EVER KNOWN....ALL WITH HAND SIGNALS. SOMETIMES HE HAS TO BE REINFORCED WITH SPEAKING WORDS. BUT, NOT VERY OFTEN.

THE DOBERMAN BREED STANDARD IS A WELL ADJUSTED DOG....AND ONE THAT WILL PROTECT HIS OWNER IF THE NEED ARISES. I HAVE NO DOUBT RUDI HAS HAD EXCELLENT TRAINING. HE IS A BIG BABY, BUT IF I WAS IN DANGER HE WILL COME TO MY RESCUE.

BTW...MY CAT......"CADDIE THE PIMP DADDY" HAS A MEAN BITE. YA DIG?

MORE.....................Porters dog a Mastiff and a Pitbull entered a barn where the "minature"

horse (usually less than 36" tall) was in a holding pen. His dogs entered the pen and the horse could not escape......end of story.

I am quite sure it was the first time his dogs escaped the confines of his yard..........right!

I tired of dogs long ago, after growing up with several. I love animals, but they need to learn how to take care of themselves in the wild, where they belong. Not in my house. Most dogs are a bit too high strung for me.

And the slovenly/mellow ones always seem to be big tongue waggers and droolers. You can't win.

I tired of dogs long ago, after growing up with several. I love animals, but they need to learn how to take care of themselves in the wild, where they belong. Not in my house. Most dogs are a bit too high strung for me.

And the slovenly/mellow ones always seem to be big tongue waggers and droolers. You can't win.

I'm a big dog person, but had to switch to a smaller animal when I moved into my apartment. I bought a sugar glider and it's turned out to be an awesome pet. I definantly recommend them to people looking for a pet you don't have to walk.

Petaurus_breviceps.jpgflyn.jpg

I guess now after the game is over, all we've learned is that Joey Porter's bark is worse than his bite. Not so with his dog. Joey needs to be more like his dog. C'mon Joey! SIT!! Good boy Joey! Roll over Joey! Play dead, like you did all during the game Sunday!! Good Boy! Here's your "Scooby Snack!" :whip:

There was a story in my morning paper about the city of Costa Mesa awarding 225k to a family whose pet was shot to death in it's own back yard.

It seems two cops were chasing a couple of kids who were riding bikes without a helmet. The kids outran the cops and ducked into the home of one of the bikers. The cops knocked on the door and demanded to be let into the house without a warrant. A parent repeatedly refused to let them enter. The cops then jumped over a fence and approached the back of the house by way of a side yard. They were confronted by the family pet, a pit bull that didn't attack, but did slowly approach and "sniff the crotch" of one of the officers. The officer then drew his weapon and threatened to shoot the dog if it wasn't restrained, but then pointed and held the gun on a 16-year old teenager who offered to pull the dog away before the officer was bitten. The teenager was ordered into the house where he and several other family members were able to watch as both officers fired upon the dog. It was shot 15 times, and rather predictably died.

Enraged, the two eldest sons within the family sued the city for...get this....loss of use of personal property. They demanded the officer surrender his uniform pants to prove that he hadn't been bitten, as his official report claimed. The officer claimed the pants had been damaged so badly that he had thrown them away.

The teens also demanded copies of the radio chatter that was rumored to include laughing conversation between the officers about how..."they hadn't gotten the kids, but they had gotten the dog". The tape, according to other officers who had heard it, also included several minutes where the two shooters attempted to "get their story straight" and some talk about how nobody would doubt any officer who killed a pit bull.

Sadly, the police department informed the teenagers that the tapes had been erased. Happily, none of the suddenly missing evidence tactics worked and the teens were awarded 225k, money that they plan to use to move out of Costa Mesa as quickly as possible.

FWIW

There was a story in my morning paper about the city of Costa Mesa awarding 225k to a family whose pet was shot to death in it's own back yard.

It seems two cops were chasing a couple of kids who were riding bikes without a helmet. The kids outran the cops and ducked into the home of one of the bikers. The cops knocked on the door and demanded to be let into the house without a warrant. A parent repeatedly refused to let them enter. The cops then jumped over a fence and approached the back of the house by way of a side yard. They were confronted by the family pet, a pit bull that didn't attack, but did slowly approach and "sniff the crotch" of one of the officers. The officer then drew his weapon and threatened to shoot the dog if it wasn't restrained, but then pointed and held the gun on a 16-year old teenager who offered to pull the dog away before the officer was bitten. The teenager was ordered into the house where he and several other family members were able to watch as both officers fired upon the dog. It was shot 15 times, and rather predictably died.

Enraged, the two eldest sons within the family sued the city for...get this....loss of use of personal property. They demanded the officer surrender his uniform pants to prove that he hadn't been bitten, as his official report claimed. The officer claimed the pants had been damaged so badly that he had thrown them away.

The teens also demanded copies of the radio chatter that was rumored to include laughing conversation between the officers about how..."they hadn't gotten the kids, but they had gotten the dog". The tape, according to other officers who had heard it, also included several minutes where the two shooters attempted to "get their story straight" and some talk about how nobody would doubt any officer who killed a pit bull.

Sadly, the police department informed the teenagers that the tapes had been erased. Happily, none of the suddenly missing evidence tactics worked and the teens were awarded 225k, money that they plan to use to move out of Costa Mesa as quickly as possible.

FWIW

That's a cop for ya! I swear man, some cops are freaking retarded. I'm glad the teens won the $, but sad for their innocent dog :( . Pitbulls aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be. I've got a german shepard and I garuntee you she's more viscous than any pitbull I've ever met or known. Pit's get such a bad rap b/c they're always in the news. You never hear about a s**tzu biting someone, but they are the most common dogs to bite according to studies.