Lavar Arrington: The Saga Continues

The Big Orange

We will sign Arrington and Adams...don't listen to the crap they say on this board about not having enough money. We have more than enough. We will extend our O-line, but not until the season starts, that is what most teams do.

The Redskins are signing all of these big name guys to lucrative deals, and they were over the Cap. All of their guys, like Randel El are making a base salary this year at about $585,000 smackers, and aren't scheduled to make $4 mill until 2008.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Joisey.....I think they will sign him, so wanna bet?

I've got TBNT on the hook for the jersey of our new Day 1 TE...care to make it two new jersey's for me?

I bet we end up with Arrington. If we get him, you buy me his jersey (not the authentic one, just a cheapo Pro Shop version)...

If we don't, I'll buy you the jersey fo the Benalgs player of your choice, granted it is readily available (not the custom $350 version)..

Are we on?

Whur....their low year 1 salaries are due to their signing bonuses. Pro-rated or not, they still count...that is the over-hyped, total contract value is meaningless. This is the same reason guys still count versus the cap after they are long-gone...Warner was still counting on the Giants cap as an example.

Ok Joisey.....I think they will sign him, so wanna bet?

I've got TBNT on the hook for the jersey of our new Day 1 TE...care to make it two new jersey's for me?

Shoot, I gotta talk to Thingie and get a piece of that action, esp. after the Jackson signing. They're gonna take Pope in the 1st and royally tick me off, I guarantee it.

I bet we end up with Arrington. If we get him, you buy me his jersey (not the authentic one, just a cheapo Pro Shop version)...

If we don't, I'll buy you the jersey fo the Benalgs player of your choice, granted it is readily available (not the custom $350 version)..

Are we on?

Oh, WTF. Sure. May as well put my money where my mouth is!

-- HairOnFire admits I'm right about anything

-- I admit HairOnFire is right about anthing

I can't control the latter, but on the former I'd say we agree about a great deal...if not most things. Where we differ most, if not totally, concerns business issues. In a nutshell, I own my own business and it's safe to say that I'm quick to look for the owners side of most issues. That probably doesn't describe your own feelings, does it? Most sports fans couldn't care less about real business issues, especially if the owner in question is a bald bag of lard with sad sack eyes and a constant woe is me expression on his mug. And a miserable record of producing winning teams doesn't help. I get that.

But he's our boy, and I love the underdogg.

The popular theory is Landon and Thurmon inside, Simmons and Arrington outside. Pollack and Smith as the ends and Adams as the NT.

Wait, wouldn't it be Adams and Geathers as the DT's, Smith/Arrington (on one side) and Pollack (on the other) as the DE/OLB's, and Thurman and Simmons inside? (Landon would rotate inside again I'm sure until Simmons is done after this year)

Smith could rotate with either Geathers, or either OLB/DE hybrid, Sean Smith with Adams (or whomever they draft on day one).

This makes Justin Smith expendible IMO, if they sign Arrington.

Get 'er done MArvin. :lmao:

I want Arrington, I want Adams, I want that Chatman boy...I don't want to ever have to look at our bench and see a primate impersonator named Oha-anything and say, yeah, he's the best we got, put in the turd.

Merry Christmas Iffy, enjoy selling shoes.

Thanks for the kind words, it's nice to see that most of you bastards are still hanging around.

God bless.

I can't control the latter, but on the former I'd say we agree about a great deal...if not most things. Where we differ most, if not totally, concerns business issues. In a nutshell, I own my own business and it's safe to say that I'm quick to look for the owners side of most issues. That probably doesn't describe your own feelings, does it?

Oh, I'm just f**kin' with ya. :cheers:

As to Mikey: I skipped the "own business" thing because honestly I'm way too lazy, but I've done everything from independent contractor (where the true dimension of the horror know as FICA was revealed) to partner to wage slave, and I have no particular "evil boss" bias towards him. Heck, given his "loyalty uber alles" approach to business he'd be a great guy to work for. As long as you keep your mouth shut, you didn't for a long time even have to do your job to get a paycheck. Like Dire Straits sang, money for nothin', chicks for free. That approach wasn't real conducive to building a winning team, tho.

I remain thrilled he found someone -- namely Marvin -- and let him straighten things out, at least to a point. But most of his issues now seem to boil down to: I really can't afford to be in the business. To which all I can say is: if that's true, time to go, right? Well, Mikey doesn't wanna. He wants to stay in a business he claims he can't afford to be in, and so demands the right to do business differently than everyone else, and responds indignantly when people call him on it. The rest of the owners are a bunch of ijits who are giving away the farm? Well, again...cash out. Your franchise is worth $600-700 million, don't look to me for sympathy. Wanna stay in the game? Well, then buck up and compete. I'll cheer ya on.

Here's the field, from Schecter over at nfl.com:

The Giants have been anxious to add Arrington, knowing he could be the centerpiece of their defense. But they're going to have to outbid Arrington's former defensive coordinator Marvin Lewis and the Cincinnati Bengals; the Miami Dolphins, whose linebacker coach George Edwards already has coached Arrington to two Pro Bowls; the Philadelphia Eagles, who have been monitoring Arrington's whereabouts on an almost daily basis; and the Jacksonville Jaguars

Hmmmm....Giants vs. Bengals vs. Eagles vs. Dolphins vs. Jaguars...Joisey's Law of Free Agency says our chances are...well...0%. We'll see if it holds true again.

I look at it this way i will beleive it when i see it i get tired of hoping and wishing guys come in here and they dont. If they dont hurry up Adams will sign with someone else and Hobson on the bengals.com said there is no word of Arrington coming here at all and doubts it will happen. Whether he knows or not i dont know but like i said ill beleive all this when i see it happen.

I look at it this way i will beleive it when i see it i get tired of hoping and wishing guys come in here and they dont. If they dont hurry up Adams will sign with someone else and Hobson on the bengals.com said there is no word of Arrington coming here at all and doubts it will happen. Whether he knows or not i dont know but like i said ill beleive all this when i see it happen.

You're still not bitter over Warren Sapp and Troy Vincent, are you? ;)

From Lance Mcalister's blog,for what it's worth.

From my Bengals "peeps"

LaVar has spoken with Marvin, letting him know he wants to play for Cincinnati. The Bengals are in a bind to a certain extent.. They have Walter's deal to make a decision on and expect teams to make runs at both Kelley Washington and Jermei Johnson. And, of course, they need to get a QB signed. So without knowing what might be offered to Washington or Johnson the Bengals can't determine what is left or exactly how to proceed.

QB's in the mix also include Kerry Collins and a possible deal for Patrick Ramsey.The Bengals don't want to get caught in a financial bind that prevents them from taking care of their OL.They are looking at options to help them out that include who to cut and who to renegotiate with.