All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. To be fair, there is recent precedent for a Bengals 2nd round trade-up (Cam Taylor-Britt). So perhaps it's not as out there as it feels to Bengals geezers like the lot of us. Normally I am anti-trade up, but in what I perceive to be a Super Bowl window, I'm all in. I don't care about extra picks. Go get me a high-level starter if you think he's on the board.
  3. agreed, Army I'd love to see them do something crazy (for them, that is) and end up losing all but one of their picks in round 5 or later to get all but one of their picks into round 4 or earlier why all but one instead of all? to draft a Punter.....sorry Robbins, sorry Chrisman Id like to see them look at this year as the last year of the superbowl window, and go absolutely all in on quality
  4. I am comparing the two for what I expect Mims to be - injured, ineffective, or a healthy scratch I hope and pray I am very very very wrong
  5. Today
  6. I'm pro trade up for almost anyone the team thinks is going to be a good fit for what they need. I'm not going to fault them for being aggressive when sitting on this many picks. They don't have THAT many holes to fill.
  7. The only person I saw comment about Mims "Taking himself out of the game" was Nick Sabin. Not sure why he would be commenting on that, seeing as how he was not his coach, but ok. I think that's a bit overblown on his part, but he's an ANALyst now, so whatever get clicks and people listening.
  8. Smart sent out a Tweet (or whatever they call them) to Mims yesterday.
  9. They won’t do it, but I am pro-trade up for Newton.
  10. some Georgia bulldog fans seem to be in agreement Mims kinda took himself out of the SEC Championship game instead of it truly being injured. they are saying Kirby post game said he was cleared to play but he didn't feel like he could continue. some think he was dodging the issue.
  11. Yah, that one did give me Newton at 49. Garbage after tho.
  12. Profootballnetwork is the same way. Interesting to see.
  13. Another reason I shared the RAS on Mims, after I saw it, was the fact that not only have the Bengals not developed OT's throughout their history, they have not specifically drafted very athletic OT's either. When looking, the highest RAS score for a drafted OT was 9.15, with an average of 6.34. That's shit. Mims now represents the most athletically gifted OT ever drafted by the Bengals in the history of the team. People can compare him to Ogbuehi, but that's not a fair comparison either. Ogbuehi wasn't nearly the athlete Mims is and was a much older prospect when the Bengals drafted him. Mims is a MUCH better prospect by a long shot. I get the injury aspect and the lack of experience, but people also forget that Munoz only had 5 more starts, only playing 1 full season at USC in 4 and literally had 3 different season ending ACL injuries (2 in the right and 1 in the left). Am I suggesting Mims is going to be the next Munoz? Of course not. The Bengals have already noted they had him ranked higher than other defensive players and OT's that were still on the board. Fans don't have to like that fact, but the coaches have earned the benefit of the doubt. There, that was more trying to convince. LOL...
  14. He didn’t do them because he tweaked a hammy running the 40. He had a private workout for teams to make them up a couple weeks ago. We may not have them but the Bengals do.
  15. So PFF has updated their simulator so you can plug in the actual picks and start from round two. I ended up with Jenkins at 49, then WR Devontez Walker and G Cooper Beebe (at 97!!!).
  16. Bottomline is this. Bengals since Alexander have been dreadful in developing their drafted linemen. The retention of Ford and drafting of Mims probably leads to the departure of 2 drafted OL. Smith and Carman. So what? Jonah Williams - 5 star, 1 rated tackle out of highschool. Micheal Jordan 4 star top 10 offensive tackle out of highschool. Billy Price - started a freshman (red shirt) on a national champ team. Jackson Carman 5 stars, rated no. 2 tackle in his class over Sewell. The overall point is these guys are going to hit top shelf in every t-shirt and underwear measurement. Since Alexander the Bengals can't get any of them to start aside from Jonah Williams. Mims another 5 star, 2nd rated highschool tackle. I hate to sit here 2 years from now calling him a "bitch" because some dumbass coach can't figure out a way to get bona fide studs to be productive. That is just a line of failure. How many former 5 star players does Pollack need to draft in order to keep from giving up 35 sacks on a season?
  17. I was just sharing, not trying to convince. I honestly hadn't seen them. I like the pick and understand it all things considered. I also understand why some wouldn't.
  18. Yes Army. Love the measurables that were taken but thats about all he has going for him, imo, but also please note the most important OL measurements were not taken at all....short area quicks related aside: I'd like to them stop recording 40 times for OL. I mean, long runs by OLs are virtually nonexistent. I want to know how long it takes for the OL to get to the other side of the telephone booth, not the other side of the field
  19. WR? hork spit any WR we take will (injury aside) be no better than WR3 in 2024.....and thats if they are phenomenal just say no to WR
  20. Of all the WR's I would have zero issues with, Franklin is not one of them.
  21. Zierlein goes with Troy Franklin. He's been a popular choice. I still wonder how interested they are in a wideout atm tho. https://www.nfl.com/news/2024-nfl-draft-day-2-mock-bills-open-round-2-with-wr-adonai-mitchell-giants-nab-rb-jonathon-brooks
  22. Fuatanu is going to be a guard in the NFL. I wanted no part of him.
  23. I agree with several of you that they should be focusing on quality over quantity, and ergo should be using a few of the later picks to upgrade their earlier picks Since they picked up the new Ogbuehi in the first, I would be very happy if they picked up the new Fisher in the 2nd. One should hit. Probably the Fisher. DT or OT would be optimal. If there is a 3 down TE at that point, and I dont know if there is one in this draft (Bowers is a receiver only) that'd be good too Worst case, a IOL. The Oregon OC would be a phenomenal pickup at 49 Among the mocks I have seen it is popular to pick up a WR or RB (or both) on day 2. I want nothing to do with either til day 3 what the war room should be doing right now: 1. identify where they think Newton, Powers-Johnson, or one of the remaining high quality ORTs will probably go 2. call the teams just ahead of those spots and start wrangling a trade to get ahead of one of those spots
  24. That said, when Alt went unexpectedly at 5, and then the Titans (who wanted Alt) took Latham, I knew things werent going to go well at OT, and I truly expected them to go with one of the DTs, which wouldnt have been optimal from my point of view but would have been better than Mims It twists the knife in me just a little bit more that the Rapistburgers took the next best option at OT two picks later
  25. Trade up for Newton I would love to see it, they need another DT bad. Fix the lines and then go from there
  1. Load more activity