Burris

shworge

Well, I hope they could bring him back as an assistant DB coach, he apprantly did that sort of thing when he was injured, and did it well....Hopefully this means that they are about to sign Taylor....I've kinda soured on Vincent

on the web site it says just the opposite. It says despite the move it doesn't appear that they have signed a CB.

It does appear that something should go down real soon though with all the releases for cap space. I smell a major signing. Maybe Bobby Taylor for 5 years. ;)

They better not sign Vincent or Taylor for 5 years, Vincent is 32 and Taylor is 31. They said Taylor has injury problems whereas Vincent is a "young" 32 and should be able to slide over to Safety after a couple years of playing corner. They said he can still play at a pro-bowl level for the next couple of years.

I dont know, I heard despite the fact that Burris was let go, the Bengals do not appear to be on the verge of signing a cb. I hope what you say is true. What is stange to me is I would have released Burris before Hawkins............Imagine if we got both Vincent and Taylor, that would be nice.

If the Bengals make all the right moves, this can be a very solid team, personell wise, both offensively and defensively. It all depends on what happens in with the 3 major moves remaining. Who are we gonna sign for cb/ss. What are we gonna get for Dillion, and who are we getting in the draft. The last draft we had was excellent. Every draft pick that has played contributed. We already know the upside for Palmer, but if he struggles early there is always kitna. I dont think Rudi is some one hit wonder....he's the real deal. Jeremi Johnson is a solid fb. We got two future pro-bowlers in Levi Jones and Steinbech, not to mention Anderson and ol reliable Brahm. The receiving core is solid, Washington will improve, and if T.J. is retained and is healthy will contribute. Warrick has finally figured it out, and Johnson is a star player. Te position is good, I love Shoboel and Kelley is a veteran.

If they pick D line in draft, this Dline becomes very strong. Justin Smith has proven he can stop the run. And is and effective pass rusher. Tony Williams anchors the line. If we draft a DT like Will Smith, that would be a nice rotation with Powell, Clemons, Thornton. As far as LBS, Webster will do his jobs, and Hardy and Simmons are playing at their optimum positions. As far as the secondary, I was very pleased with Rogers Beckett last year, so if they cant sign Marion, there is nothing wrong with bringing back Beckett. Herring was nice before he got hurt, hopfully he will recover, and that goes for Weathersby too. Marvin Lewis has made good moves and safe gambles. If thse gambles pan out, watch out. What is also good is that we are youg at key positions. If we can obtain a secound round draft pick with Dillion, that would be huge! But first thing first, we most obtain 2 of the five (Taylor, Vincent, Marion, Logan, or Beckett)

Strange timing. If nothing's up (i.e. they don't need the cap space), why now? Maybe they planned on releasing him all along, but if so, why not before FA started? I didn't expect Burris to make the cut -- and I agree with the comment about bringing him back as a coach -- but this is just an odd move. Unless, of course, they're fibbing about a Vincent/Taylor signing being imminent.

Strange timing. If nothing's up (i.e. they don't need the cap space), why now? Maybe they planned on releasing him all along, but if so, why not before FA started? I didn't expect Burris to make the cut -- and I agree with the comment about bringing him back as a coach -- but this is just an odd move. Unless, of course, they're fibbing about a Vincent/Taylor signing being imminent.

That and I would even guess that he requested it and is going to retire. On the Bengals website, Burris did say he wanted to retire a Bengal.

Chances are you're going to see a double signing.... The release of Burris timed with a Bobby Taylor visit this weekend,and or the "re-structured offer to Vincent" means Cincy is serious about landing one of the 2.

The other signing of course will probably be Marion or Beckett coming back. Either way, You'll see Cincy taking either a Safety or a cornerback towards the later rounds, and no earlier than round 3.

With a possible starting 4 in

James,Marion,Herring,and Taylor or Vincent,we would have a formidable nickle with Weathersby and a decent dime package with a rookie safety or corner in the mix. Either way, unless forced to take a cornerback in round 1...Look for the Bengals to take a DT and a DE early !.

with as much cap space as it seems like they are trying to free up is it too crazy to think that they are going after Taylor, Vincent AND Marion.

Cause i heard on the radio earlier today that they were probably gonna cut Adrian Ross also. Which would free up another 1+ million.

Just a thought...

Cause i heard on the radio earlier today that they were probably gonna cut Adrian Ross also. Which would free up another 1+ million.

Just a thought...

Don't know if they can just cut Ross cause of his injury, they might have to work out a injury settlement with him....

I think Ross is coming back.... the coaches liked how he performed on the strong side, and probably feel he could serve us better as a backup strong side linebacker anyways...

plus he did beat out Steve Foley... and no bengal Fan thought he didn't produce.

Chris, I disagree. I'm thinking they dump Ross and promote Abdullah. At least hopefully. It would save us some money too...

1st, I agree with the release of Burris. Not only does it save money, but Burris really needs to hang up the cleats. He is just not big enough to play as big as he wants, trying to take on a TE like he was a linebacker. He wants to play another year or so and would like to re-sign as a Bengal and then retire, but another concussion could be a very dangerous consequence. I would love to see him stay on as a coach.

2nd, I'm not so sure its time to let Ross go. He's definitely the type of guy you like to have around the locker room and he was making all sorts of plays when he was healthy. I say give him another year to show what he's got, if he can't stay healthy or his production falters then Abdullah is still there to step in.

3rd, and last, Vincent would be my 1st choice out of the FA's the Bengals are pursuing. I like Taylor as well and would welcome him to the Jungle if thats the direction coach Lewis takes, but I think Vincent would be the most productive of the 2. I then would like to see Brock Marion in Stripes, this would give the Bengals secondary an immediate lift and make the Bengals sure playoff contenders next season. What I like the most out of all this, though, is the change of heart in the NFL towards the Bengals. Every free agent I've heard mentioned has said that they would like to play in Cincy, and that the team is headed in the right direction, they love the coaches and agree with what Lewis is doing here, and you just haven't heard that much until recently.

AHHH...I just can't wait to see how loaded the bandwagon gets this year.

I think mostly, you bring back a guy like Adrian Ross who played well in our system , before the injury , and now he's perfect insurance against injury to one of our starters..

Someone said his salary was like a Million dollars.. That's not too expensive to have as a " 4th " man in our linebacker rotation.. basically you have a 4th lb, that can start at anyone of the linebacker positions coming off the bench, and that's good football to keep a guy like that around.

as for Abdullah... I really think, Cincinnati should use him as a pass rusher on third downs... He's put a hand down to rush the passer before, and at 6'3 225 lbs, would be awful quick for a tackle to handle.