More Bad News

hottub

This just in: according to this:

The Steelers took their first step toward beefing up their woeful ground game by signing running back Duce Staley to a five-year, $14 million contract last night.

In the games I saw last year, Duce ran hard - he just didn't get enough chances to run. In my opinion, Staley is a lot better than Zereoue. This division just keeps getting tougher...

Yeah, but at the end of the day they still have a QB that throws too many picks, plus an unproven offensive coordinator...

and......

They've been Dicked as well. :lol: The Browns worry me more than the Steelers, and the Browns don't worry me.

Duce is a weak Dillon....with a questionable past....and injury prone too....Ill take Rudi.......yeah, it's gona be a tough divisional year.....and the past 12 haven't been????,

Carson Palmer over the top!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cj with a 1600yd year

KW with an additional 900

and Pdub with 600 and 5 return TD's......sorry if I sound optimistic

Duce in Pittsburgh is good for them. It gives Maddox, or whoever the QB will be, a check down receiver; they seriously lacked. If it's going to affect us or not, well that still remains to be seen but it instantly upgrades that position.

Dead on. With Bettis agreeing to come back for less coin, it was a "luxury" upgrade for them where the Bengals are concerned. The way the Bus routinely drives down the field on us, they hardly needed Staley. But this will give them another option against defenses less inclined to let Jerome kick their a$$.

You guys are exactly right. Bettis has been the Steeler's biggest weapon against the Bengals, head-to-head. In fact, if I were Mike Brown, and I heard that Bettis would accept $1m to play, I'd have offered him $1.1m to sit out!

But not everybody has that weakness. That's why Zereoue got the start last year. I think Staley can do everything Zeroeoue was supposed to do, and more, which makes him an upgrade who may improve the Steelers record. I agree they need a better QB, or at least better play from the QB they have, but anything that improves a divisional opponent's record is a threat to our getting to the playoffs.

Duce in Pittsburgh is good for them. It gives Maddox, or whoever the QB will be, a check down receiver; they seriously lacked. If it's going to affect us or not, well that still remains to be seen but it instantly upgrades that position.

---

The Steelers offense is lacking a quarterback... not a checkdown receiver...The main problem with them is who is under center and that's Maddox... To be honest with you, it's getting a little played out the whole" washed up qb comes back scenario"... It worked with Testeverde .. for 1 year...!!

It worked with ...Maddox...for 1 year... the same goes for Dilfer.. even though he had a great defense to make him seem different.. and who knows how many times Jeff George has resurfaced.. and now it's Brunell....

Qb's are like Pitchers.. when they don't have it anymore.. no matter how many last hurrahs' you give them.. sooner or later the crowd will stop clapping.! :angry:

That was poor coaching on The Chin....if he wanted his running game to keep up... they should 've drafted a running back last year..

The Steelers offense is lacking a quarterback... not a checkdown receiver...The main problem with them is who is under center and that's Maddox...

That may be, but giving Maddox a legitamate third option only helps him. A solution to the Maddox deal isn't soon to come -- personally I don't care who their QB is -- but there isn't a QB available for the Steelers unless they hit the draft.

with an 8-8 season is the glass half empty OR half full ???

If the Bengals finish 8-8 (or better) this season, I'd say the glass if half-full, because a lot of questions would have been answered, and because the team will still have upside. It's not even too bad if they win 6 or 7 - as long as Palmer proves to be a player and the defense significantly improves.

Of course, if they make the playoffs for the first time after twelve years, however it might happen, the glass is not just full, it's overflowing with Kristal!

Still got to disagree with you Kirk... The steelers have Plaxico Burress, Hines Ward, and Antwan Randle EL..., that's more than a lot of teams.. Now if you're going to tell me that Staley would be the 4th or 5th option.. then I'm going to tell you that maybe the steelers should hire a new Receivers coach to teach those guys how to get open !!! :lol::lol:

Also.... the steelers are now in the Tim Couch market... It'll probably come down to the Steelers and the Cowboys according to Espn.