Bengals' Palmer wins NFL award

oldschooler

Bengals' Palmer wins NFL award

Seahawks' Alexander also receives FedEx honor

BY MARK CURNUTTE | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITER

DETROIT – Carson Palmer and Shaun Alexander are the winners of the FedEx Air and Ground NFL Players of the Year.

The announcement was made this morning at the Children’s Hospital of Michigan in Detroit.

Palmer was scheduled to appear in Detroit at a news conference this afternoon, but he cancelled his appearance. He is in Los Angeles rehabbing his left knee following surgery Jan. 10 to repair two torn ligaments.

A $25,000 check will be presented to Cincinnati Children’s Hospital in recognition of Palmer’s winning the yearly award. It is presented weekly to a player, and Palmer won it five times during the regular season.

Alexander, the Seattle Seahawks running back and Florence native, led the NFL with 1,880 rushing yards and 28 touchdowns and was voted league most valuable player.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...SPT02/302010013

Congrats to Carson and praise to the O-line !!! Please Carson, take it easy and come back healthy !!! Children's hospital should erect a statue in Carson's honor for all the money he brought them this year. If I'm not mistaken, it was $5,000 a pop x5 and the $25,000 overall at the end of the season. If my math is good (it's ususally not) that's $50,000 total. I see a rename to, The Carson Palmer Children's Hospital... :sure:

WHODEY !!!

Glad to hear "something" good after the past few days.

I can hear Carson now...

carson%20palmer%20signing.jpg

"This award should have my team mates names on it too, without them I

wouldn`t have been able to win anything. They did all of the blocking and

catching. I just did my job and threw them the ball."

"Now please excuse me while I get back to rehabbing my knee...

I`ve got alot of work ahead of me and some Steeler ass to kick."

CONGRATS NOT ONLY TO PALMER, BUT THE REST OF OUR OFFENSE, TOO! AND EVEN MAYBE A LITTLE BIT TO THE DEFENSE......AFTERALL, ALL OF THOSE TURNOVERS GOT OUR O-BOYS BACK ON THE FIELD!

HOORAY! WHO-DEY!

SUCKS THE BEST QB IN THE LEAGUE ISN'T IN THE BIG DANCE.......NEXT YEAR BOYS! :cheers:

Well deserved. I'm don't want anyone to purposely hurt Kimo Von Kneecapper, but somebody owes him a bitch slap at least. Does anyone else feel like a wuss that the Bengals were tripping all over themselves absolving Kemo of any wrong doing. Even if he didn't do it on purpose, you took out our franchise and life's a bitch, now here's your a$$ whopping. Somebody needed to step up and grab Carson's back!

That's o.k., they have the entire offseason to review that hit. There's always next year!

Glad to hear "something" good after the past few days.

I can hear Carson now...

carson%20palmer%20signing.jpg

"This award should have my team mates names on it too, without them I

wouldn`t have been able to win anything. They did all of the blocking and

catching. I just did my job and threw them the ball."

"Now please excuse me while I get back to rehabbing my knee...

I`ve got alot of work ahead of me and some Steeler ass to kick."

He definitely would have thrown in "I am HONORED and FLATTERED to have recieved this award," he always talks about being flattered when people say something about an award he won or is in contention for.

I'd actually not like Carson to be compared to Peyton. Peyton showed this postseason that he can be a bad teammate, and proved that he is a choke artist in big games.

True, and you don't see Carson's parents trying to come out and defend him, like Archie has been doing with Peyton and Eli. I am truly beginning to think that Peyton is a spoiled kid who cannot take any responsibility for anything that happens to him or the Colts. I have seen games that the Bengals have lost, and the first thing Carson does is take responsibility for the loss, even if it wasn't his fault. He is a true leader and a future SB MVP.

Carson's greatest quality over Manning is that Carson gives all the credit to everyone else when they succeed, and takes all the blame with they don't. That is the sign of a leader that other guys support. Manning gets frustrated and does his finger pointing, and even played the blame game at the press conference after their loss.

Palmer hasn't reached the status of Manning yet... but his leadership qualities should allow him to succeed in a way that Manning has yet to figure out.