Time to give up on Vincent?

dcameron

From bengals.com

The Bengals are expected to get a counter proposal Tuesday from the agent for Eagles CB Troy Vincent, but Vincent is still going ahead on a visit to Kansas City. Linda Bodley said of the Bengals' offer, "It's something to work with," and while her client has the old Philadelphia connections with Bengals defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier, the Bills also seem to be in the mix. . .

The Panthers were supposed to be one of the teams interested in Vincent, but it hasn't happened yet. In fact, The Charlotte Observer reported that former Bengals cornerback Artrell Hawkins visited the Panthers Monday night after getting an offer from Pittsburgh. . .

Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis confirmed a visit from Redskins WR Patrick Johnson, a speed wideout he knows from their days in Baltimore. Last year, Johnson had 15 catches in 16 games with two starts for an 11.3 yards per catch average and a touchdowon, plus two catches of at least 20 yards. . .The agent for Bengals SS Rogers Beckett said his client is going to visit Tampa Bay. . .After visiting Cincinnati Monday, Eagles guard Bobbie Williams headed to Miami to meet with the Dolphins. . .

Maybe it's just me, but it seems as if Vincent isn't really that interested in being here. It seems like he'll play here if the MONEY is right, but it's not his first choice. I think it's probably too much money to be invested in a player that old. In my opinion we should give up on Vincent, and use that money we we're gonna spend on him to go after a different corner. I think Macklin from the Colts, Taylor from the Eagles, etc are still available. Or maybe even Warren Sapp... to fill the middle for a couple years??? It's just a thought :D

The " it's something to work with " comment told me everything I needed to know. This is right back to the days of fa's getting an offer from Cincinnati for the sole purpose of using it in negotiations with other teams. To me, its shows they are not bargaining in good faith and the offer should be pulled immediately. I knew Taylor was still an option, but are you sure Macklin is still on the block ???? I thought he signed somewhere. They're going so fast that its hard to keep track.

As far as bringing Sapp here .... sure why not ? Then we can keep Dillon and maybe pick up Owens while we're at it ............ hell with those guys here Superstar TKO may grace us with his presence again. ....................... B) just kidding.

Nope .... I like Sapp right where he is. One of the sportsrags was saying that Sapp is generating zero interest from other teams and he may end up right back in Tampa ..... and for less money at that. With teams fighting over the likes of Owens, and a couple talking about CD if he's cheap enough, it shows you how little regard the NFL in general has for Sapp. Hell ... Flutie could get a job quicker than Sapp.

End talks with Vincent and concentrate on the ones still available. It doesn't look like the Panthers are going to call ....... he did everything but get on a chair and yell into the camera for them. Let him go to the Bills. With all of the older guys they're adding to the team, they are going to go the same way as the Redskins of the 70's. Just like signing Bledsoe is causing them problems now, their all star geriatric defense will start to show cracks as well.

I was never a big Vincent backer, and soured on him more after his agent cited "Cincy is a good place to retire" as something that attracted Troy to the Bengals. (Haven't we had enough old guys looking for one last paycheck over the last 12 years?) Now he's going to sit home and wait for Carolina to call? I'm with redsfan: forget him.

I agree, at this point I think Vincent is playing the field waiting for the highest offer. I say wait a while and pick up a good cheap OG and maybe a DT...on the cheap also. Draft the best CB on the board and bulk up the D with the best available players after that. Lets not get to the point, like the 49ers, where we can't afford to pick up anyone because we're to close the salary cap (next few years). Agree???

I agree, at this point I think Vincent is playing the field waiting for the highest offer. I say wait a while and pick up a good cheap OG and maybe a DT...on the cheap also. Draft the best CB on the board and bulk up the D with the best available players after that. Lets not get to the point, like the 49ers, where we can't afford to pick up anyone because we're to close the salary cap (next few years). Agree???

Well, this year is pretty tight against the cap because we are paying for 3 starting QB's....That's right, Palmer, Kitna, and Smith, Akili steal counts for over 3 million against the cap....Thanks Mikey :angry: Plus another million on Steve Foley....That's 5% of the cap space on two players that aren't here anymore....And damn, two players that aren't worth it, and weren't worth it then....I however think the cap space should clear some in the next year or so when some of the Mikey money comes off the books. Plus players will be more willing to renogiate their contracts to give a lower number against the cap (Willie has already said that he is willing to do that this year to help) It's amazing what winning can do. Plus the team is getting younger, and Marvin has shown that he doesn't want superstars, he wants players....players are cheaper, and produce....Take at look at what the Ravens got with their new "Superstar" T O....

Take at look at what the Ravens got with their new "Superstar" T O....

Would the answer be nuthin' but problems!?! Poor Ravens! If there's a dog turd anywhere in the yard, they're gonna step in it! :lol:

You know, Jam 31 was all over the board when they announced the trade....Funny he hasn't shown up since TO threw a s**t fit about it.... :D

You know, Jam 31 was all over the board when they announced the trade....Funny he hasn't shown up since TO threw a s**t fit about it.... :D

Yeah! He already had T.O. plastered here with the comment "Me and Ray Lewis on the same field? Hallajulla!" I'm crackin' up now!

You know from visiting their Ravens Talk.com website, there are STILL some delusional nut cases that still actually WANT Terrell. These are the same kinda guys who still want their high school girlfriends that dumped them 10 years ago!! :lol: Move on buddy!! You lost!! :P

I partially agree. I think Vincent might give a buddy discount for Fraizer, but just like every red blooded American, he'll look for a kick ass offer. Look at the other big name CBs that has signed elsewhere this week, I mean they're averaging 6-7 mil a year.

He'll either end up a Bengal or a Chief...and only because he might not get to go where he really wants to go.. and that's Carolina..He lives there, and wants to play there.. and to be honest.. If that's where he wants to play.. I'd back off, ML already said that " he doesn't want players he has to get in a bargaining war for"..