Stat Rankings

B24

I know it's early in the season, but I just saw where the Bengals are ranked second in the league behind Tampa for passing yards allowed. On the opposite side of that they are ranked 28th against the run.

That's a turnaround. The Bengals in the past have usually sucked against the pass and been better at stopping the run.

Now if they could put them both together we'd have a top ranked defense and a boat load of wins. :D

Now if they could put them both together we'd have a top ranked defense and a boat load of wins. :D

They'll have to put it together if they want to win this Sunday. I fully expect Cowher to roll the Bus out of the garage early, since he usually averages about 8 billion yards a game vs. us. And Pitt may well have the best overall receiving corps in the conference; Maddox has lots of weapons to throw to. The one saving grace is that Maddox is right up there with Kitna in terms of INTs, and the one surefire way to make sure we stop both the pass and the run is to keep Pitt's O off the field!

Well, the Bengals would actually rank higher against the run had the fumble been called like it should have been....Soon after they gave up a 54 yarder I believe that should never have happened. take that out it's a whole different story, but that's football. I promise you that they will get better against the run.