Jags sign gram!

AGrizzlyBaer

WOO-HOO!!! WOO-HOO!!! WOO-HOO!!!

:):):)

A TWO-FER! Graham stays and TOAST is history!!!!

Looks like I start drinkin' early this weekend!!! B)

Why wait!?! Lets start NOW!! I'm ready!! Good Free Agent moves and deals make me thirsty!!

Whew maybe mikey really has changed. :o

My thoughts exactly. Guaranteed money. To a kicker. $4 million total, or near enough, if we win the division this year!

This sets many of my suspicions to rest. No way this happens if Mikey's still running the show.

Props to the bengals...including Mikey! :blink::lol:B)

a-hem. the first bad move of the offseason happened today in matching the jags offer for graham at 1.3 mill against our salary cap. Dont get me wrong, im exstatic about the release of hawkins cuz quite frankly he sucks. but 1.3 mill for a kicker who has only been with us for a year??? and making him top 5 pay of kickers??? that is a very VERY questionable move.

This only leaves us at like 6-7 mill with draft picks still to sign and palmers escalators, so we have like 2 mill now without cuts. Not a great place to be when all the good corners are getting swooped up and we are still without another safety, center, gaurd, DT, and corner. Will be interesting to see what marvin does here on out...im guessing more cuts, like 4-5.

Don't forget, jditty, that even had we resigned Graham at the tender -- and since he's a kicker with little chance of injury he would be a fool to want a long-term deal now vs. full free agency next year -- it still would have cost us more than $600K. So the "additional" cost to the cap is only about half a mil. (He's due $700k salary in 2004 per the enquirer plus $400k prorated bonus = $1.1 million vs. the cap.) Plus with the Herring signing, one of our two safeties (Roman or Beckett) won't be back, which frees up another $600K (their tenders) versus the cap.

I agree it's a lot for a young kicker, but he done good last year, solidified a long-struggling position, and at least two teams, us and the Jags, think he's worth it. Now it's up to him to pick up his game and get into the habit of booming kickoffs.

More cuts? Oh, yeah. Frankly, I could see a certain disgruntled running back getting his wish real soon...

if they can get something for him, yes, but if they just flat out cut him, it'll be after the draft. I know if they cut him alot more teams will be interested than they are now...

Burris, Tony Williams, probably on their way out as well....I have a feeling that we'll sign Chris Bober the Center from the Giants....he's pretty good,and he's young, and would solidify that position for years to come, and We'll find a cornerback...We'll probably add the d-lineman in the draft, and this is the best year to do that.

I like the resigning of Shayne. I can live with most of the short kickoffs, if he's effective at FGs and PATs like he was this past year. As for the money, didn't the Panthers pay John Kasay even more? Didn't think he had as good a year as Shayne did. I am glad that Marvin and Katie coughed up the cash, and signed him for 5 years. I can see him being the same kind of fixture that Jim Breech and Doug Pelfrey were when they were here.