Marvin in Miami

HoosierCat

Miami had their pro day yesterday and Marvin Lewis was one of 8 NFL head coaches who came to watch the show. Results are on NFL.com here: http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts

I'd say that's a pretty strong indication that one or more Miami players is sitting on top of the Bengals' draft board (not exactly a shocking revelation, I know). Given that Taylor will be long gone by the time we pick, and Wilfork almost certainly so, I have to think he was looking primarily at LBs: DJ Williams and Jonathan Vilma.

Edited to fix link (my bad, billy, it was the ")" at the end screwing things up.)

I'd say that's a pretty strong indication that one or more Miami players is sitting on top of the Bengals' draft board (not exactly a shocking revelation, I know). Given that Taylor will be long gone by the time we pick, and Wilfork almost certainly so, I have to think he was looking primarily at LBs: DJ Williams and Jonathan Vilma.

Now that's good news! I have absolute trust in Marvins player personell decisions. He has the touch and the know how. B)

By the way, I couldn't get the link to work, but you gave us the general drift. Thanks Joisey.

pdub,

no way can you drop such a bombshell then not post a link or not name sources.......I refuse to believe that on account of Marvin being there to look at DJ Williams and Jonathan Vilma and maybe also jotting some notes on Vernon Carey.......Please, do NOT tease me with the possibility of Sean Taylor, I do not think I could handle that.

I can't seem to find anything as of yet....but if I remember correctly the possible trade would involve us trading our 17th pick and Corey Dillon to the Falcons since they are growing tired of waiting for Duckett to come around with Warrick Dunn. Dillon would give them the inpact running back they are looking for behind Vick. However, we would then have to hope that the Lions do not take Taylor at #6. I heard they were looking at either Taylor, Roy Willams or Kevin Jones.

I heard the Bengals were going to trade Dillon and their 17th pick up to a higher team so they could maybe draft Taylor so that's a potential reason Marvin was in the house for the Miami workout.

Nah, I doubt it....because they already paid top dollar to Carson last year....they're gonna try and save money....I don't buy it....but it would be great if it actually did come to fruition

I would love to see Taylor in stripes, but DJ and Vilma are looking real good. Despite DJ Williams being slightly bigger, it looks like his speed and agility is more impressive than Vilma's. Vilma's interviews and leadership seem top notch, though. I'd love to see either of these guys in the first with a second round DT if we can pick up a good corner in Free Agency. It also looks like we could nab a decent safety in the third round.

I'd rather have that and an extra pick than a higher first rounder for Dillon. Truth is, we're not gonna have pro-bowlers at every spot, and we're not gonna fill our holes with the best players, but rather the best players for Marvin's scheme.

According to Bengals.com.. With all of the Safeties recently released, Kim Herring(Rams), Sam Garnes(Jets),and Brock Marion(Dolphins), kind of eases our minds at the safety positions. If We lose Beckett and Roman, I would expect to see Brock Marion or Sam Garnes become a Cincinnati Bengal.