Will Palmer respond?

walzav29

This (again) is the game where we find out if Palmer is special. Not Warren Moon, Dan Marino special. I'm talking Elway, Montana special. There is such a big difference in winning the division or getting the wildcard. If they get the division that put's them in a great position to get the bye, given Denver's tough schedule. This is the only team to stop Palmer in his last 13 games. He's 0-3 against them. It is time to exercise the demons.

This (again) is the game where we find out if Palmer is special. Not Warren Moon, Dan Marino special. I'm talking Elway, Montana special. There is such a big difference in winning the division or getting the wildcard. If they get the division that put's them in a great position to get the bye, given Denver's tough schedule. This is the only team to stop Palmer in his last 13 games. He's 0-3 against them. It is time to exercise the demons.

Look how long it took Peyton to exorcise HIS demons (the Pats). I think it's asking a lot to expect Palmer after about 16 NFL starts to already be performing like Joe Montana and Elway (by the way, how long did it take Elway to win a Super Bowl after some heartbreaking losses?). I'll settle for Dan Marino at this stage in his career :)

I think Carson will play a better game this time around. Last time against the Steelers he still completed most of his passes for over 200 yards. He had a touchdown pass called back, and one of his interceptions was a defensive line fluke.

The problem last time was our redzone offense sputtering, but we have been so much better about that problem of late. I expect Palmer to get us a few touchdowns this time.

I know it's all about the next game, but I don't care if CP goes out and plays the worst game of his career -- he's still a great QB with an unlimited future. One game doesn't make a career (unless its in the SB).

I offer total agreement. That said, Palmer can do himself a huge favor by proving he can play well for an entire game against the Steelers before the story builds into a Peyton/Pats monster.

Brat made a comment several weeks ago about Palmer's development being linked to his ability to not only read a defense, but how he had learned to simply ignore the things a defense threatened to do but were nothing more than disguises. Thus, my gut tells me that Palmer's struggles against the Steelers are a result of his relative unfamiliarity with their unique scheme and blitz packages. They do things he hasn't faced as often and when facing them he's behind the curve when it comes to sorting thru the disguises and feints.

Yeah, I think he'll get there, and hopefully it's this week.