2006=MAJOR FREE AGENT LOSSES

BULLDOG28

The entire starting offensive lines are free agents in '06. I was thinking about how and who we should sign. I hope that the priorities are Levi Jones and Eric Steinbach....and especially Steinback. He has proved his versatility, showed tremendous ability to play injured and has been solid to spectacular in every game since he was drafter. Many scouts say that he would be an even better Tackle than guard, and in my opinion, he is the best pulling guard and most athletic guard in the league (He's built like he could be a power forward). I think behing Palmer and O'Neal, he is the next Pro Bowl representative from the Bengals, as this will be his first of many. Jones has also displayed enough ability to warrant a long-term extension. Against Dwight Freeney, he was UNBELIEVABLE and will only get better. Keep in mind that he is just learning to play and Willie didn't become dominant until is 5th or 6th year. Speaking of Big Will, although he has been a great player and even better clubhouse person, I think he is the most replacable. Right Tackle in the NFL is the easiest position to replace, other than Right Guard where I also think that Bobbie Williams is expendable. Giachiuc and Wilkerson will be solid players at Center/Guard and Kieft will be decent as well.

The Bengals will also have to make decisions about Justin Smith and Brian Simmons in '06.

The Bengals will also have to make decisions about Justin Smith and Brian Simmons in '06.

I won't be surprised if they let Simmons walk this offseason. Best I can tell they save about $1.6 million in cap dollars by letting him go.

They might need all the extra cap they can get because extending Levi is likely a lot more expensive and cap heavy next year than it would have been if they had done it at the start of this year.

The entire starting offensive lines are free agents in '06.

Their contracts are up after the '06 season.

Here is the list for this year ...

Unrestricted Free Agents:

Jon Kitna (QB)

Kyle Larson (P)

Carl Powell (DE)

Larry Stevens (LB)

Hannibal Navies (LB)

Nate Webster (LB)

Marcus Wilkins (LB)

Rashad Bauman (CB)

Anthony Mitchell (S)

Reggie Myles (S)

Ifeanyi Ohalete (S)

Matt Schobel (TE)

Tony Stewart (TE)

Nicholas Luchey (FB)

Kenny Watson (RB)

Restricted Free Agents:

Kevin Walter (WR)

Kelley Washington (WR)

Jerami Johnson (FB)

Scott Kooistra (OG)

IIRC, the Bengals are projected to be like $26 Million under the Cap, we should be in Great shape for this off season.

There should be enough room to do some extensions and still be able to sign some FAs.

The entire starting offensive lines are free agents in '06.

Their contracts are up after the '06 season.

Here is the list for this year ...

Unrestricted Free Agents:

Jon Kitna (QB)

Kyle Larson (P)

Carl Powell (DE)

Larry Stevens (LB)

Hannibal Navies (LB)

Nate Webster (LB)

Marcus Wilkins (LB)

Rashad Bauman (CB)

Anthony Mitchell (S)

Reggie Myles (S)

Ifeanyi Ohalete (S)

Matt Schobel (TE)

Tony Stewart (TE)

Nicholas Luchey (FB)

Kenny Watson (RB)

Restricted Free Agents:

Kevin Walter (WR)

Kelley Washington (WR)

Jerami Johnson (FB)

Scott Kooistra (OG)

IIRC, the Bengals are projected to be like $26 Million under the Cap, we should be in Great shape for this off season.

There should be enough room to do some extensions and still be able to sign some FAs.

Guys we need to re-sign:

K. Walter, J. Johnson, S. Kooistra, and K. Larson

Guys we should re-sign:

J. Kitna, C. Powell (has been good in limited action), I. Ohalete (say what you want about him... he'll be a damn decent backup at a cheap price... we just need him to be a back-up, not a starter).

There is not a ton of money wrapped up in those guys, so like JPW said... expect to see some extensions on the guys you are worried about... along with some restructured contracts to Palmer and Chad, top keep them together for the next decade... and it would be nice to get a couple decent FA's too.

gotta keep= ^_^

Keep for cheap price= -_-

Let em go =>_<

"Unrestricted Free Agents:

Jon Kitna (QB)=^_^

Kyle Larson (P)=^_^

Carl Powell (DE)= -_-

Larry Stevens (LB)=-_-

Hannibal Navies (LB)=-_-

Nate Webster (LB)=>_<

Marcus Wilkins (LB)=-_-

Rashad Bauman (CB)=???

Anthony Mitchell (S)=???

Reggie Myles (S)=Um he's gona

Ifeanyi Ohalete (S)=-_-

Matt Schobel (TE)=^_^

Tony Stewart (TE)=>_<

Nicholas Luchey (FB)=-_-

Kenny Watson (RB)=>_< (let him go and find number 2 spot on a new team I love him but he'll never get play time here now

Restricted Free Agents:

Kevin Walter (WR)(gotta keep)

Kelley Washington (WR)

Jerami Johnson (FB)(gotta keep)

Scott Kooistra (OG)"

I think resigning Jeremi Johnson is of great importance, probably the biggest resigning of the offseason. He is quite possibly a top five fullback in the NFL, and has emerged as a real pass receiving threat in the redzone (has caught 3 of Palmer's 20 touchdown passes). He fits very well with Rudi too.

I don't see anybody from the unrestricted list that's irreplaceable. I'm sure Marvin will draft at least 2 LB's next year, so it doesn't bother me to see 4 backup LB's listed here. I'd bet that we'll re-sign either Schobel or Stewart, but would expect they'll have to earn their jobs (or, like last training camp, just not lose them).

On the restricted list, I think Jeremi is important to keep. The other three will re-sign for the going rate unless somebody like Billick The 3-7 Offensive Genius thinks he can do something with Washington.

He came in on weight yes. This guy was a legit RB in the big ten at indiana. He had to leave because of academics or weight problems , dont remeber. I remeber he was a force running the ball. The guy needs to drop some more pounds to become a star in this leauge. Is he an aboverage fb yes, but he could be better. I think the guy should play at RB weight and he could be the deal sealer we need. I love FBs Bettis and Alstot in there day added another dimensions to an O.