Trying to avoid a depressing weekend

Columbusbengal

Well, Michigan has let me down again, as I knew they would. Now I'm really getting worried about the Bengals. It doesn't look like a good weekend for upsets - at least not upsets by teams I root for :(

I heard that idiot Cowan Cowherd on his show the other day ranting about how overrated the Bengals are. It was really disgusting. He basically said neither the Bengals nor Carson Palmer had done anything to justify the amount of kudos they are getting. The really sad thing about losing tomorrow will be that the loss will be taken as justification for dismissing the Bengals as a threat again :angry:

In fact, losing to two of the three or four best teams in the NFL is nothing to be ashamed of when you haven't had a winning record in 14 years.

Well a note on Cowherd. That dick is always on the Bengals arse. He repeatedly bashed them yesterday, actually even opening his show with a tyrade on how overrated we are.

When called out on how the Colts had played an even easier schedule than Cincy, he says, "It doesn't matter, they're the COLTS, dude."

This is why I listen to Rome 99% of the time.

Well, Michigan has let me down again, as I knew they would. Now I'm really getting worried about the Bengals. It doesn't look like a good weekend for upsets - at least not upsets by teams I root for :(

I heard that idiot Cowan Cowherd on his show the other day ranting about how overrated the Bengals are. It was really disgusting. He basically said neither the Bengals nor Carson Palmer had done anything to justify the amount of kudos they are getting. The really sad thing about losing tomorrow will be that the loss will be taken as justification for dismissing the Bengals as a threat again :angry:

In fact, losing to two of the three or four best teams in the NFL is nothing to be ashamed of when you haven't had a winning record in 14 years.

Whoa, whoa, f**kin' WHOA bro!! :blink: You're acting as though the game is already over! Don't even think about tying the Bengals fortunes in tomarrows game into what happened to your "MeatChicken" college team today. The only thing in common between the two is the ball is relatively the same shape. THAT is IT! You're letting some chump with a radio show get into your head with his PERSONAL OPINION. Besides, he can't be too fantastic. I've NEVER even heard of him.

Also IMO, I would consider it an upset if Indy beat the Bengals in Cincy. They're heads are all swelled up over their impressive record. The same way Kansas City's was in 2003, and especially how the Broncos were last season, and we solidly beat those nags. I feel confident Marvin has the Bengals ready to do the same to these nags as well!

I Marvin We Trust!smilingmarvin1nq.jpg ...and he doesn't look depressed!

WOW!!

I had just the opposite reaction!!!

The BUCKEYES WON!!! Manchester United WON!!

All that's left is for the BENGALS to continue this GREAT WEEKEND :cheers:

WHO DEY!!! :lol::D

Troy Smith looked awesome today.

Im running a temp of 101.2 right now, my nights out were ruined on Friday and Tonight :( But a Bengals win would really bring my temp down.

I'm acutally a big fan of Cowherd. He does have a habit of shutting down arguments by saying things like "It doesn't matter, they're the COLTS, dude." but up to this point... that is the opinion of the nation as a whole, so it's hard to argue against until we settle it on the field.

He's been wrong before... and he always admits it. He picked Virginia Tech in the National Championship... and admitted that he was wrong about how good they were. (He's also primarily a colelge guy anyway... so I usually take his opinion on the NFL with a grain of salt)

And before you get too much on his case... He's a massive USC fan, so he likes Carson Palmer a lot, but simply thinks he's overrated.

The thing you have to remember though... before you can shut someone like Colin Cowherd up... you team has to do it on the field. If the Bengals beat the Colts, he might say it was a fluke... but more than likely he will say that Carson Palmer is better than he thought, and admit he was mistaken.

If on the other hand, he's right... you simply don't like him, because he has a more accurate point of view than you do on your own team. No one likes to hear their favorite team get bad mouthed... but you have to earn the right not to get disrespected... and the first step in doing this is beating the Colts. Otherwise... Colin Cowhere is probably right... and I hate that.

Bengals are 7-2, with the two losses coming from two of the best teams in the AFC. We were in position to win the Jaguars game but came up just short. Overrated my ASS, we can line our team up against anybody in the NFL and compete. Cowherd is one of the most ignorant guy I've ever listened too. It's not his fault, he's not an intelligent guy by any means. He sucks at debating when he is put on the spot. Derek, you need to start cheering for your team instead of dogging on them. We are clearly not an overrated team.

My beef with Cowherd is the fact the he DOES get owned ALL THE TIME by his callers, and he just cuts them off or blah blah's them when he's wrong. Same ol' sh*t every day. Again, I just choose to turn the station, except for this Friday.

I was shooting him stats via email on how Indy's schedule is actually EASIER than the Bengals. I mean, does anyone really suspect that the unbeaten Colts are less than the best because their opponents are 26-55? You don't hear him say that now do you?

Bengals are 7-2, with the two losses coming from two of the best teams in the AFC. We were in position to win the Jaguars game but came up just short. Overrated my ASS, we can line our team up against anybody in the NFL and compete. Cowherd is one of the most ignorant guy I've ever listened too. It's not his fault, he's not an intelligent guy by any means. He sucks at debating when he is put on the spot. Derek, you need to start cheering for your team instead of dogging on them. We are clearly not an overrated team.

Hey kentjett... try being a little more informed before you start calling people out. Go back through my posts and see how many times I have dogged the Bengals. I am a homer... and expect the Bengals to beat the Colts. All I was saying is that just because someone isn't impressed with the Bengals doesn't make them an idiot. This board is full of people that claim an "expert" is a morons every time they pick another team to beat the Bengals. Take of the rose colored glasses... and realize that the whole country won't be impressed with the Bengals until we beat a good team.

And Cowherd might not be the best debater in the world... but he usually wins debates, because he's usually right... it's easy to win when you're right. I think he's wrong about the Bengals... but only time will tell.