Uh Oh!!

LolaMoon

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2005/local/11/17/marvin.html

Reported by: Tanya O'Rourke

The Bengals drama continues to build. As 9News first reported Wednesday night, they've been given permission to start selling playoff tickets.

Meanwhile, tickets for Sunday's Colts game are extinct.

What a difference three years makes. After nine games in 2002, the Bengals were 1 and 8. This year, they are 7 and 2, and Marvin Lewis it will be 8 and 2 after Sunday.

You heard correctly, Bengals' head coach Marvin Lewis issued a guarantee of sorts. It came during a wide ranging conversation with 9News anchor Tanya O'Rourke.

You've probably heard the fallout from Marvin's comments on the county's suit against the team, but there was more: a prediction about Sunday's game.

O'Rourke: Do you want to hand the Colts their first loss?

Lewis: We will hand them their first loss.

O'Rourke: Come on, you want to beat them.

Lewis: I said, if they come in here undefeated, we will hand them their first loss.

O'Rourke will have more of her off-the-cuff chat with the coach Friday at 5:30 p.m. Tune in, then find the story on WCPO.com.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is going around... and I do not know what WXPO is? It looks like a Local News Station??

Opps.. WCPO.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=4834

LEWIS DISPLEASED: Lewis isn’t pleased that his comments in a Channel 9 interview were teased as a guarantee for a victory Sunday over the Colts. Asked if he would like his team to hand the Colts their first loss of the season, Lewis said, “If that’s our, you know, if they’re undefeated, we’ll give them their first loss.”

Lewis said it was unfair to promote it as a guarantee.

“It not like I’m guaranteeing a victory. I guarantee a victory every week (in that sense). You can write it every week,” Lewis said. “It’s ridiculous.

“What they did in my opinion is very poor.”

Lewis said he’s wondering if he should call Colts head coach Tony Dungy to let him know that he had no intention of guaranteeing a victory.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got this now too... Sounds like he said it... but, that isn't what he mean't?

:lmao:

You just know Chad is going to be standing outside Marvin's office when coach gets in tomorrow morning...

Chad (mock seriousness): Excuse me, Mr. Lewis, but what's this I see in the papers today about a guarantee? I thought we had had some very clear discussions on that matter.

Marvin: Look, they took me out of context, I didn't mean it as a guarantee...

Chad: I'm not concerned about what you meant, young man, I'm concernd about what you've said.

Marvin (looking down): OK, I'm sorry.

Chad: That's OK. I got your back.

Marvin (looking up suspiciously): What d you mean?

Chad: I called channel 9 and told them we'd win by 20...

:lmao:

You just know Chad is going to be standing outside Marvin's office when coach gets in tomorrow morning...

Chad (mock seriousness): Excuse me, Mr. Lewis, but what's this I see in the papers today about a guarantee? I thought we had had some very clear discussions on that matter.

Marvin: Look, they took me out of context, I didn't mean it as a guarantee...

Chad: I'm not concerned about what you meant, young man, I'm concernd about what you've said.

Marvin (looking down): OK, I'm sorry.

Chad: That's OK. I got your back.

Marvin (looking up suspiciously): What d you mean?

Chad: I called channel 9 and told them we'd win by 20...

HILARIOUS!!

I did one of my own... in reference to Marvin wondering if he should call Tony.

TONY'S OFFICE

Phone RINGS

Tony... Hello, Tony Dungy speaking.

Marvin... Yes, Tony. This is Marvin Lewis... you know, the coach of the Cincinnati Bengals. The team you play this upcoming Sunday.

Tony... Yes! Hello. I was just watching your interview with Channel 9 news.

Marvin... #@%$

Tony... excuse me?

Marvin... Uh... Uh... I mean, I wanted to call you about that and tell you that in no way was I guaranteeing a victory over your Indianapolis Colts. I mean, I know what I said but it isn't what I said. You know?

Tony... No, I do not know?

Marvin... Would you believe me if I told you I was cloned?

Tony... No! Look, I am not the one you should be talking to about this. I am going to connect you to Dwight.

Marvin... Dwight Freeney?

Tony... Who else?

CLICK

Dial tone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ha! Just poking fun.

That's the answer any head coach should give when asked a question like that.....if Indianapolis procedes to think Marvin went in front of the camera and performed what Chad did against the unbeaten Chiefs, that just means the Colts are struggling to find motivation during their upcoming contest......and if that's the case (well even if it isn't) the Colts' are in trouble. Leave Marvin alone, he's only been perfect (in Bengal terms) since he arrived in Cincinnati. The Colts' are reaching for s**t......first Carson said they we're soft and now this......I just can't wait to clear all this up on Sunday evening. Hope all the Colt fans don't disappear from our boards Sunday, like I know they will.

That's the answer any head coach should give when asked a question like that.....if Indianapolis procedes to think Marvin went in front of the camera and performed what Chad did against the unbeaten Chiefs, that just means the Colts are struggling to find motivation during their upcoming contest......and if that's the case (well even if it isn't) the Colts' are in trouble. Leave Marvin alone, he's only been perfect (in Bengal terms) since he arrived in Cincinnati. The Colts' are reaching for s**t......first Carson said they we're soft and now this......I just can't wait to clear all this up on Sunday evening. Hope all the Colt fans don't disappear from our boards Sunday, like I know they will.

What are you TALKING ABOUT?? We are poking fun at the situation! You are getting a little too touchy. And, if you have read ANY of my posts.. I have said... win or lose! I will be here! So, before you go talking about the Colts needing motivation... you should ask why Marvin feels the need to call Tony??

It has nothing to do with the Colts.. as you see, myself and one of your Bengal fans have been able to find a way to make light of it. Because, it is FUNNY!

Calm DOWN!!

I guess we can tell when gametime nears. Some people are getting emotional!