We've read all we can. Let's call it!!!

walzav29

I hope I'm deadass wrong, but I think Indy gets by our Bengals by a score of 27-24. The Bengals will attempt to run Rudi nonstop to keep the Colts' offense off the field. On defense, the Bengals will play a conservative gameplan to make the Colts have long drives...so expect a steady dose of Edgerrin James. After watching Willie Parker and fatass Bus run all over the defensive line, I hate to think what Edgerrin James will do (130 yards, 2 touchdowns my guess). The Bengals' offense will keep it close, but Indy gets the close win. If/when the Bengals prove me wrong, I'll be here to congratulate them and eat some crow!*

Colts 28-Bengals 24

Keys:

Bengals stopping James.

Bengals stopping Indy on third down. They are converting at over 50%.

Bengals getting a few turnovers-forcing fumble, tipped passes.

What is the effect of the bye week on the Bengals?

Is Indy looking ahead to playing the Steelers next Monday night?

Can the Bengals run enough to keep Indy's offense off the field?

Crowd noise.

does any bengal fan think the colts will win. you guys are optimistic

It swings both ways.... how many Colts fans are expecting a loss? Personally, I think these teams are too evenly matched to make a legitimate prediction... and since it is basically impossible to predict a final score, lets switch gears a little bit.

How many points will the Bengals have to score to win?

I say we'll need 27. Anything less seems to be underestimating how well the Colts offense is playing right now.

does any bengal fan think the colts will win. you guys are optimistic

It swings both ways.... how many Colts fans are expecting a loss? Personally, I think these teams are too evenly matched to make a legitimate prediction... and since it is basically impossible to predict a final score, lets switch gears a little bit.

How many points will the Bengals have to score to win?

I say we'll need 27. Anything less seems to be underestimating how well the Colts offense is playing right now.

good post shank.

yes it does swing both ways and i think the bengals have a great chance to win this game. the only factor i see giving the colts a better chance is defense.

the bengals are a turnover machine but 15 of those int's came against the nfc north. (i believe this is right). also 7 of your sacks came against houston. i dont think the bengals will generate pressure or be able to consistently stop the run. that is why i believe the colts will win.

now i do think the bengals can play with the colts and play well enough to win. i just think they will fall a bit short this time.

yes it does swing both ways and i think the bengals have a great chance to win this game. the only factor i see giving the colts a better chance is defense.

the bengals are a turnover machine but 15 of those int's came against the nfc north. (i believe this is right). also 7 of your sacks came against houston. i dont think the bengals will generate pressure or be able to consistently stop the run. that is why i believe the colts will win.

now i do think the bengals can play with the colts and play well enough to win. i just think they will fall a bit short this time.

That's a fair enough assessment. The Colts are one of the best pass protecting teams in the NFL. Manning never gets hit... and you are right... we don't usually have a great pass rush...

However... while we don't put a ton of pressure on the QB, we still force them to make mistakes. (I'll take turnovers instead of sacks any day). We've been able to stop teams from scoring without having to sack the QB regularly. Since no team is likely to many sacks on Manning, I don't see this as a huge advantage for Indy.

Also consider that we are in the top 6 in the NFL in not allowing sacks. Palmer has been excellent at slowing pass rushes with screen passes... so this severely slows Indy's greatest strength on defense.

Not to mention that over the last 4 games (where Indy has been allowing over 21 points/game) they only have 11 sacks... 8 of which have come against the two Houston games. That means that over the first 5 games, Indy was getting 6.2 sacks/game, and since have only been getting 2.75 sacks/game (and only 1.5/game against teams not named the Texans). I don't see their pass rush as being a huge factor in determining the outcome of this game.

Since Cincy has a +20 turnover differential, and Indy only has a +7... I believe this team has proven that it's turnovers are not merely a fluke. Indy has done it one way, and we've done it another. So you have to assume that both teams will attempt to assert their style, and control the pace of the game. Whichever team succeeds in this, wins.

I think our offense matches up well against Indy's strength on defense... so as a homer, I'll pick Cincy. You pick Indy... and both assessments are fair. Conclusion: It will be a good game... too close to predict at this point.

This game is too close to call. Yes Omaha, I'm one that can envision either team coming home victorious. Shank, I'm with you on 27 points for victory. This game could rival the 49ers game from a couple years back when we just kept hoping that we had the ball last :lol: . However both D's are good enough to keep this game from going into the 40s.

Going to be LOUD and PROUD on Sunday. Looking for a great game and would love to help Shula and the boys pop the corks.

Also would love to make the Colts mad enough that they take it out on some unsuspecting 'burgers in their own comfy environs next week!! Ya'll with me on that!? :cheers:

Colts 24 Bengals 17 (no turnovers for Colts)

Bengals 31 Colts 17 (if Bengals can get turnovers)

What is this "if" s**t? Make a call one way or the other!

Bengals 31

Colts 21

This game is too close to call. Yes Omaha, I'm one that can envision either team coming home victorious. Shank, I'm with you on 27 points for victory. This game could rival the 49ers game from a couple years back when we just kept hoping that we had the ball last :lol: . However both D's are good enough to keep this game from going into the 40s.

Going to be LOUD and PROUD on Sunday. Looking for a great game and would love to help Shula and the boys pop the corks.

Also would love to make the Colts mad enough that they take it out on some unsuspecting 'burgers in their own comfy environs next week!! Ya'll with me on that!? :cheers:

Back and forth??? Forget about the Niner game.....just a year ago at home against the Browns. Damn, what a good one! 58-48!