Interesting....

Bobcat Bengal

Don't stop, thinking about tomorrow,

Don't stop, it'll soon be here,

It'll be here, better than before,

Yesterday's gone, yesterday's gone.

And I nominate these classic Fleetwood Mac lyrics as the Official Rejuvinated Bengals Motto!! B)

So basically, unless Carson Palmer gets caught having carnal knowledge of a farm animal, he's the starter?

I think even if he did bang every critter in the barnyard, he's still gonna be the starter come the Bengals first game! :rolleyes:

There is no doubt that Palmer will add the deep pass to the offense. As scrappy as Kitna is he doesn't have the tools. Palmer is going in and the offense is loaded. Brady didn't play a down his rookie season and didn't play until the 3rd game of his 2nd year. Palmer will have twice as many reps as Brady. The only question is if Lewis can fix the defense. The Ravens are going to be brutal.

Just like in the Early days of Boomer Esiason. It looks as though our next Franchise quarterback will be stepping into the starter's role with a very good offense and little defense.

I remember the 1985 season , Boomers' first as a starter where we could run,pass, and score at will on just about any team. The problem was we were, winning those games 52-38. or 37-34 etc.etc....

Last years' shootout with the 49ers ,could very well be our situation each game this season. Oddly enough,the 2004 schedule faces the same teams that Boomer and a rookie Corey Dillon put up big numbers against. Anyone remember the Eagles game we lost 44-42, where after the game Boomer said.. "You'd think in a game where we score 42 points, we'd win."

You think Marvin i going to allow that to happen? I dont. We will lose some thats inevitable but we will most and i dont look to see many shoot outs like the 49ers game again. With Carson starting Chads yardage will only increase. I like Kitna, hes good and all, but hes a 8-8 quarterback at best. He is too inconsistent to bench Palmer. Now if we had made it to the championship game I would think otherwise.

So far, this scene is playing out pretty much as we speculated it would back in January. Lewis stopped just short of announcing Palmer as the starter at the combine, and instead said this isn't the time or place. That's not why we're here. Kitna added that coach Lewis had been open and honest with him when they talked, and when asked if that meant that Palmer would be starting replied that Lewis would make that announcement when he was ready to. In other words ....yes.

Willie Anderson and Chad Johnson both added sound bites supporting Palmer as the starter. Anderson saying how much of a help Kitna would be to Palmer as a mentor, and Cj saying I just run and catch it. It doesn't really matter who's throwing it.

It really doesn't take a whole lot of reading between the lines to see that the veterans and leaders are being brought onboard with the decision and are being enlisted to help shore up Palmers position as the starter. Even Lewis with his statements about the team being mentally ready to accept the change at quarterback and that he would stay the starter through tough times just like the guy last year is pitching his 2 cents in.

This is one that the guys on the board had pegged since the first 2 articles were released about Palmer in Jan. Now all we need is the formal announcement.

Just  like in the Early days of Boomer Esiason. It looks as though our next  Franchise quarterback will be stepping into the starter's role with a very good offense and little defense.

I remember the 1985 season , Boomers' first as a starter where we could run,pass, and score at will on just about any team. The problem was  we were, winning those games  52-38. or 37-34  etc.etc....

Last years'  shootout with the  49ers ,could very well be our situation each game this season. Oddly enough,the 2004 schedule faces the same teams that Boomer and a rookie Corey Dillon put up big numbers against. Anyone remember the Eagles game we lost 44-42, where after the game Boomer said.. "You'd think in a game where we score 42 points, we'd win."

I think the biggest difference in the two situations is Marvin Lewis. Wyche was an offensive coordinator, and leaned heavily on the defensive coordinator to establish the defense, and then pretty much took their word for it. Not saying that the defense will be the teams strong point, but like I said on another post ............ there's no way Lewis is going to put up with having the 25th ?? ranked defense for very long.

If that means new players, then I think you'll see them. If it means that some coaches heads roll, then I think he'll do that just as quickly. Either way though I think Palmer will have at least a competent defense to work with by the time the season rolls around.