Week 9 Power Rankings

Stripes

I think last night's game showed how far the Pats have fallen. They almost lost to the Bills at home last weekend, and they got manhandled last night. They never showed that 'Patriots Spark' that we're so used to seeing, and I think that they need help. The loss of Crennel and Weis has had a bigger effect than most imagined, and the injury bug has really killed them. That said, the Colts are pretty freakin' good.

Yep. Colts are very good. But I will say this about NE. They got blown out by Pittsburgh for the game of unbeatens during the regular season. This game really didn't mean anything to them (as the Pittsburgh game didn't also). They are still in the lead in their division and nobody is going to overtake them. I wouldn't put it past Bellichik (sp?) to have played his cards close to his chest once again - in anticipation of having to meet again down the road. Just ask the Steelers how he does it.

I don't think Belichick is holding anything back. The Pats are just banged up; little bill can only do so much with the horses he's got. Their schedule does lighten up in the second half, with Miami and the Jets both twice, tho. I suspect they'll squeeze into the playoffs, thanks in no small part to the lack of any real competition in the AFCE.