It Just Gets Better...

HoosierCat

Joisey.. how dare you say that.... Don't you know that personal achievements out weigh team achievements.

Just the thought that i could go to Hawaii for free (even though i get paid 7 million dollars a year ) is enough for me to choose going to a worse team that'll be playing the coaching carousel game instead of staying with a team that has put forth the effort to win a championship.

:angry::blink::(

I don't think anyone really knows how to use Kordell, including Kordell. He's not a very good pocket QB; he needs to utilize the legs more often or people will sit on his wavy and inaccurate passing.

I think he try's too hard to be Micheal Vick, and it ain't workin' too well.

I don't think anyone really knows how to use Kordell, including Kordell.  He's not a very good pocket QB; he needs to utilize the legs more often or people will sit on his wavy and inaccurate passing.

I think he try's too hard to be Micheal Vick, and it ain't workin' too well.

Actually Billy, I think the opposite with horrible guidence from the Bears coaches. They had no idea how to use him and I truly believe if Kordell is to have any success in the NFL, the threat of taking off has to be in defences minds. Most of the times when Kordell tried to take off it was to save his life and not a pass with an integrated read to run the ball if options are closed.

We know that Stewart is no Vick -- in fact no one is Vick -- but the defense sat on the ball way too much b/c they knew the Bears offensive coaches didn't either allow Kordell to run, audible to obvious plays or give him a chance to succeed. Every QB there is setup to fail, b/c I truly believe the coaching staff at the time believe Rex Grossman is the future; which is very questionable.

Actually Billy, I think the opposite with horrible guidence from the Bears coaches. They had no idea how to use him and I truly believe if Kordell is to have any success in the NFL, the threat of taking off has to be in defences minds. Most of the times when Kordell tried to take off it was to save his life and not a pass with an integrated read to run the ball if options are closed

That's true Josh, but sadly they didn't build the team around him to facilitate this, now did they? If they keep Kordell, they may try to help this out. :huh:

kirkendal said it all

(i hate QBs like this. A quarter back should pass not run. And if he has to run make it only to avoid sacks not because your accracy sucks and you cant thread the needle!)

C'mon now. You can't hate a QB that sees an opportunity to take off and run, and pick up the first down on third and long! That play is an incredible momentum builder for the offense, and a momentum breaker to the defense. I remember Terry Bradshaw in the '70's doing it time and time again, BUT...he only did it when there was absolutely nobody open downfield! Even though he was a Steeler, he's still one of my top five favorite QB's of all time!

QBs with legs are apart of the new age NFL. I agree with CJ, I've always been in favor of pocket QBs because they have 1,000 times less likely chance of getting hurt.

I disagree. If you play in either offensive or defensive backfield, you better have wheels to get you out of trouble! Look at Joe Thiesman. Pocket passer. Got sacked in the pocket no less, and shattered his leg. You have to keep the defense honest with the threat to take off on a scramble! Hopefully Carson is able to do so!! B)

Watch Carson's game films from last postseason..( may have taped them ). :lol: He actually slides back and forth in the pocket pretty well.

As to Joe Theismann, He wasn't going to be playing for that much longer anyways. He won a superbowl,he had a fine career....

But he's great on Sunday Night Football, and come draft day,He's usually the only one that will debate Mel "the Hair" Kiper. :D

QBs with legs are apart of the new age NFL.  I agree with CJ, I've always been in favor of pocket QBs because they have 1,000 times less likely chance of getting hurt.

I disagree. If you play in either offensive or defensive backfield, you better have wheels to get you out of trouble! Look at Joe Thiesman. Pocket passer. Got sacked in the pocket no less, and shattered his leg. You have to keep the defense honest with the threat to take off on a scramble! Hopefully Carson is able to do so!! B)

Marino did pretty well.

Michael Vick was hurt for the better part of the season too, when Atlanta was already out of it.