And to think that we could have had Heath Miller

Gregory Gall

Ehhhh....Miller is reaping the benefits of playing in that PITT offense....he's good, but Pollack is too.....as soon as they start using him to suit his strengths, Pollack will impress everyone...

And I detest thoughts like "We should have picked this guy, or that guy".....Yeah just like Chris Gamble over Chris Perry, right????

It's all about getting players that fit your system...and Marvin is doing a great job of that....

I don't think Heath Miller would have been as big a contributor here as he has been in Pittsburgh. As has been mentioned above, the Steelers offense is perfectly suited to allow Miller opportunities to make plays.

If he were a Bengal, especially as a rookie, he'd be no better than Schobel as far as making an early impact. He would struggle to get playing time in front of the current players, and would have fewer balls thrown his way overall considering all the weapons at receiver.

I don't think Heath Miller would have been as big a contributor here as he has been in Pittsburgh. As has been mentioned above, the Steelers offense is perfectly suited to allow Miller opportunities to make plays.

If he were a Bengal, expecially as a rookie, he'd be no better than Schobel as far as making an early impact. He would struggle to get playing time in front of the current players, and would have fewer balls thrown his way overall considering all the weapons at receiver.

100% accurate....

Does Bratkowski even use a tight end? I know there are a few on the roster, but you'd never know it on game day.

Yes, they are responsible for protection.

:angry:

Holdout, can't absorb the playbook, too skinny for DE, injured...

and the list goes on.

Miller is really tearing it up in P'burg and yes I am jealous.

/flame on

YOu have a lot of nerve complaining about draft picks. Over the past few years, since Marvin Lewis came on board and Mike Brown brought in the Tobins, we have had some of the best drafts in the league.

You know, we could have had a LOT of people over the years. Would Miller have helped us more than Pollack will eventually? NO!

Does Bratkowski even use a tight end? I know there are a few on the roster, but you'd never know it on game day.

Yes, they are responsible for protection.

:angry:

Holdout, can't absorb the playbook, too skinny for DE, injured...

and the list goes on.

Miller is really tearing it up in P'burg and yes I am jealous.

/flame on

YOu have a lot of nerve complaining about draft picks. Over the past few years, since Marvin Lewis came on board and Mike Brown brought in the Tobins, we have had some of the best drafts in the league.

You know, we could have had a LOT of people over the years. Would Miller have helped us more than Pollack will eventually? NO!

I'm really disappointed in you NBT. You say "You have a lot of nerve" The guys name is Gall... a perfect play on words was just asking to be used.

Anyway... Cincinnati has had great drafts recently... but so has Pittsburgh. I remember the past two years thinking that the Big Ben pick was excellent, and I was disappointed that he dropped to them... and then the same thing with Miller.

I know why Brat doesn't use TE's regularly... but there is no doubt that a good TE like Miller would help out our redzone effeciency... but if we used another 1st round pick on offense, mass suicide would have occured.

I know why Brat doesn't use TE's regularly... but there is no doubt that a good TE like Miller would help out our redzone effeciency... but if we used another 1st round pick on offense, mass suicide would have occured.

Please tell me why he doesn't use the tight end to catch balls.

If Brat doesn't use one and sees no need for one then what would Miller be doing for this team?

Please tell me why he doesn't use the tight end to catch balls.

If Brat doesn't use one and sees no need for one then what would Miller be doing for this team?

My bad... I don't remember if that was supposed to be an "I don't know why" or if the "why" was a mistake, and I should have just written "I know Brat doesn't use TE's"

The fact is... I don't know why Brat doesn't use them, but he doesn't. I wish he would, because WR's are less productive in limited space, and TE's work great on play action calls (and you can't very well throw to a RB effectively that you just faked a handoff to)... but the fact remains... we needed a Pollack type player much more than another offensive weapon.