Which makes a team more determined?

walzav29

This is a must win for the Steelers because they don't want to be 2.5 games behind. They are angry because of last weeks loss. They have Ben back. He has yet to lose to anyone besides the Pats. They want to prevent Palmer from to 3 games over a 100 rating streak. Or....

The Bengals want to prove they are for real. They are still getting no respect. Palmer is 0-2 against the Steelers. The Steelers have been the AFC North staple for years. No one thinks they can stop the run.

Sometimes games are determined by emotions. Like the Bengals when they beat the Chiefs. My Dad is a Steelers fan, I'm the Bengals fan. I can't wait, but I think the Bengals have more motivation. Which team will have that emotional edge?

This is a must win for the Steelers because they don't want to be 2.5 games behind. They are angry because of last weeks loss. They have Ben back. He has yet to lose to anyone besides the Pats. They want to prevent Palmer from to 3 games over a 100 rating streak. Or....

The Bengals want to prove they are for real. They are still getting no respect. Palmer is 0-2 against the Steelers. The Steelers have been the AFC North staple for years. No one thinks they can stop the run.

Sometimes games are determined by emotions. Like the Bengals when they beat the Chiefs. My Dad is a Steelers fan, I'm the Bengals fan. I can't wait, but I think the Bengals have more motivation. Which team will have that emotional edge?

First, although I'm sure you love the guy, I say get a new dad! :D

Living in Pittsburgh, my wife has asked me how I might react should my children 'give into pressure' and become Steeler fans. My answer? "They can find a new dad."

Love the Bengals! Hate the Steelers! Try living here, and you would understand ... these fans truly believe they ARE the NFL, and all the other teams are just lucky to be part of it all.

Go Bengals!

I've been wondering the same thing. I don't think the Steelers view this as a must win game because it is so early in the season, and they know they can go on a run either way. The Bengals are showing everyone this year that the Bunlges are dead, but they know they have to win big games like this one to keep it that way in the eyes of NFL fans. The Bengals have huge motivation, this game has been hyped up since the schedule was released.

Like I said elsewhere, it's a division game and division games are by definition must-wins. I expect both teams to be "up" for Sunday's clash.

For the Bengals, a win Sunday validates their record and puts math on their side in the race for the division crown. It's hardly early in the season anymore; the week after this game in the halfway point for the Bengals. If they can go into the second half of the season 2 games up, that's f***ing huge.

A loss keeps the pressure on the Bengals and makes the game in Pitt a nightmare-in-waiting.

I look at it this way ... there is no way the Ravens and Browns will be making legitimate noise in the AFC North this year. This game is critical in as much as it absolutely makes the next matchup in early December a MUST WIN for the loser. Simple as that. I definitely don't want the Bengals to be in a MUST WIN position in early December in Pittsburgh. Winning this weekend makes that next game a must win for the Steelers, and then all the pressure will be squarely on them. That's the way I like it. That's the way it should be. That's the way it will be.

I said this about the Jacksonville game and no one commented, but I'll try again - in a game with this much hype and emotion (the Jacksonville game had it because of being nationally televised), you always want to lose the coin toss. A hyped up defense is great, but an offense that is too charged up often makes mistakes. Bo Schembechler believed this and convinced the NCAA to change their rule so the winner of the coin toss could choose whether to defer the decision until the second half (so that the defense could be on the field first). I think both Cincy and Pittsburgh will be hyped for this game. I want our defense on the field first!

Roethlisberger said this is a must win game, because they can't fall that far behind the Bengals and expect to win the division. They only lost 1 game last year... and would be 3-3 if they lost this week, behind a 6-1 team. I think they know they need this win.

I haven't heard this kind of talk from many Bengals, except to say it is a big game. Actually... thinking it is a bigger game than it is can be a disadvantage. You ever notice how the first quarter of every superbowl is sloppy? It's because of nerves.

If the Steelers feel like this is a must win, while the Bengals are just doing their thing, they migth play tight, and get behind early. just a theory.